• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Who's more close-minded: NTJs or NTPS?

Who's more close-minded?

• Total voters

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
This thread is in celebration of the soon-to-be-revival of one simulated world...

Discuss amongst yourselves...

(And vote, people)

Last edited:

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Do you even know what that means?

My recollection of you is that a month ago you were a total noob who knew nothing about typology.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't see how that can be determined by type alone, that's more of just individual ignorance imo.

But I'd like to see what you have to say about it, and why.

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
What does type have to do with such a loosely defined term such as "closeminded"?

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I wanted for vote for STJ but that wasn't an option. :thumbdown:

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This benadryl works faster than I thought...I voted NTPs when I meant NTJs....*sigh*

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Do you even know what that means?

My recollection of you is that a month ago you were a total noob who knew nothing about typology.

I do in fact know what that means. It's been about two months now. Fi, representing personal values is the third function that INTJ's use and because it is not a regularly used function it can become misguided quite easily and if in the thinking process your personal values cannot find anything flawed within themself it can become stubborn and set in it's ways. Thus making them more closed minded than an Intp, a type that has no 'Fi' which technically means they have no 'set' core values which they follow, thus making them more fluid and adaptable. Close? Oh, and not to mention the misguided placement of Fi, with the powerful subjectivity that it holds.

Qre:us

What does type have to do with such a loosely defined term such as "closeminded"?

You, sir, suck at flaming the NTP vs. NTJ war. Asking such logical questions. :dont:

It's a welcome back present for simulatedworld, so make the arguments fly. :2ar15:

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
stupid question, the one who judges the external world more readily, instead of trying to understand the big picture before making the judgment of course..

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Discuss amongst yourselves...

I'd also ask the question, in what context? :newwink:

IMO, it depends on what's at stake: Te or Ti. NTJs can be inflexible regarding the external results (i.e -- what "should" occur), but open-minded about the internal processes necessary to arrive there. Conversely, NTPs are flexible on the results, yet steady-fast on what is considered the "truth".

So an NTJ's "close-mindedness" works in the opposite direction of an NTP's. You'll rarely see a bunch of NTJ's arguing excessively about which system is the most logical, rather than the one that "works" and keeps the environment orderly. Switch the tables around, and NTP's are more prone to being meticulous about logical precision. Both types aim to make sense, but in a way the other individual doesn't value, or recognize.

stupid question, the one who judges the external world more readily, instead of trying to understand the big picture before making the judgment of course..

Ah, we change our initial judgment about the external world as soon as the circumstances show us otherwise. We shoot for approximations, and base our decisions upon them, which may eventually lead us to the final judgment. For some, waiting all day for the "right" choice takes up too much time. Many prefer to experiment and fix them as they go.

This thread is in celebration of the soon-to-be-revival of one simulated world...

Here's a gem from SimulatedWorld:

"So INP is flexible now, stubborn later; INJ is the other way around." - SW

In the end, it's a matter of when you want to see how stubborn someone can really be. ;)