User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

This is the truth:

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    Yes it would have been fake sympathy, but that's just what socializing entails sometimes. In fact, he'd probably expect you to mildly and briefly display "fake sympathy" and then drop the subject and move on.

Time for yooou to dust off your old Fe, good sir.
    Anyone who missed that moral of the story, missed the point. Ti-Ne-Si are not enough to get you through life.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

FWIW, I'd much rather have a conversation with you and/or fluffy than yawn-about-my-lawn guy.
    You don't have to pretend to be interested in really boring shit. Especially when it's really boring. And shit.

The way I see it, all this thread proves is what is unlikeable about ENTPs. But you don't see them questioning themselves so much...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Arrogance, superiority complexes, general misanthropy...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Arrogance, superiority complexes, general misanthropy...
    It's a good start.
    Also, you guys talk too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Did I mention a general inability to pick up on social cues? Then again, I figured that was covered by the OP

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

FWIW, I'd much rather have a conversation with you and/or fluffy than yawn-about-my-lawn guy.
    You don't have to pretend to be interested in really boring shit. Especially when it's really boring. And shit.
    but he could have avoided the argument and the disliking which he apparently wants to. Just say "yes, haha", and the convo is over.

but thanks

The way I see it, all this thread proves is what is unlikeable about ENTPs. But you don't see them questioning themselves so much...
    Their psots in this thread are mostly indistinguishable from unhealthy intp's. which is quite funny because that is the target of their "advice" (which is really just an attempt to have an *argument* for the sake of it, which ironically is one of the very behaviours being criticised lololol haha).
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I love how everyone thinks they are "healthy" for their type. All those other people out there - (yeah them!) - they're the "unhealthy" ones.

We all have our hang-ups. To say otherwise is just silly. I'm a fully functional INTP. I get along fine in this world. But, like everyone else (whether they choose to admit it or not), I have things I'm still working on. Sometimes my disinterest in other people's minor problems causes me to come off like a jerk. I can see it on their faces. That is an area that sometimes causes a little bit of social trouble for me. And I have no problem pulling down the "I'm invincible and totally have life all figured out" curtain and talking about my issues. It is what it is. I have flaws that I'd like to improve on. And hopefully, that's one of the functions of this website, to talk to like-minded people (and people who are of different types as well) in order to improve and learn. That doesn't mean I'll suddenly start caring about the $5/month increase in water (as some people said, it's boring and fruitless), but it means I can do better when it comes to at least being a pleasant person to be around. I don't have to care about his $5/month increase, but if you asked the guy his opinion of me, it'd be cool if he said something like, "that INTP is a pretty decent guy" ---------> instead of, "that guy is a prick."

Because I was a prick in my conversation with the guy doesn't mean I have aspergers or that I'm "unhealthy" or even that I can't take a social cue. It just means I'm real. And that I have certain things I'm still working on.

I'm not even saying that anyone specifically said that I was unhealthy. It's just crazy how soon the word "unhealthy" starts popping up in these threads when someone didn't perform perfectly in some social situation. Who freaking does perform perfectly in every social situation? If you're xNTP, probably not you!

Uhhhh, anyone need help paying their water bill this month?
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    INTP

Eh, people are reacting far too strongly to the OP's story, IMO. Sure, we all have to play along and listen to people's boring stories. I end up doing that a LOT. I think it's okay to occasionally react truthfully to the fact that lawn guy is being a little ridiculous complaining about something that is ultimately not that big a deal. Sometimes people don't realize how they're coming across, and won't unless people react honestly to them (using humor helps). How come other people get to bore us, and we have to pretend they don't?
    Something Witty

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Eh, people are reacting far too strongly to the OP's story, IMO. Sure, we all have to play along and listen to people's boring stories. I end up doing that a LOT. I think it's okay to occasionally react truthfully to the fact that lawn guy is being a little ridiculous complaining about something that is ultimately not that big a deal. Sometimes people don't realize how they're coming across, and won't unless people react honestly to them (using humor helps). How come other people get to bore us, and we have to pretend they don't?
    Because socialization is far more important that personal entertainment.

He's not asking you to care about his water bill, he's asking you to empathize with the difficulties that his life poses, no matter how hard, because it's really damn hard going it alone. Just some reassurance that you're on his side. Now, once you're better friends, it would make sense to jokingly chide him for it.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post

He's not asking you to care about his water bill, he's asking you to empathize with the difficulties that his life poses
    Then maybe he should use an example that would actually be considered a genuine hardship. He looks like he's complaining about essentially nothing to me. Also, if this is some weird bid for sympathy, why is he making it to someone I assume he barely knows instead of broaching a topic that, you know, you can actually have a conversation about?
    Does he want a pillow for his head?