User Tag List

First 2101112

MBTI
    eNXP
    Enneagram
    7+4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    I suppose INTP's are masochistic. Though ironically enough I think it's to find an imperfection, that they don't REALLY believe exists.
    I think the problem adressed as masochistic is when someone says "I do this and I do that and there is no solution and I'm doomed to be miserable". Asking for help on the other hand, is rather a good thing. Finding a flaw and working on it implies you're willing to try to improve yourself. Actually making a post stating something like "In the name of personal development, lets collect all our issues and start solving them" conveys good spirit imo.

Ps. playing the devil's advocate is something I would expect (and have seen) in all XNXXs. N is supposed to be about making your own conclusions and when a conversation is one dimensional something starts to itch in me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    I wondered if it was spelled with an 'm' instead of an 'n' I just didn't feel like looking it up. I changed it. I mean INTP's enjoy pointing out flaws in themselves as either a means to fit in, or too have an excuse for why they are the way the are, giving themselves a certain validation, which to them makes them appear normal. There is something comforting about having an external locus of control. I suppose this also comes with a secret inferiority complex, so I may be projecting.
    About this: Sometimes admitting a flaw can be a great way to let people know that unconventional (negative) social behaviour is not to be taken personal. This is something I think every ENFP needs to do on more or less routine. I can't honestly tell if I feel some kind of inferiority complex when I say "I'm a classic fool, unpredictable, independent and not advisable to be put in charge of something very important" I mean, it's true and all the laughs others have given me about it have been enough to make me accept it while still working on it. It's the same thing with the sensotard threads, they point out quite hilarious examples of sensotardiousness as compared to the general population but are in no way self-pitying. In the same way, the cynism and misanthropy of NTs can be really amusing when expressed with sense in a non-harmful way.

I think it's only something very fundamental in humans that you will percieve the ways and capabilities of the majority as normative. It doesn't mean you have to put a value in things being normative however. I for one am very happy people come in different flavours.
    Ennea:7w8sx/so (?)
    Big5:SCUEI
    Extravert(33%) iNtuitive(50%) Feeling(25%) Perceiving(11)%

So apparently I might be epileptic. Thanks brain, keep malfunctioning. I didn't think it could be that bad seeing starfalls in bookshelves. I just thought I was psychotic.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    N/A

I find we are often mentally sadistic in that we don't have to lie to hurt people, we just point out the ugly truths and the blunt reallity. I think the reasons people don't like us can be explained on a type by type basis. For example, E's don't like us because we aren't into the whole "socializing" thing, F's don't like us for our lack of "heart", S's think we fantasize too much, and J's don't like our lathargic nature. Really the point here is we are unliked primarily because we don't want too be liked or are so used to being unliked that we get uncomfortable being liked. We push away our opposites usually more than they do us, e.g. we don't like E's because they seem fake to us when they get force themselves to get along with eachother, S's because they have no imagination or need for it, F's because their emotional reaction to everything seems overly dramatic, and J's because they can't get over schedule problems the way we can and that they seem too rigid for us. Just one of those reasons can toss some of us out of the picture for some people, but usually it's when those reasons start t mix together that we are really centriffically thrown from the revolving circle that is Society.
    "What's the worst that could happen?"
    "Would you like that list chronologically or alphabetically?"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by the killer potatoe View Post
    I find we are often mentally sadistic in that we don't have to lie to hurt people, we just point out the ugly truths and the blunt reallity.
    Sadism schmadism. It's called moral courage and intellectual integrity. (You gotta learn to spin, bro!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

ReflecTcelfeR

I hoped this thread wouldn't die I'm not done beating myself up even though it isn't my fault.

INTP 101: The truth is always beautiful no matter how ugly it seems.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    N/A

I'd say another thing to throw in there would be our talking out of our asses.

Ms. fay, good point.
    Last edited by the killer potatoe; 10-21-2010 at 05:13 PM. Reason: sleepy miss spellings
    "What's the worst that could happen?"
    "Would you like that list chronologically or alphabetically?"