User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    abcd

Default Are ENTP strange copycat?

Are ENTPs apt to copycat some behaviour, generally unusual and curious? Not just buy the same hat that lady gaga use... More complex and mentally stimulating things...

For example, I was thinking about that episode in Seinfeld with Kramer (an obvious entp) who wants to keep the Leonardo Da Vinci's sleep schedule and he got almost crazy.

I think to be an entp from time to time... and I do that sometimes (and often I fail) when I read and I am stimulated about some weird habit of an hystorical person I admire.
    Maybe only to have the illusion to gain more intellectual/artistic abilities!!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

"The sincerest form of flattery is imitation" -They. Call me critical, but that's something I've seen in a lot of people, mostly children, however. For children I would assume (And to some limited extent remember) that it's fallacious logic based off of association, as opposed to a weird quirk. As for teenagers and adults, it's probably the inherent off-key nature of a teenager's mind (Yes, I am calling myself off-key.) and in adults, probably just a scrap of childhood, if they kept it.
    INTP,
    Neutral Good/Lawful Good even split. 5w4 sp/sx melancholic/supine, even split. Yes, I stole this method of placement from black cat.

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Default Are ENTP strange copycat?

Are ENTPs apt to copycat some behaviour, generally unusual and curious? Not just buy the same hat that lady gaga use... More complex and mentally stimulating things...

For example, I was thinking about that episode in Seinfeld with Kramer (an obvious entp) who wants to keep the Leonardo Da Vinci's sleep schedule and he got almost crazy.

I think to be an entp from time to time... and I do that sometimes (and often I fail) when I read and I am stimulated about some weird habit of an hystorical person I admire.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    NeTi

Quote Originally Posted by Malcontent View Post

Yeah we mimic tics, behaviors, even whole belief systems / thought processes if it is advantageous to our intellectual growth in the long term.

We not only mimic, we improve / modify it to make it even better or to make it suit us better.

If you get an ENTP interested in your thought processes, then you most likely have his/her respect, either as an enemy or friend. (or s/he is trying to pick out logical fallacies in your actions).

MBTI
    ENTP

Hmm.
    Let me get this straight.

If one fictive ENTP copies a weird habit then all ENTPs copy something. Because they are copycats that's what they do. Meaning that ENTPs are not original they copy the original. Can you invent something by copying things? And not by coming up with original ideas? NO.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    Hmm.
    Let me get this straight.

If one fictive ENTP copies a weird habit then all ENTPs copy something. Because they are copycats that's what they do. Meaning that ENTPs are not original they copy the original. Can you invent something by copying things? And not by coming up with original ideas? NO.
    Well in a way you can. That's actually how ENTPs operate. They see an idea that may be prospective (Ne), copy the main idea and good stuff out of it (Ti) and alter it (Se) as they need by adding the original (Ne) ideas, while working on the recognition of ideas (that must be Fi, but I would say it's Fe), is often forgotten or procrastinated, since it's the weakest of the conscious functions according to the function Model ''A''. So I can say that yes, ENTPs do copy things, what I've also seen in my experience. But let's not call it copying, but advancing stuff and making our lives easier
    Oh yeah?

MBTI
    ENTP

In the process of coming up with original ideas you use your ideas and the ideas of others to get a new and improved idea. Of course all extraverts are very influenced by external factors (Other people, their environment), but I don't think that makes them copycats. It sounds so childish.

Junior Member ScentlessApprentice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5-4

I have an ENTP friend, and i do very much see this weird sense of being a copycat in him. He's a musician, and he ends up writing songs that sound really really similar to other songs, if not almost exactly the same. I'm not sure if he realizes it, or is ashamed of it, but it's definitely very noticeable.
    5-4 INFP "The Idealist"

If you want to find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

so entp are not creative because they're only more creative than average instead of inventing every single concept they come up with.

If humans did that, it wouldn't have taken thousands of years to build a half descent civilization.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Junior Member ScentlessApprentice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5-4

so entp are not creative because they're only more creative than average instead of inventing every single concept they come up with.
    So are you saying ENTP's are more creative than anyone else by copying other people and not being creative?
    5-4 INFP "The Idealist"

If you want to find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise.