User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    If ENTJs ruled the world it would be such a great place no one would want a rebellion. Everyone would be having too much of a good time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Ridiculous.
    I took that as a joke. Doesn't sound like something Lark would say and mean, but what do I know. He just ninja'd all over my VM.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Green Machine View Post
    Hi,

being a n00b here, and in the whole MBTI thing in general, I don't know too much about ENTJs and what makes them tick. In spite of this, I have a few suspicions about the type, since I believe that both my gf and one of my best friends are ENTJs. Here's my two cents.

First of all, they can both be horribly arrogant, and often in a very blunt manner. They're absolutely delighted with who they are and what they represent - ambition, intellect, initiative, organisational skills, social skills (charm), a good sense of humour, and so forth. However, they both look down on anyone who is not like them. Especially when I speak to them in private, their judgment of others is often so harsh I sometimes find it appalling. Though I often share and, up to a certain extent, appreciate their disdain for those who are considered 'stupid', I tend to be less open about it.

Second of all, they're both horribly intelligent and disciplined. And when I say horribly, I mean it. Never have I seen such a brilliant combination of intellect, initiative and organisation as in these two. They're not afraid of anything, it often seems.

Third of all, they both have a mild tendency towards substance abuse, my gf being a heavy smoker and my friend being quite a heavy drinker at times, getting pissed off by the absence of beer in his immediate vicinity. What's strange though is that when they want to quit smoking or drinking, they just do. They can simply stop for months on end out of the blue - I cannot. When I've been without a cigarette for more than 12 hours, I go insane. They do pick it up again, however, in the end. But only after they've passed their tests or something like that. Weird.

So, the ENTJ, in my opinion, is fun-loving, arrogant, smart and disciplined. The upside to them ruling the world would be that everything would be quite neatly organized - no obnoxious politicking, no slow decision-making, just making sure things work and function. The downside to them ruling the world would be that a lot of people would be left to fend for themselves, especially if someone has problems because of their own faults. There's no second chances in the ENTJ world. They're very cruel, that way.
    Sorry, but your friend and girlfriend appear to be ISFP's.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

if ENTJs ruled the world, ENFP population would skyrocket.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    Sorry, but your friend and girlfriend appear to be ISFP's.
    How so?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Green Machine View Post
    How so?
    Was just joking. They sound like they very well could be ENTJ's, although none of the ENTJ's I've known were chain smokers.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    INTJ

Ah sorry, missed the joke there hehe. No but they're both very much chain smokers, and they like a drink occasionally to put it mildly, though at the same time they can be quite freakish about their health in terms of proper diet and exercise. And in my gf's case, she can be freakish about my health, too, which is often simply annoying.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I'm in favor of this, because it means all the virile and fertile INTPs get to be sex slaves. Finally my talents would actually be appreciated by the dominant type in society.

... I would be writing this post right now.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    ... I would be writing this post right now.
    Does that mean that ENTJ's are already running the world or that it wouldn't make much difference if they did?

It could also mean that I am unaffected by whatever the world does. But I do can imagine that the world is ruled by ENTJs.