• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] ENTJs: Do you have your ups & downs or are you ALWAYS a social person?

MoneyTick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
HALF WAY TO WALL STREET.

4152862726_f817c14a60.jpg

**** Sent Via iPhone while crawling naked ****

MoneyTick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Does anyone have spare crutches? I cant stand up, my intense hard is stealing the job of my legs

MoneyTick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Ok im near sober ---- I'm coming back to my old self, looking back at my posts all I can say is What A NIGHT!

Glad to be back at corporate Wall Street, despite this headache .... wait .....

*phone rings*

LET HELL UNLEASH ITSELF ON MY FOR THE NEXT 18 HOURS~!

Starting with a bowl of problems for breakfast, and looking forward to an enjoyable phone call to the IRS :woot: latter on with a throbbing head ache from last night's ordeal.

Ok, ttyl guys

EDIT:

I just got a report that one of our subsidiary eCommerce sites is hit with a trojan virus and some of our financial data is critically comprised.

Another day, another problem, a solution away from another buck! Boy I love my job, literally.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I am more social than most of the people around me, but less social than some. I guess I go by per-situation basis.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Again, posting from the perspective of my ENTJ mother.... At times she absolutely has no desire to go to social functions and would much rather sit at home and read a book. However, she is also a workaholic like you. She's the CEO of an organization that operates 24 hours a day, so even after she comes home after working 10+ hours a day, her work cell phones usually go off a few times during the evening for her to solve some sort of mini-crisis. When they have actual big problems? She doesn't get a moments rest.

So I'm not surprised when she has a rough day at work, and we have some sort of social function planned in the evening.... She just feels so drained by being around people that she just wants everyone to leave the house and give her some peace and quiet.

Lark

I've read somewhere that ENTJs can become isolationists. Well, I feel like crap when I'm not around people, It really makes me feel like something's missing. But when I'm around others who arent my co-workers - I cant relate to them like I used to.

Bottom line: Are there fluctuations between I/E in a typical ENTJ? Can their drive for excellence compromise their regular social fluency?

Hmm, I've experienced where my thinking or theorising has taken precidence over small talk or mundanities in social interaction, so the idea of isolation? Perhaps.

If the company is the right sort of people I cant get enough of it, its got a totally restorative quality and revitalises, although I actually believe that this is the case for everyone and I'm not sure that introversion-extroversion has ever been as clarified in relation to social attunement or attraction as I'd like.

JHBowden

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
For what it is worth, being someone's organization man isn't what inspires me in life. And a dream about corporate minutiae sounds more like a nightmare than an aspiration. Pawn it off on an ESTJ, yo! They'll do it and like it!

I've never been a party animal either-- I'm underwhelmed by bars, I hate loud noises, and shallow conversations with Morlocks create a sinking feeling in my gut, nature's way of letting me know I'm wasting my time.

No, I find myself challenged by big picture stuff. I tried to make it in music performance as an orchestral trombonist. I earned a degree in physics. Philosophy is my primary obsession, though I'm currently pouring in a lot of hours to make a career change over into software design. "Relating" to other people has never been on my radar, and never will be, though I do seek out challenging conversations with others who share similar interests.

But my ultimate goal? That's to do nothing. Work to live, not live to work. ISFP shadow ftw. That means Peter Gibbons > Bill Lumbergh any day of the week. Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta.

MoneyTick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
For what it is worth, being someone's organization man isn't what inspires me in life. And a dream about corporate minutiae sounds more like a nightmare than an aspiration. Pawn it off on an ESTJ, yo! They'll do it and like it!

I've never been a party animal either-- I'm underwhelmed by bars, I hate loud noises, and shallow conversations with Morlocks create a sinking feeling in my gut, nature's way of letting me know I'm wasting my time.

No, I find myself challenged by big picture stuff. I tried to make it in music performance as an orchestral trombonist. I earned a degree in physics. Philosophy is my primary obsession, though I'm currently pouring in a lot of hours to make a career change over into software design. "Relating" to other people has never been on my radar, and never will be, though I do seek out challenging conversations with others who share similar interests.

But my ultimate goal? That's to do nothing. Work to live, not live to work. ISFP shadow ftw. That means Peter Gibbons > Bill Lumbergh any day of the week. Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta.

I agree. I always feel extreme apprehension and nervousness before I go out on a social function. I hesistate before I go out to a bar or club - but ironically, when I'm there I just ..... :party2:

Hijack the party and temporarily own everyone.

Then I just retract and seek no more vanity. For the next 5 weeks I go corporate hardcore.

I have a sense of confidence that I can rock the fuck out of any social gathering, but most of the time I prefer not to.

The other night was an example, but looking back it was just a waste of time.

JHBowden

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
I want to meet some of you extremely extreme extremist ENTJ knuckleheads in real life, at least for the entertainment value. EXTREEEEEMMME!

[YOUTUBE="FO2Abp0FbA0"]Extreme![/YOUTUBE]

MoneyTick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
The guy with the black hoddie has got to be a cousin of mine I probably never met before.

Who wants to hijack the bar with me again next Saturday?

I think a bunch of ENTJs need to come over my place and make Jersey Shore II ... Sucks entj women are so rare, I wonder how it would go if I met one in real life.

Vie

Giggity
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
The guy with the black hoddie has got to be a cousin of mine I probably never met before.

Who wants to hijack the bar with me again next Saturday?

I think a bunch of ENTJs need to come over my place and make Jersey Shore II ... Sucks entj women are so rare, I wonder how it would go if I met one in real life.

Haha, STL is where we are all at. :hi:

rav3n

Went through the social thing while in school, then dominated the corporate world and now, am seeking something else worth conquering. Haven't found anything yet.

So, no, you're not alone MoneyTick. But if you lose total connection with your personal side, it's something you might live to regret. Corporate isn't very caring and sucks at kissing.

Stol11

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Well as a research student, I find it extremely difficult to sometimes complete my work because it is often done with the minimal of human contact. That’s why I much prefer teaching and its probably what I’ll go into afterwards.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I've only read the op and to me it does seem you are asking the wrong questions. You have clearly said what you want for yourself, namely that you like it in your new world and then you wonder if you have gone introverted cause you're not hanging out with the "cool" people who get drunk all day no more. This logic doesnt click with me.

I rather think and I experience the same thing, you have went from being a mindless kid to becoming an adult, who tries to get the thing he wants out of the real world. It's often that especially men who changed into a somekind of "responsible life" at some point do look back and wonder if their change in lifestyle was so radical that they might be missing out on things, but to then go back to old habits does in 9 of 10 cases result in you loosing both lifestyles, namely your old lifestyle as you new it changed and the first day you show up drunk at work, you'll get fired.

To answer your question, I dont think your lifestyle has made you introverted, you just havent found a way to attend to your personal needs besides your new lifestyle, rather you compensated your needs with more work. If you try to go new ways, maybe an internet forum with topics of your intrest and if you try to find people who talk your language, you maybe will find people, who already lived thru a similiar situation like yours at some point in their lifes and who can tell you how they've coped with it.

Blown Ghost

MBTI Type
ESFP
Balance is a key element of happiness. It gets a lot easier once one no longer feels the need to prove something.

F

figsfiggyfigs

Sadly, your post excites me. LOL

I read it, and all I was thinking was "AWESOME. THAT's the kinda job I'd love to do" x)

you have to force yourself into finding that balance. Listen to people, even if you can't relate to what they are saying, the more you learn from other genres of life, the more "relatable" you will become.

Can't help much sorry, I've become a lot less social as well, and find the best way to deal with it is to force myself to talk to people ..O_O

MoneyTick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Sadly, your post excites me. LOL

I read it, and all I was thinking was "AWESOME. THAT's the kinda job I'd love to do" x)

you have to force yourself into finding that balance. Listen to people, even if you can't relate to what they are saying, the more you learn from other genres of life, the more "relatable" you will become.

Can't help much sorry, I've become a lot less social as well, and find the best way to deal with it is to force myself to talk to people ..O_O

IRS tax audit over, we came out clean except for a few errors!

I used to work for Russell Funds and I remember those days on the stock exchange floor.

In that short career I witnessed TWO heart attack victims right on the floor of the NYSE - one guy I actually knew personally.

He recovered but he's gone nuts from the panic and stress.

I don't know why but I kind of love the stress, its just me. Maybe because I know how to handle it, or maybe it just "drives" me forward.

capricorn009

Wow, I recently got back in touch with a lot of people from the days when I felt more
like myself and less like a shadow of what I once was...I was so nervous before seeing
them again that even though I knew they weren't the types of people to change a lot
over time, the cigarette I had before that meeting was without a doubt the best ciga-
rette of my life. Even though there are things we enjoy now and people that have
always been there we wouldn't know what to do without, it is a good reminder that care
free days aren't just gone once time moves on.

ENTJ