User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 218

Thread: Ask an ENTJ!

  1. #31
    Senior Member MoneyTick's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    252

    Default

    I've also never met an ENTJ.

    I bet one of us would eventually end up at the hospital with a severe panic attack.

    Or is it so? How to two ENTJs get along?

  2. #32
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyTick View Post
    Speaking of, I would like to meet an INTP in real life - I don't think I've ever met one before.

    I hope you guys are good at heated and fiery debates. Can you handle me? :LOL
    Well, we enjoy intellectual debates, but, speaking for myself atleast, if it turns emotional we run from it. But we can defend nearly every stand-point even if we dont believe in it. But mostly we debate to learn and convince ourself that we are right.

    So yeah, ENTJ isnt the most emotional types so it would probably work out fine.

  3. #33
    Senior Member INTPness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    2,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyTick View Post
    Speaking of, I would like to meet an INTP in real life - I don't think I've ever met one before.

    I hope you guys are good at heated and fiery debates. Can you handle me? :LOL
    Oh yeah, you'd love debating with us. We might even frustrate you with how much we will pick apart your argument. It's been my experience that if someone is not NT, they generally hate when I start debating. Only the NT's have enjoyed it.

    Another thing that you may like/respect or not like (not really sure), is that just like you think you "know the best way to do something" - we do too. We're open to new ideas (we LOVE new ideas), but ultimately we like to call our own shots. Just like Salt 'N Pepper said, we just go about in a very different way than ENTJ's do. I think the ENTJ's I've been friends with have respected this in me - most of us are fiercely independent. The ENTJ's don't always understand my method, but at the end of the day, we tend to agree quite a bit on how decisions should be made.

    What's strange about INTP's is that we are introverted so we generally turn away from people rather than towards them. Tucked away in a quiet corner is where we do our best work and our most innovative thinking. Distraction free, relatively speaking. And most of the time, you're going to see Ne - which is kind of all over the place. Combine these things, and we don't initially appear to be "intelligent". We sometimes seem dreamy, spacy, and maybe like we aren't able to focus. But, when we are alone, that's where Ti takes over. That's when everything is "clear" and we are able to do some original thinking. The tell-tale sign is when you finally see the INTP just tear off on some Ti tangent all of the sudden - either intellectual or ripping someone a new one. Like if someone is arguing with us about something that we know they have no idea what they are talking about. Some topic that we've spent hundreds of hours researching, learning about, thinking about, etc., and someone who thinks they just woke up this morning and suddenly had more knowledge than us (about that topic) wants to say we don't know what we're talking about.

    Yeah, if you pick our brains and let us open up, there's a whole world of ideas and knowledge in there. We just kind of wait for someone who is interested in hearing it.

    But, I digress. This thread is about the ENTJ's, not us. But, I do have several good friends now that are ENTJ and I really do enjoy the similarities that we have. We find each other a bit strange, but there's also a mutual respect too. ENTJ's respect me more when I show a more reliable, professional side. When they feel they can count on me to be on board with "their plans", then they kind of want to make me their "right hand man". But, the iconoclast in me always wants to escape that role. I don't want to be anyone's wingman. It's just not in my nature. In a business setting, I want to be my own man surrounded by good people, much like the ENTJ wants.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.


    There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

  4. #34
    Senior Member Blown Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Posts
    280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyTick View Post
    I've also never met an ENTJ.

    I bet one of us would eventually end up at the hospital with a severe panic attack.

    Or is it so? How to two ENTJs get along?
    I assumed two ENTJs would get along well. We can see where our agendas overlaps with the other's and work together on mutual goals. There is rarely conflict unless someone involved with our agenda is under-performing, or if someone gets in our way. In that case we just run them over.


    Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    they kind of want to make me their "right hand man". But, the iconoclast in me always wants to escape that role. I don't want to be anyone's wingman. It's just not in my nature.
    But it's for your own good!

  5. #35
    Senior Member bcubchgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyTick View Post
    I've also never met an ENTJ.

    I bet one of us would eventually end up at the hospital with a severe panic attack.

    Or is it so? How to two ENTJs get along?
    oh geez. I could write a book about this.

    I have had two important ENTJ's in my life. One was a boyfriend and another is a co-worker that I've worked with for 15 years.

    In the first case, it started off great but then it became obvious that we were both irritating each other by being stubborn and wanting to "win" all the time. He and I also reinforced some of the typical ENTJ neurotics that we go through in our decision making processes. Eventually, it just became tiresome being around him and I kind of gave up.

    I could sort of say something similar about the second person, only I have learned to deal with it because of the business situation. We get along unless we conflict on some sort of decision that needs to be made. Then it can be bad. Explosive in severe cases, even. Not pretty. I have learned to take baby steps in a situation like that so that I don't blow my top. When it works it really works. I think the key is to have other people to interact with when situations like that come up. Left to your own devices, it's waaaaay too easy to end up in a jousting match.

  6. #36
    Giggity Vie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    792

    Default

    I agree with ^^.

    My roommate just tested as an ENTJ (I always had my suspicions, but now I've been proved right. The world can continue on now.) She is very much like me, but a bit more spoiled. This sometimes can cause clashes between us -- and since we both tend to bottle up what we are really feeling, we will both snap on each other using severe vulgarities. But then hours later, all is right and we are okay. We got it out of our system and we can move on. When we butt heads, it gets REALLY UGLY (our other roommate, an INFJ sort of cowers in the corner, crying) and she is so surprised hours later that we are okay again.

    We get along great most of the time though. In fact, I think we both secretly enjoy when we blow up. Bahaha.

  7. #37
    Shaman BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,004

    Default

    Dearest ENTJs,

    Out of curiosity, what are your impressions of your opposite, the ISFP?
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  8. #38
    Giggity Vie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Dearest ENTJs,

    Out of curiosity, what are your impressions of your opposite, the ISFP?
    I only know of one person who actually knew their type as an ISFP -- and although I most of the time got along with them, I was sometimes frustrated with what seemed to me like a lack of focus.

    And although I am by no means a conformist, the ISFP I knew felt the need to go out of her way to be an "individual". It was so frustrating -- for instance, the band Muse. She loved them until it was in Twilight and suddenly she hated them.

    However, maybe because I've known her for 10 years now, but I would trust her with my life. She just has this way about her where I know she would never betray me.

  9. #39
    Shaman BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vieamemusique View Post
    I only know of one person who actually knew their type as an ISFP -- and although I most of the time got along with them, I was sometimes frustrated with what seemed to me like a lack of focus.

    And although I am by no means a conformist, the ISFP I knew felt the need to go out of her way to be an "individual". It was so frustrating -- for instance, the band Muse. She loved them until it was in Twilight and suddenly she hated them.

    However, maybe because I've known her for 10 years now, but I would trust her with my life. She just has this way about her where I know she would never betray me.
    Bolded sounds more like an enneatype 4 thing/high school girl thing (lol).

    A lack of focus? Focus on what? It would be cool if you could elaborate.

    That's great that you have reliable friends. I always try to be reliable and there for my friends. I hate being betrayed and controlled, and I seem to naturally not do that to people. Kinda like the golden rule, but only applying to some things.

    My personal experience with the two ENTJs I knew (both guys) were that they were full of energy, it was fun to be around them because we could always find something to talk about, and they seemed to be really good at telling idiots to fuck off and getting to the point. These were guys I knew in HS, and one of said ENTJs made a bully literally cry because of some of the stuff that he said LOL.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  10. #40
    Giggity Vie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Bolded sounds more like an enneatype 4 thing/high school girl thing (lol).

    A lack of focus? Focus on what? It would be cool if you could elaborate.

    That's great that you have reliable friends. I always try to be reliable and there for my friends. I hate being betrayed and controlled, and I seem to naturally not do that to people. Kinda like the golden rule, but only applying to some things.

    My personal experience with the two ENTJs I knew (both guys) were that they were full of energy, it was fun to be around them because we could always find something to talk about, and they seemed to be really good at telling idiots to fuck off and getting to the point. These were guys I knew in HS, and one of said ENTJs made a bully literally cry because of some of the stuff that he said LOL.

    Haha, yes. It was a couple years ago in High School so maybe that was it.

    And in reference to the lack of focus, I should elaborate -- you're right. I mean in the sense that I'm aware I can be some what controlling and this girl was in my Western Civs class. We had a project that was worth a ridiculous amount of points...it seemed like her head was always in the clouds. Whenever I would tell her what to do (I told everyone what to do, I know, I know - looking back it was rather a bitchy thing to do) she would almost on purpose NOT do it. The only thing she did want to do was draw the poster, not help the group with the presentation. I dunno how to describe it -- I'm doing a rather terrible job of it.

    And I despise people who bully others and would've probably told that guy the same thing. Getting to the point is really important with me as well. I hate people who beat around the bush and move about slowly -- I just want to shake them and make them MOVE so we can get on with life.

Similar Threads

  1. [ENTJ] Ask An ENTJ
    By fidelia in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 07-06-2009, 12:33 AM
  2. Ask an ENTJ, get a command.
    By Asterion in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 06-11-2009, 09:18 AM
  3. [ENTJ] I have an ENTJ friend who compliments me all the time...
    By ReadingRainbows in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 02-21-2009, 03:27 AM
  4. [ENTJ] Breaking Ties with an ENTJ
    By norepinephrine in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-17-2008, 02:08 PM
  5. [ENTJ] how do you argue with an ENTJ?
    By miss fortune in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 136
    Last Post: 03-08-2008, 02:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO