• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTP: What other type (if any) would you like to be?

annnie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Hey all

Curious for opinions on this as it's something I've wondered myself.

As an ENTP is there any other particular type you think you would prefer to be? (A type one letter different such as INTP, or other)

Or are you of the opnion that ENTP is the best type :smile: and wouldn't want to be anything else!

I encountered an ENFP co-worker a few months ago and since then felt a sense of connection, we are quite similar but with ENFP being a 'softer' version of myself, more in touch with nature and people etc.

INTP - used to think I was (but definitely E) but wouldn't like to be
ESTP - get on quite well with in general though I get annoyed by their lack of attention to the 'wider system', implications of stuff they do and general "bloke" ness (don't know many female ESTPs not sure what they would look like)
ENTJ - known a few and get on quite well with most of the time but I think the more 'dogmatic' approach is a bit hard to take, though admire the way they seem to be a more natural leader of people. (I have been in a leadership position and generally will be the person to 'take the lead' when no one else is, but wouldn't actively seek out to be a 'Manager' etc).

Any thoughts?

annnie

SinistralPal

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
ENTP are fucking ace.
If I were wanting to be anything else......maybe something with more feeling? I keep getting shit for my T basically. People, even other T's don't seem to like it. Maybe cuz I am female. I either come across as "not liking something" or "aloof" or whatever. But I don't really relate to ENFP...so maybe I would pick a J to balance the F out. So, maybe I would pick ENFJ if I were settling for something less badass.
I wouldn't mind being INTJ for a bit as well, cuz that's pretty sweet.
And for something completely different, I wouldn't mind trying out INFJ. Just to have mystical powers.
Hm, I am noticing a trend that my N is being held here with an iron grip. Don't want to let that go...

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
I've said this many times before - can't imagine being anyone but myself.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ENTJ or ESTJ. Or ESTP, for the lady-slaying sex drugs rock and roll FOXINESS. I definitely want to keep my E & T, but I don't want both N & P.

I'd have all the right tools in my arsenal to succeed. I love being an ENTP, but I'd trade it away any day if I could be one of those more-productive types.

And I don't mean productive for someone else. I mean for myself - not procrastinating or getting distracted. I would be able to have more focus, more commitment, more blah blah ok I'm bored now, so ciao!

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I'd have all the right tools in my arsenal to succeed. I love being an ENTP, but I'd trade it away any day if I could be one of those more-productive types.

And I don't mean productive for someone else. I mean for myself - not procrastinating or getting distracted. I would be able to have more focus, more commitment, more blah blah ok I'm bored now, so ciao!

Type =/= Will, Motivation, Focus, Productivity, etc.

StrawMan

MBTI Type
ENTP
I know a couple of ENTJs, and sometimes I think that it might be cool to be one of those creatures. I would probably be more productive and organized, and my thoughts would entertain me almost as much as they do now.

Or maybe ESTP.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'd preferably would like to be more F.
I just need to find meself some morals :D.
Other than that, I'm fine with who I am.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
If I were wanting to be anything else......maybe something with more feeling? I keep getting shit for my T basically. People, even other T's don't seem to like it. Maybe cuz I am female. I either come across as "not liking something" or "aloof" or whatever.

My reason for wanting to be an F as well.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I suppose I would enjoy a little more certainty in my world (less P-ness), but overall I think being an ENTP has more advantages than not. A tendency towards inventiveness is a very powerful tool. It just requires more of a balance between J and P.

proximo

ISFJ. The quietness, calmness, sincerity, steadfastness... I really admire the way they can operate, and I envy their practicality and determination. I've sought to cultivate these qualities in myself, and each time I think I'm doing well it only takes a word or two from an ISFJ, even just looking at them from afar, and I see I've miles and miles to go.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Type =/= Will, Motivation, Focus, Productivity, etc.

True, WMF&P etc. might not come with the J, but it tends to accompany it more often than not. It's like cereal & milk, not a pair of shoes.

How many SJs do you see bitching about their own laziness or punctuality issues, compared to the NFs.

LeslieFrancs

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
ESFP, because that's who I used to be before I started playing poker.

zoossii

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
5w4
Interesting how nobody (except one) would choose to be an Introverted type instead. Hmm.

Well, anywho, I like ENTPs -- maybe even as much as they like themselves. :D

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm almost an INTP, so changing my E into an I wouldn't change much. If I really had to change type for my life, I'd take that, because I don't want to change too much.
Wouldn't that be cheating, though?
For a real change, I'd go for ENFP. I want to keep my Ne. I also want to keep my Ti, but that would bring me back to cheating mode and get me an INTP or ENTP again.

I don't think ENTP is the best type, but it's the best type for me. Yeah, that's subjective, but as it's about my own character, I've got the right to be subjective even as a T.

LeslieFrancs

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Say what?

Yeah, poker made me more T than F because being F is just asking for distractions. Verbalizing your logic is a VERY good way to boost your T. There were times I even attempted to completely shut down my eF because it was getting in the way of my iT.

It made me more N than S because poker has no use for iS, what's my 5 senses have to do with a game of wits?

eN, on the other hand, can help me predict my opponents' reactions to my actions, by coming up with almost all the possibilities that the hand can play out, and my iT can sort through it and find the optimal line of play (in my opinion)

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
Interesting how nobody (except one) would choose to be an Introverted type instead. Hmm.

Well, anywho, I like ENTPs -- maybe even as much as they like themselves. :D

I like introverts. I'd like to be INTP INTJ for a day. It would be cool. : )

munwai

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
ESFP. love their vivacious nature and find them extremely attractive in an "let's go on an adventure!" type of way. I find I have the most fun when I'm with them.

INFJ. I briefly counseled and worked with clients in a healthcare environment and loved the peace of mind it gave me. Nurturing and caring for others is something that's close to my heart, and it was great to be in a line of work where everyone felt the same way. Perhaps in another life I could have been more like them.

I really do love being an ENTP though.