User Tag List

First 4567 Last

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    "There is, finally, a third group... the most numerous and includes the less differentiated normal man...
    He constitutes the extensive middle group... I call the first group extraverted and the second group introverted"

-Carl Jung.

"There is no such thing as a pure extrovert or a pure introvert.
    Such a man would be in the lunatic asylum.
    They are only terms to designate..., a certain tendency....the tendency to be more influenced by environmental factors, or more influenced by the subjective factor, that's all.
    There are people who are fairly well balanced and are just as much influenced from within as from without, or just as little".

- Carl Jung
    Can you give me the title of the book where jung writes about this

ReflecTcelfeR

I believe it is Psychological Types.

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

where in it?

I have not read it through, but I would speculate that it seems silly to make that statement in a book that will clearly contradict the basis of what he is writing about in said book.

Quote Originally Posted by slowriot View Post
    I have not read it through, but I would speculate that it seems silly to make that statement in a book that will clearly contradict the basis of what he is writing about in said book.
    Silly as it may seem, there are few Jungian psychologists who haven't commented in their own books that Jung contradicted himself.
    In this case, part of the problem can be who did the German to English translation for which version of Psychological Types.
    There is a translation of Psychological Types by H. Godwyn Baynes and another translation of Psychological Types by G. Adler and R.F.C. Hull.

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Do you thrive on external feedback? Do you need external stimulation/validation?

I knew this guy once who said he could sit alone in a room with white walls for quite some time and be quite happy. Not me, man. NO SIR.

And like I said, when I thought about being a novelist, the idea of having *no* external feedback for long stretches of time freaked me out. It was a way for me to see my own extroversion, even when I have a hard time seeing it in a social context.

Hmm where have I seen that before ?

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

there is no basis for any of the quotes by jaguar. I have searched the collection of electronic books on Jung, that I have, which I would think are all, and I can not find the quotes that jaguar have produced.

I find it to be a mistaken quote that has been passed on and on.

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Silly as it may seem, there are few Jungian psychologists who haven't commented in their own books that Jung contradicted himself.
    In this case, part of the problem can be who did the German to English translation for which version of Psychological Types.
    There is a translation of Psychological Types by H. Godwyn Baynes and another translation of Psychological Types by G. Adler and R.F.C. Hull.
    Okay makes sense, but why would such a thing be left out in one translation and not in the other?

Can you produce the page where it says what you quoted? The physical page. Its not that I dont believe you I just want to see.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by myrow View Post
    I have this "drive" that I constant need validation from another person, I need people to compare to so I know that I'm constantly growing physically, mentally, academically (what I'd describe as that one-upmanship, I always try to be better than myself and the person next door). On the other hand, sometimes I need time alone to think things through, plan things out and "recharge" so I can compete with the world the next day! Sitting in a room with white walls? Not happening - I'd be bored out of my mind =p . I hope this answers your question.
    You're just an ENTP, I'm pretty sure. ENxPs need more alone time than some other extroverts, and you could just be on the lower end of extroversion like I am. That one-upmanship and the love of arguing you mentioned in a previous post makes me think ENTP as well.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Hmm where have I seen that before ?
    Are you like that it as well? That was from someone I know IRL.

Quote Originally Posted by slowriot View Post
    Can you produce the page where it says what you quoted? The physical page. Its not that I dont believe you I just want to see.
    Are your fingers broken?