User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

As proven by this thread's title, at least you guys have no issues with modesty.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    As proven by this thread's title, at least you guys have no issues with modesty.
    Which brings up another issue: people often cannot understand our sarcastic, self-mockery, and confuse it for arrogance.

That's the punchline - does the audience buy it? (it helps weed out which audience would be boring and/or too clueless to interact with, in the long run)

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Cool dooode...

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    If we don't promote ourselves, who will? The INTPs?
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

You summed up my problems well.

Here's one of my half blessings, half curses:
    Ne Inconsitency

This works well for creative tasks, troubleshooting, and "researching," but it kills me in social situations as I'll seem like a completely different person on different occasions and days. I tend to cycle around, say, five different "types" of Ne, usually determined by which I had just finished with. I wouldn't notice this if I never talked to certain people. For example, I may meet a group of people for the first time and they think I'm really clever, then another time seeing them I act very awkward and unaware of what's going on; for the third time seeing these people I'm back to clever, but maybe not the sort of humor I first approached them with. Finally, I'll see them again and be back to how I was the first time I met them.

Again, this is natural and awesome when it comes to tasks that don't involve social situations, and it may be solved by simply remembering the "type" of intuition I use with different people and flip the switches in my head to have a consistent behavior with them before they get weirded out. Also, I'd say people have also caught me in "the funk" as well, which I seem slow inattentive and uninterested in what's going on; this usually doesn't interest people.
    "Poor bastard. Wait 'till he sees the bats. "
    enneagram - 7/5/3

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    3. Ready. Fire. Aim.
    why does this progression seem so familiar

fucking EN_P

It is hard...even being an ENTJ...lol. My four main interests are computer
    science, foreign languages, study of classic literature, and music/drama. I
    am a mix of sociable and spontaneous, and pensive/nostalgic as if always
    thinking all the time. I decided to focus on computer science and languages
    as a career after some recent chains of events.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    1. Procrastination

2. Detesting ROUTINE

3. FUNK != FUN
    There with you 100% on those ones.

5. Life Tarries not with yesterday

I have to make a conscious effort to self-reflect and focus on the past. While doing so, it feels quite frustrating because I get a feeling of brain-itch like it's annoying to look back, and it gets boring really, really fast, such that my concentration flies away. If a lesson is to be learned from something, I usually learn it when the magnitude of the consequence hits me, and after that, I don't really see a point of revisiting old memories as it seems like a revisionist's task, which fudges accuracy. And, at the end of the day, you can't do shit while wasting time thinking of "what could have been" [<- I find such thoughts quite annoying]. What it boils down to is, Either I did it, or I didn't, there's no "almost doing it".....move the fuck on already.
    I'm not entirely on par with that one though. It depends on how important it is to revise old memories, it's not uncommon for me, especially the younger me, to miss some the lessons to come out of a situation so I will self-reflect and return to get that information. Self-reflection is a big part of my thoughts.

That said I do live in the future most of the time, and I don't have a desire to hold onto old memories so generally don't try.

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    3. Ready. Fire. Aim.
    Indeed!

Which brings up another issue: people often cannot understand our sarcastic, self-mockery, and confuse it for arrogance.
    True dat.

ETA: Actually that assumption of arrogance or conceit annoys me quite a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    I'm not entirely on par with that one though. It depends on how important it is to revise old memories, it's not uncommon for me, especially the younger me, to miss some the lessons to come out of a situation so I will self-reflect and return to get that information. Self-reflection is a big part of my thoughts.

That said I do live in the future most of the time, and I don't have a desire to hold onto old memories so generally don't try.
    With age, it has become more effortless, but I have had to consciously make myself self-reflect. Otherwise, visiting the past/self-reflection, inevitably took on the form of brooding (like the "funk" I alluded to previously).

I self-reflect in other ways, but those have a more detached quality to them. For example, I often will go back to stuff that I've recently experienced and question why I did the actions I did, why the other players did what they did, etc.

Which reminds me of another issue I have:

I am still trying to consciously work on figuring out how I can "self-reflect" about what I want. I have a hard time assigning any kind of "want" in long term ways. It's always context-dependent. Hard to explain, but, I can't know what I truly would want unless the situation happens! I can't play with the concept of "want" at a theoretical level. Weird. So yeah, I've been trying to work on figuring that out - which I believe will help me with seeing some long-term goals, and working towards their fruition.

*sigh*

All I really want is the freedom to not really want for anything, so I am freed up to just experience. Just be. Just search, find, wonder, and see what's around the next bend. Beyond that, really, what is "want"?

I'm ambivalent about whether I want a long-term relationship, whether I want marriage, whether I may want kids, what exactly I see of my career path 10-20 years down the line, where I see myself settling, what kind of lifestyle I see for myself, etc, etc.....all so hazy when I try to answer.

ETA: Actually that assumption of arrogance or conceit annoys me quite a lot.
    YES! One character trait that really, really, really bothers the fuck out of me, is arrogance/pretentiousness. :steam:

If ever I am arrogant, it's because I'm consciously putting on that act - usually to make a point to someone who has annoyed me for some reason that I'd likely classify under "douchebag" or "righteous ignoramous".

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

I struggle to determine long term goals because I can see it as limiting options by making a decision, there are too many variables for that, what does work for me however is visualising where I want to be and how I want to feel about it. Literally looking at images to get a frame on the feeling I want can help.

Like with my job for example, it's not the specific position, or specific company, it's the things that go with it. I know I want freedom, flexibility, responsibility, leadership opportunity and so on. Getting a grasp on things like that, and knowing the kind of satisfaction I want from a job can give me enough to know my end goal, then comes the fun of finding something that fits it.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

I am still trying to consciously work on figuring out how I can "self-reflect" about what I want. I have a hard time assigning any kind of "want" in long term ways. It's always context-dependent. Hard to explain, but, I can't know what I truly would want unless the situation happens! I can't play with the concept of "want" at a theoretical level. Weird. So yeah, I've been trying to work on figuring that out - which I believe will help me with seeing some long-term goals, and working towards their fruition.
    This is THE issue for me as well. I just don't know what I want from life. It seems like every possibility is viable and interesting. So I just cruise through life letting things happen as they happen and steering away from events if they don't look pleasent. But it's all very uncoordinated.
    When I get sad I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Video Challenge Question Video
    Race: Werepire
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    7w8 sx>so>sp
    Give me an E! E
    Give me a N! N
    Give me a T! T
    Give me a P! P
    What's that? Yeah right, that's me!

Always expect the unexpected! - Terry Pratchett