User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who's more close-minded?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • NTJs?

    73 83.91%
  • NTPs?

    14 16.09%
First 7151617

Results 161 to 165 of 165

  1. #161
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post
    maybe we are saying the same thing. What you are saying makes sense... however...



    And it has been mentioned before that Ni is like Si, also logical and structured based, like building a road map into the future.
    Yes, with focus on itself, not the logic. Logic is just used as supporting evidence, nothing more. Reminds me of this

    Screenshot_2014-10-21-20-29-37.jpg

    Ni/Si is what they are, logic is what they see
    Im out, its been fun

  2. #162
    Senior Member anticlimatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    This is generally true. The resistance on the part of INTJs that people seem to be describing comes from the fact that getting us to change our minds requires sound evidence and/or reasoning, something that seems beyond the capability or at least the intentions of many folks.
    I hear this a lot from INTJs as part of their justification rhetoric as to why they are such perfect processors of logic and reason. Unfortunately for them (but more unfortunately for those of us that have to deal with them), it doesn't pertain to anything the INTJ has made a tert-Fi value judgement on, which is pretty much anything involving them, their lifestyle, and their immediate environment. Only abstract concepts that they have no personal attachment to might be susceptible to change in the face of sound data and reasoning, a demographic of thought with a very thin margin.

    I find them to be the least rational of the rationals; a disguise of thoughtful meticulousness that is actually just rampant paranoia hidden by clenched fists.
    Last edited by anticlimatic; 10-26-2014 at 01:49 AM. Reason: typo

  3. #163
    The Typing Tabby grey_beard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    This is generally true. The resistance on the part of INTJs that people seem to be describing comes from the fact that getting us to change our minds requires sound evidence and/or reasoning, something that seems beyond the capability or at least the intentions of many folks. I at least will not abandon my position just because you ask me to, or tell me I should, or tell me it's wrong. You need to show me what is wrong with it. Then I will either agree outright, or tell you I need to think about it some more, which I will then do.
    (Thunderous applause.)

    Exactly. You can't get an INTJ to change their mind merely by saying "You're wrong" or (even worse) "Here's what the crowd believes."
    In fact, the INTJ "close-mindedness" is a defense against idiocy: their survival filters, as it were.

    The best way to get the INTJ to perk up and listen is to say: "Here's some additional relevant information. What conclusions can you draw?"
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

    Please comment on my johari / nohari pages.

  4. #164
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anticlimatic View Post
    I hear this a lot from INTJs as part of their justification rhetoric as to why they are such perfect processors of logic and reason. Unfortunately for them (but more unfortunately for those of us that have to deal with them), it doesn't pertain to anything the INTJ has made a tert-Fi value judgement on, which is pretty much anything involving them, their lifestyle, and there immediate environment. Only abstract concepts that they have no personal attachment to might be susceptible to change in the face of sound data and reasoning, a demographic of thought with a very thin margin.

    I find them to be the least rational of the rationals; a disguise of thoughtful meticulousness that is actually just rampant paranoia hidden by clenched fists.
    Then you have had the misfortune to associate with some semi-functional INTJs. Fi value judgments do lie at the root of actual decisions, since it is usually our values that tell us what is important to us and what our priorities are. Logic and facts are important tools in getting us to those goals though. An INTJ who ignores input from others that reveals flaws in his/her methodology or shows a better way to accomplish something is not clinging blindly to Fi values, but rather betraying them.

    Also, do not underestimate the significance to an INTJ of those "abstract concepts without personal attachment". You might be surprised how much the results of such discussions can feed in to some rather practical decisions. The other person in the conversation just won't know about it, though, since it provides just one piece of a much larger puzzle that is otherwise out of view.

    Quote Originally Posted by grey_beard View Post
    Exactly. You can't get an INTJ to change their mind merely by saying "You're wrong" or (even worse) "Here's what the crowd believes."
    In fact, the INTJ "close-mindedness" is a defense against idiocy: their survival filters, as it were.
    That old adage of being able to entertain an idea without accepting it comes to mind.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

  5. #165
    Senior Member anticlimatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Then you have had the misfortune to associate with some semi-functional INTJs.
    Semi-functional is exactly how I would describe 95% of the INTJs I've known, yes.

Similar Threads

  1. Who Is More the Buffoon: Obama or Bush II?
    By Mal12345 in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-01-2014, 12:42 PM
  2. [NT] Who's more close-minded: INTJs or ENTJs?
    By Zarathustra in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 08-08-2010, 01:07 PM
  3. Who's more close-minded: me or you?
    By VagrantFarce in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-01-2010, 08:55 PM
  4. [NT] Who's more close-minded: INTPs or ENTPs?
    By Zarathustra in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-01-2010, 01:58 PM
  5. Who're more manipulative? Gay Squirrels or Jewish Monkeys
    By Nonsensical in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-26-2009, 02:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO