User Tag List

First 12

Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: the universe

  1. #11
    Pose! Salt n' pepper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    2,008

    Default

    Last year, around this time of year. Will be doing it next weekend again when I go CAMPING! But I can't stare at the sky for too long. Makes me think about how I'm just glued to the surface of this ball.

  2. #12
    Kraken down on piracy Lux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,527

    Default

    Hmmm.... It's been a while, too long, actually... Perhaps I will this evening. Thank you for the idea.
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

    "Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau

  3. #13
    Honor Thy Inferior Such Irony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    5,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by suttree View Post
    I'll admit I've had a few drinks tonight. But when's the last time you laid down, listened to the bugs, and looked at the stars? It's worth your time.
    It's been awhile and something I should do more. I'm not really a take time and smell the roses person because I'm so in my head most of the time that I don't pay close enough attention to the sensory pleasures in nature surrounding me. But when I take the time to do so, its a very satisfying experience.

    Quote Originally Posted by Salt n' pepper View Post
    Last year, around this time of year. Will be doing it next weekend again when I go CAMPING! But I can't stare at the sky for too long. Makes me think about how I'm just glued to the surface of this ball.
    I can't stare at the sky too long because my neck will hurt. What I like to do when camping is build a fire and watch the wood slowly burn. The dynamics of fire is actually pretty interesting when you watch it closely.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne




  4. #14
    Don't pet me. JAVO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,052

    Default

    Last night, for the Perseid meteor shower.

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    intP
    Posts
    231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paradigm-shift View Post
    What I like to do when camping is build a fire and watch the wood slowly burn. The dynamics of fire is actually pretty interesting when you watch it closely.
    "Fire-worship was by no means the most stupid invention" -Hermann Hesse, Demian

  6. #16
    Senior Member guesswho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    1,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by suttree View Post
    I'll admit I've had a few drinks tonight. But when's the last time you laid down, listened to the bugs, and looked at the stars? It's worth your time.
    I used to look at the stars when I was a little kid at night before I went to sleep...and listen to the sound of the city. I never stopped doing that. It makes me feel free, it makes me wonder...it makes me feel connected to the entire universe...

  7. #17
    Senior Member guesswho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    1,983

    Default

    damn it I feel so bad I don't have any close INTP friends.

  8. #18
    That chalkboard guy Matthew_Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    xxxx
    Posts
    1,256

    Default

    Last night.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

  9. #19
    Pose! Salt n' pepper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    2,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paradigm-shift View Post
    I can't stare at the sky too long because my neck will hurt. What I like to do when camping is build a fire and watch the wood slowly burn. The dynamics of fire is actually pretty interesting when you watch it closely.
    I'll make sure to do both.
    Hopefully it'll be a relatively clear night. So much light pollution where I live..

Similar Threads

  1. The Universe
    By reason in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 10-10-2015, 04:05 AM
  2. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights
    By Mole in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-11-2008, 06:27 AM
  3. [MBTItm] the solution to life, the universe and everything
    By entropie in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-29-2008, 11:15 PM
  4. Thoughts on God, life, the universe
    By Shinzon in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-23-2008, 04:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO