• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] Ask an ENTJ!

F

figsfiggyfigs

Quick questions:
1- Do you have a preference for extroverts or introverts?
2- How appealing are casual relationships to you?
3- Do you enjoy parties?
4- Do you drink regularly? Do you do any other type of drug?

1. Introverts
2. Not at all, I don't do casual.
3. Nope. Unless its something calm, little-to-no alcohol, and with very good friends, sure.
4. Nope, and Nope.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Quick questions:
3- Do you enjoy parties?

1. Introverts one-on-one, extroverts in more casual settings
2. Appealing. Keeps things fun and much less complicated.
3. Of course. Probably too much. :D (those all-natural liver detox shots seem to work by the way...fyi to like-minded people)
4. I drink socially, and I'll try anything that doesn't give you bedsores on your face, Superman delusions or bonewracking withdrawals after 2 uses.

knight

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
what are things in the work place that really piss you off?

rav3n

Just a few examples of what annoys me in the workplace:
  1. Looooonnnnnngggggg deathly dull meetings!
  2. People who lose sight of objectives.
  3. People who cry at work. Leave your e-mo at home.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Leave your e-mo at home.

No.

sesame-street-tickle-me-elmo.jpg

MoneyTick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Quick questions:
3- Do you enjoy parties?

Thanks

1) Introverts

2) Not very appealing, as investing in an a relationship with a predisposed expiration date is irrational. However, the occasional one-night deal appeals to me now and then.

3) Oh yes! They're the Xanax moments of my speeding train-like lifestyle.

4) At few shots at the bar at least once a week. Otherwise, caffeine and Adderall to plow through work (of which I genuinely enjoy).

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Quick questions:
3- Do you enjoy parties?

1) Tough call. I tend to have more significant relationships with introverts, but I definitely enjoy the company of other extroverts. Probably, introverts, then.
2) Not very. I'd rather a one-night stand to prolonged, no strings attached sex with one person.
3) Only if its a dance party. Otherwise, no. I despise small talk.
4) Yes and yes.

shoshana

MBTI Type
eNTJ
Instinctual Variant
so
Rather than answer the aforementioned questions I'd like to ask one myself...

I'm still learning a lot here so forgive me if this question sounds overtly naive: how much of a role does sex and gender play in typology?
I do not really have many extroverted friends (only acquaintances) but from feeling around the forum I have a hard time believing there is a lot of sexual chemistry between ENTJs (at least generally).

I have a more effeminate ENTJ male friend whom i am very close with, but that is pretty much it so my social interactions with other ENTJs are limited.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
A lot of you ENTJ's say that you respect people who stand up for themselves and who are not doormats. When I stand up to the xxTJ's (Te, Fi) that I know IRL, one of two things seems to happen:

1. It turns into an argument/pissing match.
2. Sometimes I walk away feeling like I may have been "too" straightforward and triggered some Fi sadness.

If you're very blunt and even critical with someone (Te), what do you expect their response to be to you? It's logical that they would most likely "punch back", right? So, if you come at someone with cold, hard Te, how could that person ideally respond to you? If we cower and walk away, then we're a doormat. If we stand firm and "punch back", then we're argumentative. What's the happy medium?

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
A lot of you ENTJ's say that you respect people who stand up for themselves and who are not doormats. When I stand up to the xxTJ's (Te, Fi) that I know IRL, one of two things seems to happen:

2. Sometimes I walk away feeling like I may have been "too" straightforward and triggered some Fi sadness.

If you're very blunt and even critical with someone (Te), what do you expect their response to be to you? It's logical that they would most likely "punch back", right? So, if you come at someone with cold, hard Te, how could that person ideally respond to you? If we cower and walk away, then we're a doormat. If we stand firm and "punch back", then we're argumentative. What's the happy medium?

Have you considered not posting the same post across multiple threads and instead opening a single thread on the topic?

bcubchgo

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
1- Do you have a preference for extroverts or introverts? introverts - what I like about them is their insight - when you can actually drag it out of them.
2- How appealing are casual relationships to you? not really. I LOVE flirting though. It's fun. But I don't go to bed with someone unless I think we can connect someway beyond a physical plane.
3- Do you enjoy parties?yes. I enjoy parties more where I know people or I didn't go by myself though.
4- Do you drink regularly? Do you do any other type of drug?yes. no - for some reason I am not really into drugs. They are a bit too strong for me - I still need a grip on reality if I'm buzzed. I hate being so drunk or stoned that I feel I can't think clearly.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Have you considered not posting the same post across multiple threads and instead opening a single thread on the topic?

