User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who's more close-minded: INTJs or ENTJs?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • ENTJs?

17 56.67%
  • INTJs?

13 43.33%
First 34567 Last

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    They're great dogs when properly socialized. Just like any dog breed..
    Being a dog lover and owner for my entire life, I can say this, the above you stated is absolutely true, however, each dog is sooooo unique, and, and, each dog has its own level of intelligence, i.e, some dogs are smarter than others.

You can't socialize that.

Question:

Do you think that there is a genetic component to intelligence?

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    Being a dog lover and owner for my entire life, I can say this, the above you stated is absolutely true, however, each dog is sooooo unique, and, and, each dog has its own level of intelligence, i.e, some dogs are smarter than others.

You can't socialize that.

Question:

Do you think that there is a genetic component to intelligence?

Yes, sort of. Studies have shown that the heritability of g is somewhere between 0.6 and 0.8, meaning that genetics explain 60-80% of one's performance on intelligence assessments. If the standard of intelligence is performance on these assessments, then there can be no doubt that it is genetically causative of 60-80% of variation in this trait.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I'd like to put in my take on the subject. Naturally there are those who will read this thread that will discredit the whole notion that open-mindedness is more limited to one personality type to another. Why they discredit it is for a few possible reasons:

- Lack of knowledge of mbti and the functions.
    - Do not want to highlight a more natural negative trait of one type over another.
    - Do not want to accept that mbti can explain any negatives of a person's personality.
    - Perceiving the thread towards the real life individuals.

It is likely a more different outcome of replies would be shown were this to highlight a more positive trait rather than negative.
    You can make a thread "Which type is more outgoing, ENFP or ENFJ?" or "Which type is more relaxed, ISTP or ENTP?" and you'll find the replies more speculative and thoughtful.

To look at these two types, INTJ and ENTJ, as which one tends to be more open-minded you'd have to look at the functions they both use. In which one is a je-dom and the other is pi-dom. Te and Ni to be more precise. It is likely that Te will cause someone to be more close-minded simply for the take of doing things the most efficiently and trying not to rethink it with other methods. It will take the hard facts and avoid any 'holes' trying to reach the goal. This is unlike Ni which will scan all possible outcomes of trying to get a result of an action and will be open to why any other method would be better than the initial chosen. There is of course more to the subject of the functions.

Looking at these functions it is more likely that an INTJ may naturally be more open-minded than an ENTJ. This of course does not mean that an ENTJ cannot be more open-minded than an INTJ or any other type for that matter. In this case it would be wrong if you see a person who seems to be an ENTJ and you see another person who seems to be an ENFP and automatically assume the ENFP is more open-minded.

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Pettycure View Post
    It's like asking "Who's more lazy, blacks or Mexicans?"

It's a stupid question based on stupid opinions of stupid people.

Also, it is stupid.
    LOL this post made me chuckle. I don't think Mexicans are known for being lazy. Isn't the stereotype that they are very hard working people?

But to answer the OP, I've never met a personality type more close-minded than ENTJ..in my experience they are ridiculously arrogant and shoot down any opposition to their views without full analysis, as if they can't go back and check their assumptions or something. And when they feel threatened they try to get personal. That's based on a small-ish sample though
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What is, is. Arthur Schopenhauer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Generalizations are a good thing, unless they are incorrect. If they are incorrect then they are useless and illogical. For instance, you could say that all (x) people love (xy) kinds of foods but the fact is, most certainly, that some (x) people might not like (xy) foods, and if this is true then your generalization is idiotic. Therefore, all generalizations are good at being idiotic, so they're a bad thing; they disregard the specifics.

See what I did there?
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

This will not end well...
    But it will at least be poetic, I suppose...

Hmm... But what if it does end well?
    Then I suppose it will be a different sort of poetry, a preferable sort...
    A sort I could become accustomed to...

ReflecTcelfeR

Generalizations are only as bad as the person making them. If someone is good at making assessments then their generalizations have a chance at success. I'm sure this is already implied within your statement though.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    To look at these two types, INTJ and ENTJ, as which one tends to be more open-minded you'd have to look at the functions they both use. In which one is a je-dom and the other is pi-dom. Te and Ni to be more precise. It is likely that Te will cause someone to be more close-minded simply for the take of doing things the most efficiently and trying not to rethink it with other methods. It will take the hard facts and avoid any 'holes' trying to reach the goal. This is unlike Ni which will scan all possible outcomes of trying to get a result of an action and will be open to why any other method would be better than the initial chosen. There is of course more to the subject of the functions.

Looking at these functions it is more likely that an INTJ may naturally be more open-minded than an ENTJ. This of course does not mean that an ENTJ cannot be more open-minded than an INTJ or any other type for that matter. In this case it would be wrong if you see a person who seems to be an ENTJ and you see another person who seems to be an ENFP and automatically assume the ENFP is more open-minded.
    These are all good points and are logical. I think though on average in most people's eyes though, the answer might be INTJ. INTJ will be perceived as less open minded because of Ni and introversion. INTJs can't be coerced or easily influenced. They are not demonstrative listeners naturally. The inner intuition driving their perspective is communicated to the world through Te. The ENTJ will appear to be engaging in much more of a dialogue with people and thus seem more open minded - even if in fact that is not the case.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

I personally thought it was pretty inaccurate to say Te, particularly dom Te, would be close-minded to try and complete its goal without thinking of other options.

Te wants to accomplish an imperative, and will be open to whatever means best lead to that objective.

That's actually a significant aspect of NTJ-style open-mindedness that often seems to be overlooked.

Particularly by Ps.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Pettycure View Post
    It's like asking "Who's more lazy, blacks or Mexicans?"
    Black Mexicans.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I personally thought it was pretty inaccurate to say Te, particularly dom Te, would be close-minded to try and complete its goal without thinking of other options.

Te wants to accomplish an imperative, and will be open to whatever means best lead to that objective.

That's actually a significant aspect of NTJ-style open-mindedness that often seems to be overlooked.

Particularly by Ps.
    I'd agree with that.