• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Are ENTP strange copycat?

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
And im surprised they let you vote

Permabanned
Ne perceives the patterns and correlations in outside world, Ti breaks it down into inteligible lego pieces that instantly feed back into Ne's scope to create new patterns. This happens constantly and it's more frequent when it's not being requested, e.g. as something new is learned in a specific context like school, as the teacher explains the concept, immediately and distractingly identifying the possibilities of application within the studied context and outside of it, often looking into novelty applications. The notion of copycat is irrelevant and not present in the process, except if due to some learnt reason, like social expectation or legal conditioning, as even bothering with that would hinder the whole process.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
ENTP has copied my joke and told it to others two times, i havent seen anyone else do that

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
Are ENTPs apt to copycat some behaviour, generally unusual and curious? Not just buy the same hat that lady gaga use... More complex and mentally stimulating things...

For example, I was thinking about that episode in Seinfeld with Kramer (an obvious entp) who wants to keep the Leonardo Da Vinci's sleep schedule and he got almost crazy.

I think to be an entp from time to time... and I do that sometimes (and often I fail) when I read and I am stimulated about some weird habit of an hystorical person I admire.
Maybe only to have the illusion to gain more intellectual/artistic abilities!! :jew:

I never thought of typing Kramer before but that's so awesome hahah He seems a little slow to be ENTP though. I don't think I've met a dumbish one yet.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I guess it makes sense, for ENTPs to do that. The ENTP I know has done stuff like the Kramer example before - but I wouldn't consider it "copying". More like "Fascinating! I wonder what that would be like." (which is SO Ne. Seriously. I do stuff like that sometimes, though I don't always take the step of trying it.)

Just like any other type, ENTPs can't be absolutely 100% perfectly original ALL the time. Things can stimulate the imagination even if they're just new to THEM, not to the whole world. You don't have to break the mold to be unique.

I dunno. I guess I just don't like the use of the word "copy".

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
I guess it makes sense, for ENTPs to do that. The ENTP I know has done stuff like the Kramer example before - but I wouldn't consider it "copying". More like "Fascinating! I wonder what that would be like." (which is SO Ne. Seriously. I do stuff like that sometimes, though I don't always take the step of trying it.)

Just like any other type, ENTPs can't be absolutely 100% perfectly original ALL the time. Things can stimulate the imagination even if they're just new to THEM, not to the whole world. You don't have to break the mold to be unique.

I dunno. I guess I just don't like the use of the word "copy".

EJCC, I like very much your post, you're right!
I used "copying" but it's more a sort of trying some crazy behaviour/attitude who are fascinating and new (Ne overload), yes!
Like that episode in Family Guy with Peter Griffin who wants his son become jewish so he can be more intelligent! this is a dumb example, but it can show how sometimes Ne overload can works without the Ti filter, imho.
So I think my thread was not so "stupid", I think strong Ne users can have this attitude more than other types.
Thank you and thanks to all for the answers.
Bye.