User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: iNtP...?

Rats off to ya! Array Mort Belfry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    I don't understand their aversion to being analyzed.

That's because we don't like being the subjects. We like to be the observers not the observed.

It reminds us that we're just the lowly humans like everyone else, not the impartial panel we like to think of ourselves as. I know that when I think, usually about global issues, that I imagine it from the point of view of an alien who has no interaction with the planet. We have trouble thinking of ourselves as part of the multitude. We're never in the crowd, the crowd is around us.

It is arrogance, and there really is no excuse we can give for it.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcearos View Post
    I have tried to figure out one persons MBTI type for some time now. He doesn't like me to analyze him type but I try it anyway. (I know him very well so he really doesn't hate me for trying to do that.)

This person has agreed that he is extremely strong N and very strong P. So I was thinking up a theory of him. Let's say he is iNtP. In function test Ne is his best used function. So, could it be that his iNtP causes that even if he is introvert, his Ne is so strong that it overpowers Ti. So he is very much like ENTP's except he is quite reflective.

How does this sound? Have you experience with iNtP's? How do they seem?
    Any thoughts?
    Well remember, it's just a test. He could be some totally different type for all you know. Any number of confusing results can come out of that test, because people almost never answer the function questions like they're supposed to. They answer yes to shadow functions because the filter/interpret the description through thier dominant or auxiliary process. Some older people will score high on thier sixth function. Many also have almost equal scores between dominant and opposing functions, because the dominant sees it as 'the same thing'.
    Now, with the possibility that he's an ENTP: in this culture that we live in that expects one-sidedness, you'd expect every 'extrovert' to be some kind of diva. But we know that extroverts can also be shy.