• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Which type is mostly likely to become superintelligent genius

Which type will most likely be a superintelligent genius

• Total voters

suttree

MBTI Type
intP
Lol. Yeah, I don't buy Derrida's crap either. Derrida was a philosopher. So you'll agree philosophy isn't useful?

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I see... you're jealous you're not intp.

I was distracted by the pretty table and didn't pay attention to your list.

So according to the data, most gifted hogh school students are xNxP but intp's and intj's are most likely to be gifted high school students.

This begs the question: how does being labeled gifted in high school relate to becoming a superintelligent genius (SiG)?

First I think we need some clarity on the concept of SiG-hood.

Apparently you're not familiar with me...

The last thing in this world I would want to be is an INTP.

As for SiG-hood, therein lies the problem.

No one's gunna agree on a single definition.

There are different kinds of genius.

And many (maybe most) geniuses are idiots in many ways.

Hence, the stupidity of this thread.

Invisiblemonkey

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I say INTx. Reason being, if you're not social then what else are you going to do but learn... Who knows what?.. Or you could just be a shut-in nerd watching anime/sci-fi. You know, 50/50. :cheese:

Nicodemus

If you disagree, please share why in rant form. Perhaps I will become defensive and lash out.
I can only guess and disagree why from my meagre individual perspective, which is totally biased toward philosophy and its importance. Since you seem to know the right decision while spitting on philosophy, I thought I could, perhaps, profit from your reasoning.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sak_SynthesisOfResearchOnPsychologicalTypes05.gif

SENG: Articles & Resources - Gifted kids at risk: Who's listening?

P.S.

SUCK IT!!!

:smooch:

There's the answer: INTP

Well, Jesus, as much as I sound like a DICK
That's an awesome type.

suttree

MBTI Type
intP
I can only guess and disagree why from my meagre individual perspective, which is totally biased toward philosophy and its importance. Since you seem to know the right decision while spitting on philosophy, I thought I could, perhaps, profit from your reasoning.

Ever since I paid attention to what Plato and Kant said, I thought philosophy was long-winded justification for ridiculous answers to unanswerable questions. Mental masturbation fantasizing about reality.

You can't be sure past "I think therefore I am."

Perhaps philosophers provide value by exploring different ways of answering unanswerable questions, but these questions ultimately must be answered by each person according to their own values and conscience. A person's time is ultimately better spent studying himself than grandiloquent dead guys. The onus of consistency is a requirement of academia but not of the heart.

"Know thyself" is the truest wisdom.

So if philosophy is a dead end because it seeks to answer unanswerable questions where should an intellect be applied? Science and engineering, obviously.

But it is a personal emotional requirement that I need to feel useful and expend my efforts fruitfully and i understand not everybody is burdened so.

Nicodemus

Ever since I paid attention to what Plato and Kant said, I thought philosophy was long-winded justification for ridiculous answers to unanswerable questions. Mental masturbation fantasizing about reality.
Real philosophy begins with wonder; then questions follow. Academic philosophy is much more about the questions than the answers.

[...] but these questions ultimately must be answered by each person according to their own values and conscience. A person's time is ultimately better spent studying himself than grandiloquent dead guys.
I believe - for good reasons - that a philosopher's first and foremost end is to find answers to questions that they themself find important. To answer them, they have to explore the world but also themself. To think about man is to think about yourself and vice versa.

"Know thyself" is the truest wisdom.
Actually, is does not assert anything. The mantra does reflect a certain insight or wisdom, though.

So if philosophy is a dead end because it seeks to answer unanswerable questions where should an intellect be applied? Science and engineering, obviously.
It is not a requirement for a philosophical questions to be unanswerable. It is, in fact, not even welcome. Many philosophers have abandoned metaphysics because of its bizarre and half-religious nature.

However, to question yourself, your goals in life, to ponder whether to become a mystic or a scientist, to know that 'knowing thyself' will influence your happiness, to decide that philosophy is futile business - to even think about these issues is essentially philosophical.

But it is a personal emotional requirement that I need to feel useful and expend my efforts fruitfully and i understand not everybody is burdened so.
Do you honestly believe the pope fancies himself use- and fruitless?

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wile E. Coyote--it says so on his card.

suttree

MBTI Type
intP
It sounds as if we are in basic agreement.

It is not a requirement for a philosophical questions to be unanswerable. It is, in fact, not even welcome. Many philosophers have abandoned metaphysics because of its bizarre and half-religious nature.

It seems to me that philosophy, or perhaps as it is practiced academically, is concerned precisely with questions that are unanswerable. When a question can be answered it becomes part of another discipline. Look at economics as a social science or even the grpwth of natural philosophy to science.

However, to question yourself, your goals in life, to ponder whether to become a mystic or a scientist, to know that 'knowing thyself' will influence your happiness, to decide that philosophy is futile business - to even think about these issues is essentially philosophical.

Perhaps these questions are philosophical in nature but asking them of yourself does not make you a philosopher, it makes you human. Most of the well known philosophers lived so far from the normal human experience they have little to offer in terms of guidance.

Sigh, I suppose Im a materialist and a moderate existentialist... but I'm no philosopher, dammit.

Do you honestly believe the pope fancies himself use- and fruitless?

The pope's mind is an utter mystery to me.

Please excuse my smartass rhetoric. Allowing each individual to determine their own values means everyone has a slightly different ideas of usefulness, which means thoughtful, intelligent people make different choices than I make.

Trying to apply ethical ideas consistently... dammit I'm philosophizing again.

Arthur Schopenhauer

What is, is.
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I believe - for good reasons - that a philosopher's first and foremost end is to find answers to questions that they themself find important. To answer them, they have to explore the world but also themself. To think about man is to think about yourself and vice versa.

Indeed, by studying these grandiloquent and dead philosophers and their philosophies, we may come to a better understanding of ourselves and what we want to accomplish and what we think is good or bad. By studying these certain sorts of philosophies a person can come to a better understanding of himself -- Suttree has somehow forgotten this is true and so his paragraph borders upon the ironic.

Actually, is does not assert anything. The mantra does reflect a certain insight or wisdom, though.

I find it odd that he is using a philosophical approach to justify his position -- philosophically. Hehehehe.

Clap. Clap. Clap.