• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Ti] Tertiary and Auxillary Ti Usage.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Could someone explain to me the difference between Ti being used in the tertiary and auxillary position. I suppose the difference between how an INFJ and an ENTP use Ti.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Could someone explain to me the difference between Ti being used in the tertiary and auxillary position. I suppose the difference between how an INFJ and an ENTP use Ti.

From what I know about function usage, I would assume that when Ti (or any function) is in the tertiary position, it would probably take a little more time (during one's lifespan) to develop it completely and to learn to use it as a true strength to one's personality.

When I compare my Si (tertiary) to other people such as ISTJ's (primary), they're just so much better at it than I am. I mean, I have it - it's there and I can use it, but it seems a little harder for me to use it than it is for them. I've seen ISTJ's recall things (like the exact statistics of a baseball player from the 1994 season) that just blows me away. I remember those things on a more "general level". I remember that player A had a very good season and sometimes I can even give you the exact stats, but a lot of times I can't. They just have instant access to the data as they please. I have to work harder to perform well in my 3rd and 4th functions.

Someone who doesn't have much Si at all, like an ESTP for example (Se), is sometimes amazed at my Si. But, then an ISTJ comes along and blows me away. With your primary function, it's kind of your natural operating mode. You're a natural at that one function. You could do it all day and never get tired of it. With the 3rd and 4th functions, it's like you have to practice them and keep trying to develop and improve them so that they can be an asset to you.