• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT Fight Fans

suttree

MBTI Type
intP
There is no sport more physically demanding nor any contest even with such strategic and tactical depth as mixed martial arts.

If you're a fan, let it be known.

If you're not yet a fan, please share your naive impressions of this, the pinnacle of human effort.

SecondBest

Permabanned
MBTI Type
eNxp
Enneagram
5/7
I'm not an NT, but I do enjoy watching the occasional MMA fight. It's incredibly interesting to me how much preparation and tactics are involved. If people just get over the violence aspect of it, it's like watching a crazy ass real time chess match.

Also, UFC 116 Lesnar v. Carwin - that fight definitely sparked an interest in this world for me.

Last edited:

InTheFlesh

Enneagram
CFV
If you're not yet a fan, please share your naive impressions of this, the pinnacle of human effort.

Why would anyone want to share if your insulting them right off the bat? It gives off the impression that you're closed minded to the point that any debate with you would be a waste of time because you wouldn't be able to see the other side.

Just wondering, not to give off the impression that I don't like MMA. I actually enjoy it quite a lot:biggrin:

suttree

MBTI Type
intP
Please excuse my rhetoric. if youve a dissenting opinion, please share.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I've long been interested in practical (read: applied) martial arts, so MMA has been something of a godsend to me.

I'll probably catch a lot of flak for it, but I stand behind Anderson Silva as one of the most talented and skilled strikers in the sport of MMA. I absolutely love seeing his stand up game.

Yes, I did see the Sonnen fight.

suttree

MBTI Type
intP
I'm amazed sonnen won those standup exchanges. I'm convinced Silva was injured.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Yeah, a fucked up rib will really effect a LOT in a fight. Can't generate power, can't breathe...etc.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
No way, man. The most physically demanding and strategically challenging game out there is definitely Pong.

BÃ¥rris

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I'm norwegian, so I've never watched mma.
but I do practice Jiu Jitsu twice a week

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
Naaaah, Starcraft is the pinnacle of strategic & tactical competition. Physically, ehh...

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
...Have you seen how quickly those Koreans have to move in Starcraft?

And you're telling me it's not physical. >_>

suttree

MBTI Type
intP
I suck at SC. I always just made the units I thought were cool instead of expanding and upgrading and countering the other guy. I had roommate in college (intj) who was good. I enjoyed watching him play.

Soul calibur is my game of choice.

InTheFlesh

Enneagram
CFV
Yah, now that I think about it that J probably helps haha.

I like games like Oblivion. Role-Playing games are my favorite:)

suttree

MBTI Type
intP
Couture is going to destroy Toney. James toney is a punch drunk fool for thinking boxing is enough in a cage.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I am so glad this turned into a starcraft thread. Really, I cant even express how awesome that is....

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
I am so glad this turned into a starcraft thread. Really, I cant even express how awesome that is....

are you a korean fan girl?

Oh and mma is cool sometimes. Depends on the fight though.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Big MMA fan since UFC 1-3 timeframe.

I don't necessarily buy all the hyperbole, but it's an awesome sport.

I wouldn't be surprised if, in 50 years, it's one of the most popular in the world.

henderson-bisping-gif.gif

suttree

MBTI Type
intP
You've got to give credit to Zuffa for good business sense and skillfully growing UFC internationally.

I'm afraid of an antitrust lawsuit clusterfuck for the UFC in the next decade. They seem to be doing a good job of letting underperforming guys go to feed lesser promotions.