User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I will leave you with a comment from someone who works with Typing, for a living:
    "Keep in mind that, ethically, one never tells a client what their type is—it's not even a good idea to suggest a type for them."
    -Vicky Jo Varner
    its totally different thing if you are just typing for fun or if you are typing some patient of yours. it doesent really matter if you assume things and type wrong when you just do it for fun, but if you are shrink for example and type your patient wrong, it would be pretty bad thing. Suggesting type is bad idea because if a pro suggests a type then the client might start looking for things that support this type in himself instead looking at different types from objective point of view.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    its totally different thing if you are just typing for fun or if you are typing some patient of yours. it doesent really matter if you assume things and type wrong when you just do it for fun, but if you are shrink for example and type your patient wrong, it would be pretty bad thing. Suggesting type is bad idea because if a pro suggests a type then the client might start looking for things that support this type in himself instead looking at different types from objective point of view.
    There's nothing "fun" about assuming the wrong things about people. In the real world there are consequences for it.
    Just because we aren't Carl Jung's patients, doesn't meaning labeling a person with any type you please, is ethical. It's not.
    That's why the only person who can type you . . . is you.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    INTj

If you're an N and you know the person really well, I think N/S is the "easiest" to figure out. Other than that, I think it's really hard, even if you know the person well.
    Last edited by ez78705; 07-28-2010 at 09:54 PM.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

There's nothing "fun" about assuming the wrong things about people. In the real world there are consequences for it.
    Just because we aren't Carl Jung's patients, doesn't meaning labeling a person with any type you please, is ethical. It's not.
    That's why the only person who can type you . . . is you.
    its fun unless you think those things are absolute truths and act strictly by your assumptions..

You know, you can assume a possible type for someone and then look for fun how the person fits(or doesent fit) in this assumed type, its pretty fun especially when you notice(like 95% of times) that the person actually seems to fit more on that assumed type more you get to know him.

You happen to be an TJ? Or are you an ENTP ranting thru your Fe?
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    its fun unless you think those things are absolute truths and act strictly by your assumptions..

You know, you can assume a possible type for someone and then look for fun how the person fits(or doesent fit) in this assumed type, its pretty fun especially when you notice(like 95% of times) that the person actually seems to fit more on that assumed type more you get to know him.

You happen to be an TJ? Or are you an ENTP ranting thru your Fe?
    Call me crazy, but, aren't you the character who posted a rant about your alleged INFP best friend, calling his way of thinking "fucking retarded," then added insult to injury by complaining about his eating habits? For all you know, I might be an INFP who eats a lot of food. For someone like yourself who claims it's "fun," you sure used your friend's alleged type as a weapon against him. That doesn't look like fun, to me.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Call me crazy, but, aren't you the character who posted a rant about your alleged INFP best friend, calling his way of thinking "fucking retarded," then added insult to injury by complaining about his eating habits? For all you know, I might be an INFP who eats a lot of food. For someone like yourself who claims it's "fun," you sure used your friend's alleged type as a weapon against him. That doesn't look like fun, to me.
    i was really pissed off and even he recognizes that hes eating habits are unhealthy. how did i use his type against him? and why are you bringing this up?
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ENTP

I can usually get it down to a certain couple or three types but can never really be sure for certain, even when tested, due to the fact that people tend to put down traits that they want to have along with traits that they actually have, causing problems. Therefore, the only way I definitively determine a type would be if a best friend was sitting there taking the test with the person correcting him in the mistakes in places that he wishes to have. Of course, this can have its faults too.
    If you were to shoot a mime, would you use a silencer?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

bad jaguar dodges questions
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by ez78705 View Post
    If you're an N and you know the person really well, I think N/S is the "easiest" to figure out. Other than that, I think it's really hard, even if you know the person well.
    1. No, N/S isn't the easiest to figure out. S/J is, since they pretty much determine order of functions.

2. I find it easier to figure out someone's type by knowing them very well, but that's just me.

MBTI
    intP

its unavoidable to form a first opinion of other people and then refine your understanding of them as you get to know them better.

Jaguar, you seem to think the mbti is a poor or perhaps unethical mechanism for organizing your observations of others. Could you explain your thinking?

I ask because mbti seems to me a natural way of organizing and understanding people and im interested in the ethical implications you see.