• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] Female ENTJ

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hi,

I have a question. Based on type descriptions et cetera I strongly suspect that my current gf is ENTJ. However, sometimes she has these quirks that come across as F, or, rather, NF characteristics, especially when she has to blend in with a new group of people. Is it common for female Ts in general to develop a certain Fness, and could this be because F is somehow considered more 'appropriate' for women? This question has probably been asked a dozen times before, so sorry about that, but I was just wondering how everyone here feels (or thinks hehe) about it.

If she's ENTJ then whether or not she tries to blend into new social groups probably depends on whether or not it's a group she sees some sort of utility in becoming connected to/on good terms with. If it is, she'll devise the most effective strategy for getting in good with them because she knows it'll help her long term plans and goals.

So yes, NTJ women often recognize the way that social and cultural expectations want women to act "more F", and while they think this is ridiculous, they understand that it can be used to their advantage in the right situations--so sometimes they'll pretend to go along with it for their own strategic gain.

An ENFJ would be more likely to try and blend into the group purely because she feels it's the appropriate thing to do.

Yes. But she could still be an ENFJ or something

ENFJ if she has any values; ENTJ if she doesn't...right??

rav3n

Yes. But she could still be an ENFJ or something
Now this is a possibility and where cognitive functions comes in handy. Note her low T score?

ENTJ = Te/Ni/Se/Fi
ENFJ = Fe/Ni/Se/Ti

Fi tends to go wonky since it's an inferior function with ENTJs and ESTJs. It can come across as being overly sentimental.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Now this is a possibility and where cognitive functions comes in handy. Note her low T score?

ENTJ = Te/Ni/Se/Fi
ENFJ = Fe/Ni/Se/Ti

Fi tends to go wonky since it's an inferior function with ENTJs and ESTJs. It can come across as being overly sentimental.

Test scores don't mean anything.

But ENTJs will have the occasional overtly sentimental moment, and like most inferior functions it'll come out in a sort of childish way that lacks any real sense of context or degree.

One time I gave an ENTJ friend the last of my sodas in the fridge, and he turns and looks me intently in the eye and says in a deeply empathetic way, "Wow...you're a really good friend, man. Thank you so much."

I was like, ummm dude it's just a soda? It cost me 88 cents and I can always go buy more?

But I guess he as a Te dom is much more cognizant of efficient distribution of resources than I am, and the last soda had inflated value because it was the last piece of that resource that could be used before we had to make the effort to go and buy more soda (which would use significantly more resources in terms of time/energy/fuel/risk of unforeseen incident than simply walking to the fridge to get another soda.)

Since I was willing to give up this valuable resource and ask nothing in return, my ENTJ friend took this as a deep sign of respect and gushed a little inferior Fi at me, as if I'd just bought him a new car. But it took me a long time to understand why.

rav3n

Test scores don't mean anything.
There are many reasons why tests aren't true indications of type.
  1. Work environment can encourage different responses.
  2. Respondees are answering with what they want to be like, rather than how they honestly react.
  3. Mood, particularly negative mood.

Which is why it's worthwhile to look at cognitive functions.

But ENTJs will have the occasional overtly sentimental moment, and like most inferior functions it'll come out in a sort of childish way that lacks any real sense of context or degree.

One time I gave an ENTJ friend the last of my sodas in the fridge, and he turns and looks me intently in the eye and says in a deeply empathetic way, "Wow...you're a really good friend, man. Thank you so much."

I was like, ummm dude it's just a soda? It cost me 88 cents and I can always go buy more?

But I guess he as a Te dom is much more cognizant of efficient distribution of resources than I am, and the last soda had inflated value because it was the last piece of that resource that could be used before we had to make the effort to go and buy more soda (which would use significantly more resources in terms of time/energy than simply walking to the fridge to get another soda.)

Since I was willing to give up this valuable resource and ask nothing in return, my ENTJ friend took this as a deep sign of respect and gushed a little inferior Fi at me, as if I'd just bought him a new car. But it took me a long time to understand why.
Yes, this example sounds about right. ENTJs have difficulty asking for anything, especially favors.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There are many reasons why tests aren't true indications of type.
  1. Work environment can encourage different responses.
  2. Respondees are answering with what they want to be like, rather than how they honestly react.
  3. Mood, particularly negative mood.

Which is why it's worthwhile to look at cognitive functions.

Yes, this example sounds about right. ENTJs have difficulty asking for anything, especially favors.

TRUTH

burymecloser

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
From your description, Green Machine, I don't see any reason to doubt that she's ENTJ. Extraversion sometimes looks like Feeling, particularly among Thinkers who understand how to use social situations to their advantage. She's not a Feeler; she just understands social conventions. It sounds like she follows them and wins people over not because of genuine feeling but simply because it is called for -- it's in her own best interests and that's how she can best advance her own position.

JoSunshine

That's my name biotch!
MBTI Type
eNfj
Enneagram
I agree with that ^.

Of course that is not to say that genuine feelings don't develop. One of my closest friends is an ENTJ. We say that we are the same except she leads with logic and her feeling follow and I lead with feelings and my logice follows.

She is socially adept and is generally well received, but people do drop off over time becuase she is seen as insensitive and scary (she'll be the first to admit she scares people) but it takes time for the forcefulness of her personality to emerge. That being said she is far from uncaring - she is one of the most caring people I know. She's just a powerful force that not everyone can handle. ENTJs and ESTJs get a bad wrap in my opinion.