• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Which type is mostly likely to become superintelligent genius

Which type will most likely be a superintelligent genius

• Total voters

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
This thread is retarded.

so are you denying the existance of supergenius intelligence?
Or are you saying every type has the potential to become a genius (even a retarded kid)
or there is no such thing as intelligence
or intelligence cannot be quantitatively measured
or intelligence is not limited to one type (which i doubt is false, bell curve theory)
or what?
I can't figure it out

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
In your continuum of stupid threads this has got to top the list, cloud.

You're getting crap responses because your premise is profoundly flawed.

What do you expect?

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
so are you denying the existance of supergenius intelligence?
Or are you saying every type has the potential to become a genius (even a retarded kid)
or there is no such thing as intelligence
or intelligence cannot be quantitatively measured
or intelligence is not limited to one type (which i doubt is false, bell curve theory)
or what?
I can't figure it out

:offtopic:

Please stay on topic in your own thread.

We're discussing the likelihood of superintelligence in 10 completely arbitrarily selected types.

suttree

MBTI Type
intP
You need to look at the third column in my data to find the % of gifted students relative to their %

e same, mine is just sorted by a type's tendency for giftedness relative to its % of the population as a whole.

It's all about how you slice the data. And I've sliced it in the most relevant way.

I see... you're jealous you're not intp.

I was distracted by the pretty table and didn't pay attention to your list.

So according to the data, most gifted hogh school students are xNxP but intp's and intj's are most likely to be gifted high school students.

This begs the question: how does being labeled gifted in high school relate to becoming a superintelligent genius (SiG)?

First I think we need some clarity on the concept of SiG-hood.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
In your continuum of stupid threads this has got to top the list, cloud.

You're getting crap responses because your premise is profoundly flawed.

What do you expect?

?????

myrow

MBTI Type
xNTP
Mastermind.

Imagine an INTP mastermind obsessed with hunting you down. Not a pleasant thing. RUUUUN!

Pff, he'd get you anyway :newwink:

Last edited:

LEGERdeMAIN

This thread is ridiculous and I can't seem to find a coherent argument for or against any one type. My tentative conclusion would be that this thread has attracted more simpleminded emotional, territorial posters than the rape threads and should be abandoned by anyone with an IQ or hair-follicle count above 100.

Jaguar

Why the hell aren't all 16 types in that poll? Biased bullcrap.

suttree

MBTI Type
intP
This thread is ridiculous and I can't seem to find a coherent argument for or against any one type. My tentative conclusion would be that this thread has attracted more simpleminded emotional, territorial posters than the rape threads and should be abandoned by anyone with an IQ or hair-follicle count above 100.

You're just understandably jealous that you're not intp, the obvious, research-backed answer to the OP.

Someone mentioned philosophers as potential SiG candidates. No SiG would waste his time attempting to create self-consistent systems to encapsulate and justify their personal, emotionally derived value system. Especially since a) the investment of individuals into their own value system, regardless of internal consistency makes philosophy not convincing and hence not useful, and b) the obvious inherent ambiguity of language makes such an exercise without a sound foundation on which to begin.

That's right, I'm calling people interested in philosophy dumb.

SiG's would be interested in advancing concrete knowledge and problems posed in the moat precise of languages, mathematics

LEGERdeMAIN

You're just understandably jealous that you're not intp, the obvious, research-backed answer to the OP.

Someone mentioned philosophers as potential SiG candidates. No SiG would waste his time attempting to create self-consistent systems to encapsulate and justify their personal, emotionally derived value system. Especially since a) the investment of individuals into their own value system, regardless of internal consistency makes philosophy not convincing and hence not useful, and b) the obvious inherent ambiguity of language makes such an exercise without a sound foundation on which to begin.

SiG's would be interested in advancing concrete knowledge and problems posed in the moat precise of languages, mathematics

How do you know I'm not Intp?

suttree

MBTI Type
intP

If you disagree, please share why in rant form. Perhaps I will become defensive and lash out.

What's the point of shitty who's smartest? threads, if not to indulge in pompous pedantic trolling?

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
NF can't become genius because they can't control their feelings.
You ever seen an NF that invented Calculus.
You have to be logical and dobjective to look at things. artistic genius yes, but not scientific and high IQ.

"I am among those who think that science has great beauty. A scientist in his laboratory is not only a technician: he is also a child placed before natural phenomena which impress him like a fairy tale." Marie Curie

"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men." MLK Jr

"As an adolescent I aspired to lasting fame, I craved factual certainty, and I thirsted for a meaningful vision of human life - so I became a scientist."

^ Beauty, fairy tales, "spiritual power" and a "meaningful vision of human life"? Tell me how that's not NF, and then proceed to explain to me why the grass is purple.

Arthur Schopenhauer

What is, is.
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram

I must be too stupid to understand this because it just looks like a load of crap to me.

suttree

MBTI Type
intP
I must be too stupid to understand this because it just looks like a load of crap to me.

It's possible we're coming up to the limits of language. As Derrida showed, the deferance of meaning of any particular word will always prevent proper transmission of thought via written text. Either that or it is possible you're stupid.