User Tag List

First 12

Senior Member InsatiableCuriosity's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Nescio's joke. Entropie approved of it.

And you all know how good a joke is when Entropie approves.
    Thank you - must be the pain meds I didn't notice the link in Nescio's post. Apologies to Nescio and thanks FluffyWolf for pointing it out!
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

"Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown

MBTI
    SEXY

Here's a tip you can use to make your computer mouse work more comfortable.

(removed)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    Here's a tip you can use to make your computer mouse work more comfortable.

Thanks for reminding me Shimmy

I have one but to date have used it very little - something about 26 years of fine tuning my vector skills using the mouse has both contributed to the problem and made me much too comfortable I think!! So much so that I didn't even consider this as an alternative - but you are right and it may very well help!
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

"Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sx
    Socionics
    wtf

Quote Originally Posted by InsatiableCuriosity View Post
    I think the "nothing is impossible" we try to apply to ourselves is always forgetting that we are flesh and blood and that the will does not necessarily match the body's limitations.
    I used to have big arguments with my INTJ ex over this sentiment. I didn't like "accepting limitations" - I accepted failures, but never in absolute terms. "Where there's a will, there's a way" has always resonated with me. (He was frustrated that I wouldn't "accept" that I would never run faster than him).

A few years back I injured my back and had my first experience of my body "saying no". I tried to get out of a chair, in the usual way, and found that certain muscles simply weren't responding! Some might have said "ok this is serious let's go to the doctor" - not me. I kept trying until I wrenched my back even worse, and the whole time I was FURIOUS that my body could (how dare it!) refuse the electrical impulses being sent out by my mind. Totally crazy, I know.

As to dealing with it... I'm not sure I'm much help. The main thing is to prioritize. I find my impulsive nature makes me sometimes focus overly much on the things that aren't on the top of my real priority list - but if I really check often on what I am doing and why, I can be more productive toweards goals.

The other thing I think an INTP should be good at is finding the silver lining. Maybe this is your body saying no for some reason, and you need a break? Maybe now you can let some things go that you secretly wanted to. Take up hobbies that require active listening (learning a language, etc).
    I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
    - Umberto Eco

INTP e9 (sx/so/sp)
    Ti = Ne (41.3) > Si (31.2) ~ Ni (31.1) ~ Te (30.1) > Se (24.1) >> Fe (21) & Fi (20.1)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by hilo View Post
    I used to have big arguments with my INTJ ex over this sentiment. I didn't like "accepting limitations" - I accepted failures, but never in absolute terms. "Where there's a will, there's a way" has always resonated with me. (He was frustrated that I wouldn't "accept" that I would never run faster than him).

A few years back I injured my back and had my first experience of my body "saying no". I tried to get out of a chair, in the usual way, and found that certain muscles simply weren't responding! Some might have said "ok this is serious let's go to the doctor" - not me. I kept trying until I wrenched my back even worse, and the whole time I was FURIOUS that my body could (how dare it!) refuse the electrical impulses being sent out by my mind. Totally crazy, I know.

As to dealing with it... I'm not sure I'm much help. The main thing is to prioritize. I find my impulsive nature makes me sometimes focus overly much on the things that aren't on the top of my real priority list - but if I really check often on what I am doing and why, I can be more productive toweards goals.

The other thing I think an INTP should be good at is finding the silver lining. Maybe this is your body saying no for some reason, and you need a break? Maybe now you can let some things go that you secretly wanted to. Take up hobbies that require active listening (learning a language, etc).
    I identify with this post on so many levels!!!

Last time my body did this to me I rerouted my career path and was delighted in what it had become At the moment I am trying to teach my very clumsy left hand with the mouse. I have extremely fine motor skills with mouse and right hand for graphics so it is more than a bit frustrating. I don't think that my left hand will reach that sort of facility in a few months when it has taken 26 years to get where it is.

BUT c'est la vie! We deal with what life dishes and make the most of it - that is and has always been my way.

Now I am over the anger (not the frustration but I know exactly where you are coming from on this) there is a part of me that thinks maybe there is a next chapter that will be even better??? ..and the unknown has a bit of a lure to it.

I am tho, I hope, sensible enough to know I cannot continue with the levels of computing work I have been without doing permanent limiting damage, if not already done

Maybe this is a REALLY good excuse to explore the iPad and some apps I want to write
    — Richard P. Feynman

author unknown

MBTI
    intP

The body WILL heal IF you let it. Heal, rehab, and get in a prehab routine and get back to it. In the month or so while healing, read or do something you've been curious about.

It's a temporary setback..

I definitely understand the feeling, I'm about to go work out with stitches in my foot, and sprained wrist and neck.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    --- requested removal of private info ---
    I think that INTPs in particular struggle with this because we like to keep our minds well occupied. I am not me unless I am multitasking! My greatest fear is boredom!
    Last edited by Oaky; 10-18-2015 at 12:35 PM.
    — Richard P. Feynman

author unknown

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by suttree View Post
    The body WILL heal IF you let it. Heal, rehab, and get in a prehab routine and get back to it. In the month or so while healing, read or do something you've been curious about.

It's a temporary setback..

I definitely understand the feeling, I'm about to go work out with stitches in my foot, and sprained wrist and neck.
    I know it will but I am impatient in some things yet very, very patient when solving a problem. Quite the contradiction

Are you sure YOU should be working out??
    — Richard P. Feynman

author unknown