User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Female ENTJ

MBTI
    INTJ

Default Female ENTJ

Hi,

I have a question. Based on type descriptions et cetera I strongly suspect that my current gf is ENTJ. However, sometimes she has these quirks that come across as F, or, rather, NF characteristics, especially when she has to blend in with a new group of people. Is it common for female Ts in general to develop a certain Fness, and could this be because F is somehow considered more 'appropriate' for women? This question has probably been asked a dozen times before, so sorry about that, but I was just wondering how everyone here feels (or thinks hehe) about it.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

What kind of quirks?

MBTI
    INTJ

Hm, kinda hard to come up with good examples. In general, when she's in a new workplace or has to deal with a new group of people, she always initially presents herself as a person with a very strong sense of empathy. People trust her immediately because she can be very friendly, open, warm and charming when they first meet her. She basically acts like a caring mother-figure. The thing is, though, once you get to know her personally or deal with her for a long period of time, it becomes increasingly obvious that her prime concern in dealing with other people is bossing them around in order for her ideas to become reality. She, frankly, doesn't give a rat's ass about the life stories of people she has just met. This difference between behaviour and inner thought, if you know what I mean, can in fact be cause for considerable stress for her. People basically get the wrong impression. I know all this is rather vague, but I hope it helps..

ReflecTcelfeR

Hmmm... seems like she has developed a nice Fe (that is if she can win people over because of it). That or she is mistyped and is an ENTP.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

ETJ women frequently get mistyped as EF because of how personable and sociable they are. As extraverts they tend to be naturally engaged by others, and they're very good at adapting their behavior to "how they need to be" as dictated by the needs of the environment around them. The ESTJ girl I know is remarkably friendly, engaging, etc, but once the conditions take on a more business like or goal oriented vibe, her Te dominance is clear.

One of the reasons I think think ETJs in general get a bad rap, people think their management/office styles carry over into the social realm and it isn't really the case.

MBTI
    INTJ

Well, she is, by nature, bossy, punctual, perfectionistic, a neat-freak, etc. So I'm pretty sure she's a J.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

That sounds totally like my boss! At first impression, I thought he was really considerate, warm, caring etc. But he's full of bullshit. He's all Te and I know it! His abundance of Fe annoys my Fi, but he is very efficient at it and I am impressed and have learned from him. It's total bullshit though. He doesn't really care. Nope. He cares about his business, not the people. Not to say that he's not a good person, just not warm and fuzzy like he wants his business people to believe.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    ETJ women frequently get mistyped as EF because of how personable and sociable they are. As extraverts they tend to be naturally engaged by others, and they're very good at adapting their behavior to "how they need to be" as dictated by the needs of the environment around them. The ESTJ girl I know is remarkably friendly, engaging, etc, but once the conditions take on a more business like or goal oriented vibe, her Te dominance is clear.

One of the reasons I think think ETJs in general get a bad rap, people think their management/office styles carry over into the social realm and it isn't really the case.
    I guess that's pretty much spot on in my gf's case. I also happen to know a girl who tested ESTJ when she went to work for a law firm, and she has that same sort of 'problem'. She also said that 60% of the people at her firm tested ESTJ, with ENTJ and ISTJ as the runners-up. Funny to see how MBTI works in real life .

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    Hmmm... seems like she has developed a nice Fe (that is if she can win people over because of it). That or she is mistyped and is an ENTP.
    I don't know. If it's not genuine, it doesn't sound like she's developed better Fe. Sounds more like she's understood the name of the game, and plays it well in order to win people over to realize her projects.

I can be very friendly and warm towards people I perceive as "not harmful". But I wouldn't fake interest or empathy in order to get people to like me or get them on board on some project. That sounds like a waste of time and energy. And I hate phoniness.

I generally DO find peoples ideas interesting and they genuinely excite me. Kissing peoples asses feels very unnatural to me. If I want something done, I'll ask straight up or I'll try to engage them in the process and get them excited about the project.

In work settings, I don't really deal with people on a personal basis until I know them. And I'm generally more reserved in social settings that aren't business related. Because I don't bother relating to most people unless I want to.

Maybe she's ESTJ.
    acts like a caring mother-figure
    sounds like some ESTJ's in my life.

Are you sure she's an ENTJ? We tend to stand out, rather than blending in.

Has she ever taken the MBTI?