User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

Thread: Ask an ENTJ!

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    why should i ask an entj?
    Why are you posting if you don't want?

Dearest(*) ENTJs, please answer the question in the first post, too?

(*) Does such a thing drive you on the wall? Excessive use of cutesy words, especially if you don't know if the other is joking or not? My ESTJ husband hates it with a passion, because he never knows how to react. How would you react?
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    INTP

Question: How is it like to have TE first? I know how to think introverted, but my organisasing skills are nowhere to be found. So I wonder, what drives you? Does it make you extremely miserable if you dont succeed with your set goals? Do you ever feel content with the situation or are you always looking for something better? What drives you the most, the prospect of wealth or personal satifaction?

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Neobick View Post
    Question: How is it like to have TE first? I know how to think introverted, but my organisasing skills are nowhere to be found. So I wonder, what drives you? Does it make you extremely miserable if you dont succeed with your set goals? Do you ever feel content with the situation or are you always looking for something better? What drives you the most, the prospect of wealth or personal satifaction?

What drives me?

Chaos, problems, and craziness.

I THRIVE on organized chaos. I eat problems for breakfast. I walk into the office - I have 23 new voice messages, 36 emails on time critical issues, a stack of paperwork that I have to discuss with the IRS over an audit, etc .....

I see problems like a workout. It hurts, its strenuous - but moments later when you let go - your arms just get bigger, stronger, and ready to take on the next biggest set.

I have to admit, I love problems. Because where others give up, it's my opportunity to take over, move forward, and accomplish something that would allow me to be financially independent, have great and exotic vacations, travel the world, and live a satisfying life.

The recession IS GREAT!

Because its not an obstacle - but a new climate of economy.

Traditional products and services degrade in the wake of this new change, and only the brand new seeds of innovation and technology will be allowed to grow.

Its the best time to start a business.

But think in the tomorrow - Your business has to be the brand-new "seed" that will be immune to this new economical climate.

Think cost-reduction initiatives, new technology, new innovation.

The change in technology today, is due to the prior recessions that FORCED the change to occur.

Sorry I love to get off topic, but in response:

Do you ever feel content with the situation or are you always looking for something better?

Always looking for something better.

To see others give up, and me to move forward.

Organized chaos, problems, new ideas, new strategies

OTHER INNOVATIVE APPROACHES, BEYOND THOSE ALREADY TRIED.

For example, Iceland has just recently designed the first ocean-freighter that runs on PURE HYDROGEN.

COSCO and Hapag-Loyed, the biggest ocean freight container lines, are currently discussing contracts for future hydrogen powered engine integration.

This new technology allows for the same propulsion output of diesel based engines, and hyper-compressed resivour tanks.

This means a 500 foot ocean container can carry a full load from Hong Kong to New York at the cost of .45 CENTS per mile in hydrogen FUEL, DIRECTLY WITHOUT REFUELING.

This would nearly eliminate Hapag-Loyds diesel fuel expense. Rendering a 18% increase in profits - PERMANENTLY.

The recession inst over until we put it out.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Dear ENTJ, is there a pretty clear definition between your serious and unserious states? What types of unserious sorts of stuff do you do?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyTick View Post
    What drives me?

Chaos, problems, and craziness.

I THRIVE on organized chaos. I eat problems for breakfast. I walk into the office - I have 23 new voice messages, 36 emails on time critical issues, a stack of paperwork that I have to discuss with the IRS over an audit, etc .....

I see problems like a workout. It hurts, its strenuous - but moments later when you let go - your arms just get bigger, stronger, and ready to take on the next biggest set.

I have to admit, I love problems. Because where others give up, it's my opportunity to take over, move forward, and accomplish something that would allow me to be financially independent, have great and exotic vacations, travel the world, and live a satisfying life.

The recession IS GREAT!

Because its not an obstacle - but a new climate of economy.

Traditional products and services degrade in the wake of this new change, and only the brand new seeds of innovation and technology will be allowed to grow.

Its the best time to start a business.

But think in the tomorrow - Your business has to be the brand-new "seed" that will be immune to this new economical climate.

Think cost-reduction initiatives, new technology, new innovation.

The change in technology today, is due to the prior recessions that FORCED the change to occur.

Sorry I love to get off topic, but in response:

Do you ever feel content with the situation or are you always looking for something better?

Always looking for something better.

To see others give up, and me to move forward.