Jim! Glad you're doing well. I did consider it, and chose to do it the exact way that I did. 1. I didn't feel it deserved its own thread - might only get a a response or two from INTJ's and maybe a response or two from ENTJ's - if that. Therefore, just thought I'd ask within these already established threads. 2. Also, I asked the ESTJ's over in their forum and I wouldn't have gotten any responses from them if I had started a thread here in the NT forum.

However, thank you kindly for the recommendations.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Te-doms concern themselves first and foremost with what Machiavelli would call effective truths. We're looking to get from A-->Z as efficiently as possible. To me, Ti-derived criticism to an idea can sometimes sound irrelevant or worse idea shitting for its own sake. This is frustrating, and enough to make me actively dislike someone. I think being an ENTJ exacerbates this dynamic further because, unlike our ESTJ counterparts, there's usually a bit of a Ni leap o' faith involved with some of our ideas. We see the answer, we know the outcome, and its infuriating to miss the goal because some dipshit couldn't see the big picture. This doesn't make me sad. It makes me angry.

My answer to your first two question: it depends. If someone whose role is necessary to my project gets stuck in a rut over what appears to be mere semantics from my point of view, then the response would be to do what's necessary to get the person back on task, or to replace you. If you are not necessary, my response would be to ignore you. Having said that, we like to get our ideas tested. If someone has a way to get to A-->Z and skip more letters than we could, then we'll totally be down for that. You might have to convince us a little, but if we're arguing we're at least interested. We're curious and like to think work things out externally like the ENTPs do, we're just a little more, uh, "focused". I think what most people would consider confrontation is to me just trying to vet the other person's idea and that person. A person who I trust and respect is going to have to work for it less.

Your best bet when dealing with ENTJs is to couch whatever arguments in terms of added value to outcome. Your idea may be perfectly valid, but if you don't take the time to connect the dots to the bottom line we may dismiss you off-hand. Hold your ground. Have a couple points prepared as to why you think you're correct, and we're wrong. And don't you take it personally if we initially tell you to go fuck yourself anyway. It can still turn out in your favor in one of two ways: 1) we take the information, mull over it for a while, and recognize your point was correct, or 2) in the end you turn out to be right and we were wrong. In either case, I would try to rectify the mistake immediately, and would probably apologize to the person for blowing them off if they hadn't been too insufferable about the whole thing.

Or the TL;DR version--Meet us halfway and we'll work with you. Oh, and no bitch-assness.

rav3n

An ESTJ and an ENTJ will react differently, reliant on approach by both parties. Do you have an example of interaction?

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Te-doms concern themselves first and foremost with what Machiavelli would call effective truths. We're looking to get from A-->Z as efficiently as possible. To me, Ti-derived criticism to an idea can sometimes sound irrelevant or worse idea shitting for its own sake. This is frustrating, and enough to make me actively dislike someone. I think being an ENTJ exacerbates this dynamic further because, unlike our ESTJ counterparts, there's usually a bit of a Ni leap o' faith involved with some of our ideas. We see the answer, we know the outcome, and its infuriating to miss the goal because some dipshit couldn't see the big picture. This doesn't make me sad. It makes me angry.

My answer to your first two question: it depends. If someone whose role is necessary to my project gets stuck in a rut over what appears to be mere semantics from my point of view, then the response would be to do what's necessary to get the person back on task, or to replace you. If you are not necessary, my response would be to ignore you. Having said that, we like to get our ideas tested. If someone has a way to get to A-->Z and skip more letters than we could, then we'll totally be down for that. You might have to convince us a little, but if we're arguing we're at least interested. We're curious and like to think work things out externally like the ENTPs do, we're just a little more, uh, "focused". I think what most people would consider confrontation is to me just trying to vet the other person's idea and that person. A person who I trust and respect is going to have to work for it less.

Your best bet when dealing with ENTJs is to couch whatever arguments in terms of added value to outcome. Your idea may be perfectly valid, but if you don't take the time to connect the dots to the bottom line we may dismiss you off-hand. Hold your ground. Have a couple points prepared as to why you think you're correct, and we're wrong. And don't you take it personally if we initially tell you to go fuck yourself anyway. It can still turn out in your favor in one of two ways: 1) we take the information, mull over it for a while, and recognize your point was correct, or 2) in the end you turn out to be right and we were wrong. In either case, I would try to rectify the mistake immediately, and would probably apologize to the person for blowing them off if they hadn't been too insufferable about the whole thing.

Or the TL;DR version--Meet us halfway and we'll work with you. Oh, and no bitch-assness.

Interesting. Thanks!