User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    intp

Painful.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by A Schnitzel View Post
    Some INTPs I have chemistry with. Others not so much, but only blaming type instead of analyzing the real compatibility issues will leave you a bit lacking.
    Pretty much.
    I find two Ne-intensive INTPs get along just fine, typically, though.

It does kinda help if both people are open to verbalizing their thoughts, or one person is an initiator and the other a responder. Putting two responders together usually leaves conversation dead until an interesting topic is found.

Still, it can just be a chemistry thing. You're not going to sync up with everyone who matches your type.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I like most INTPs, a lot. But I can't imagine there being much of a romantic spark there. Too incestuous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    N>JI

Indeed INTPs are self-sufficient, we just need another INTP since we are the best prototype for the future human race

Seriously (hey but I was serious ! Geez).. INTPs get along very well, don't they ?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Go to INTPc and find out.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    N>JI

Haha, my mind is made up

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Strange, I'm typically a responder, but when I headed out with an INTP things started at the book store and moved to the coffee shop at the book store. The conversation ended up self sustaining for 3 hours, only being broken by staff bumping into us as they started to close up. Then again, I'm F, not T...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    N>JI

You probably encountered a defective specimen ..

WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.

Quote Originally Posted by suttree View Post
    AS: Of course, you are correct. Having been on only one date, the primary compatibility issue I see was a lack of chemistry. Perhaps we could open up more in the future but a mediocre first date and lack of physical attraction doesn't make me enthusiastic to find out.

I'm a Fetard trying to get better at relationshiping, so I'm curious: What types of compatibility issues do you think are important?
    Lack of chemistry is a bullshit phrase people use when they don't want to talk about it. Were you not totally into her because of her looks and she could tell? Was one of you too uptight? Did you not focus on enjoying the conversation and learning more about her? Did she have differing expectations of how you'd be in real life?

Are you actually not a very good date? I don't know, but it's a skill like any other that you can work on.
    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    sheesh humans! for realz

MBTI
    intP

Quote Originally Posted by A Schnitzel View Post
    Lack of chemistry is a bullshit phrase people use when they don't want to talk about it. Were you not totally into her because of her looks and she could tell? Was one of you too uptight? Did you not focus on enjoying the conversation and learning more about her? Did she have differing expectations of how you'd be in real life?

Are you actually not a very good date? I don't know, but it's a skill like any other that you can work on.
    A solid list of strategic date objectives. I am trying to develop that skill. I disagree that lack of chemistry is a bs excuse though, its not as if we'd be in love if I had asked one more question about her. The purpose of those objectives is to get to that flow state where y'all are going back and forth until you get kicked out still wanting more. If you can't cant get there and can't forsee getting there after several hours, a lack of chemistry is a valid conclusion.

INA, what did I say to make you think I'm a non-intp twit?