User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who's more close-minded?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • NTJs?

73 83.91%
  • NTPs?

14 16.09%
First 41213141516 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Any advice on how to nudge an INTP out of this state?
    It depends on the underlying psychiatric problem. Social anxiety may be a factor, and so the individual may seek treatment for that; but there may be no symptoms whatsoever. Some eccentrics are satisfied being the way they are and see no problem that needs to be solved, because they don't feel particularly lonely or anxious.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6.

INTJs have a hard time admitting they are wrong.
    Generally, INTPs can relent, although quite stand-offishly, and accept that they are incorrect on something.

So If you are using closed-minded as a synonym for unwilling to accept other ideas than ones they view as correct, definitely INTJs.
    At least in my experience.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Conduit View Post
    It's ridiculous how many voted for NTJs. I've met so many people who were probably NTPs (several at this very forum) and were themselves incredibly immature and closed-minded to others' opinions or arguments, so it really depends on the individual.
    Sure there are close minded people of each type and whether or not people reject the information before really looking into it and judging it as it is depends on the issue and the persons past experiences(which dictate his reactions to it). And the idea of the topic is not to figure out which one is the close minded one and which is not..

But the thing is that NTJs are more prone to trying to judge things before they even fully grasp it or gather enough information about it to make any proper judgments on it. This leads to information not getting pass the filters and can cause closed mindedness. NTPs on the other hand are more perceptive for what is being said, but if it doesent sound right to Ti, it gets labeled as bullshit. So in order to convince an NTP about something true, you just need to make a proper argument for it, but to convince an NTJ about something that they dont see as true is next to impossible.

But if you take a religious fanatic of any type and try to convince him of his religion being wrong and total crap, you are being met with close mindedness. And if you take a weight on your hand and try to convince any type that it will fall if you let go and demonstrate it many times, only a fool wouldnt believe it..
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Senior Member RedAmazoneFriendZone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

I'm very happy to read interesting responses, more than trying to give sense to my last night dreams (that I don't remember anyway).

Moreover as you all speak of INTP/INTJ and not ENTP/ENTJ, I don't feel concerned

Mal12345 thanks for your very clear answer about functions for NTP.

On this point I wonder if INTP and ENTP are quite similar in some ways.

I'm not an MBTI genius, and understand more enneagramm concepts today(I've been to many courses and conferences).

Those functions stuffs are a bit hazy to me sometimes. I always have to check the meaning and read again.

"Any advice on how to nudge an INTP out of this state?"

I have no idea. I would say go out with a book outside in a very quiet place,
    and trying to keep your head out of your so exciting subjects step by step.

Realising that fresh air is sometimes more healthy than constant researches and intellect stimulation.

It can work for me. And even if considered as an ENTP I seem to become less and less extrovert.
    So, why could this not work for intp as well ?
    ALL THAT WE SEE OR SEEM TO BE IS BUT A DREAM WITHIN A DREAM

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

More closed-minded is one who is more scared. Doesnt relate to types.
    Last edited by hacbad macbar; 09-11-2014 at 06:54 AM.
    Likes labyrinthine, Jaguar liked this post

MBTI
    INTP

Ti is pretty damn closed, but so is Fi. Not sure which of these functions best pertains to the 'mind,' so I'll go out on a limb and say that the question is just balls to begin with (as though half the people in this thread haven't said pretty much the exact same thing).

I will say that overall, in most practical matters and practices, that NTJs have significantly less interests and hobbies compared to NTPs-- though they make up for it by just being really obsessed with the few they do have. NTJs are much less interested in trying new things than NTPs, and this is typically the measure that I gauge practical 'closed mindedness.' So my vote goes to the NTJs.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    intp

Um... ok I'm kinda new here and I don't quite know enough about mbti types to be considered anything above average knowledge.... but I voted ntj as they are ,according to profile, quicker to make desicions. If they are quicker to make predictions ,perhaps they haven't considered all options naturally making them more closed minded. I am an intp so perhaps my objectivity is compromised by the fact I want my type to be considered open minded. I will repost after I have studied up

literally your mother PocketFullOf's Avatar
    MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    pot

This is not even a competition...

Taking a concept to it's logical end is rarely logical or relevant to the subject at hand.
    Johari Nohari
    7w6-3w2-1w9 / sCUA|I| / SER SEI
    Neutral Good
    bagfullofclocks | type me if you can

Find the people who repeatedly post the following:

"You're definitely not type blah, blah, blah, blah" or "You're definitely type blah, blah, blah, blah" and perhaps a pattern will emerge. The use of the word "definitely" is a hint. Having said that, just because one person engages in that behavior doesn't mean it makes sense to generalize about the entire group based on those individuals.

On a side note: The logical spelling is closed-minded, not close-minded. But both are used. (Much to my chagrin.)

Any type can be close-minded, but this is usually a judger thing. Close-mindedness goes against what a perceiver is.