Organized chaos, problems, new ideas, new strategies

OTHER INNOVATIVE APPROACHES, BEYOND THOSE ALREADY TRIED.

For example, Iceland has just recently designed the first ocean-freighter that runs on PURE HYDROGEN.

COSCO and Hapag-Loyed, the biggest ocean freight container lines, are currently discussing contracts for future hydrogen powered engine integration.

This new technology allows for the same propulsion output of diesel based engines, and hyper-compressed resivour tanks.

This means a 500 foot ocean container can carry a full load from Hong Kong to New York at the cost of .45 CENTS per mile in hydrogen FUEL, DIRECTLY WITHOUT REFUELING.

This would nearly eliminate Hapag-Loyds diesel fuel expense. Rendering a 18% increase in profits - PERMANENTLY.

The recession inst over until we put it out.
    This post made it clear to me why people consider INTP/ENTJ a valid relationship match. First I thought the personalities would clash hardcore IRL. But you gave me insight in why it would work. You got a general passion for ideas. And we got a general passion for thinking up ideas. Do the math.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

This post made it clear to me why people consider INTP/ENTJ a valid relationship match. First I thought the personalities would clash hardcore IRL. But you gave me insight in why it would work. You got a general passion for ideas. And we got a general passion for thinking up ideas. Do the math.
    This is true, I suppose. But, MoneyTick's post made me think of the ways that I'm different from ENTJ's. Namely, he thrives in a chaotic, fast-paced, problem-filled environment. I almost useless in these types of environments, at least long-term. I can survive a day of it, but to do it day in and day out just isn't cooperative with Ti.

I need to observe, listen, and understand what all the problems are. Then, once I've gotten input from everyone, I have to shut the door behind me and just think. Map things out in my mind, on paper, look some things up, strategize, etc. After an hour (or more; I may need overnight to mull it over while walking or something) of "coming up with the best strategy", then I can announce the plan to others and move in that direction. Te is so good at organizing people "on the fly". "You go do this, you go do that, and I'll take care of this other thing. Ready, go!"

Ti needs time to contemplate all the ramifications of those actions. It wants time to see how a certain plan of action might play out. What will some of the negatives be if we move in that direction? How will Billy Bob's personality do in that situation? Is he even the right guy for the job? Maybe I should do it instead? Should I hire a consultant to do it? Yeah, but that would cost more money. Hmmm, let me go home and think this over tonight. Weigh the pro's and con's and I guarantee you that I'll have a good plan of attack tomorrow morning. I have to let things "set" for a while or else I tend to feel rushed and I make poor decisions.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    This is true, I suppose. But, MoneyTick's post made me think of the ways that I'm different from ENTJ's. Namely, he thrives in a chaotic, fast-paced, problem-filled environment. I almost useless in these types of environments, at least long-term. I can survive a day of it, but to do it day in and day out just isn't cooperative with Ti.

I need to observe, listen, and understand what all the problems are. Then, once I've gotten input from everyone, I have to shut the door behind me and just think. Map things out in my mind, on paper, look some things up, strategize, etc. After an hour (or more; I may need overnight to mull it over while walking or something) of "coming up with the best strategy", then I can announce the plan to others and move in that direction. Te is so good at organizing people "on the fly". "You go do this, you go do that, and I'll take care of this other thing. Ready, go!"

Ti needs time to contemplate all the ramifications of those actions. It wants time to see how a certain plan of action might play out. What will some of the negatives be if we move in that direction? How will Billy Bob's personality do in that situation? Is he even the right guy for the job? Maybe I should do it instead? Should I hire a consultant to do it? Yeah, but that would cost more money. Hmmm, let me go home and think this over tonight. Weigh the pro's and con's and I guarantee you that I'll have a good plan of attack tomorrow morning. I have to let things "set" for a while or else I tend to feel rushed and I make poor decisions.
    Agreed. We arent that similiar, just that we wouldnt clash as hardcore as I though.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post

Agreed. We arent that similiar, just that we wouldnt clash as hardcore as I thought.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Agreed. We arent that similiar, just that we wouldnt clash as hardcore as I thought.
    I think the way with intps and entjs is that it's not hard for us to understand each other, see the value in the other ones opinion. however, we just don't lead our lives the same way, at all.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Speaking of, I would like to meet an INTP in real life - I don't think I've ever met one before.

I hope you guys are good at heated and fiery debates. Can you handle me? :LOL