User Tag List

First 123 Last

Senior Member InsatiableCuriosity's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    Why do people struggle so much to know whether they are an introvert or an extrovert? I would have thought it was the easiest thing to determine of all.
    I struggle with this because I am XNTP. I am almost equal on the I/E - under different circumstances I naturally draw upon opposing functions. My N/S dichotomy on my original testing is the only one that is very clear ie no sensing.

My quest for knowledge is not specifically or overtly directed towards self-improvement per se so much as the strong need to know more on topics that interest me.

I would rather call it self-directed learning - but only on topics in which I am interested, give relevance to my tasks, or have need to master for one reason or another.

I am a very fickle craftswoman tho - once I master a craft such as embroidery, heirloom crochet etc. I am no longer interested.
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

"Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    Self-improvement. Yup. Definitely unique to xNTPs.

Why do people struggle so much to know whether they are an introvert or an extrovert? I would have thought it was the easiest thing to determine of all.
    Perhaps because not all introverts shy away from social interaction, while all extroverts aren't party animals? It can be difficult to know whether your energy comes from without or within, particularly if one is depressed.

ReflecTcelfeR

I have come to except that Ne is just what I do. I think about connections and every possible, logical, way something comes out, but I can only figure out if something is logical after I have the thought and therefore my Ne takes first spot. I can see how it is possible to be extremely confused with your I/E (i.e. me, ha.), but the difference between being an Intp and Entp is only whether you think first, or have an idea first. This is of course the most basic sense of the meaning. If you can discern which you do. You don't simultaneously have a thought and think about that thought at the same time because until you have the idea technically you couldn't have been thinking about it because it didn't 'exist' yet.

MBTI
    INTP

Yeah, I am a one-woman self-improvement project. Always have been.
    Something Witty

ReflecTcelfeR

I admire that. It's a level of concentration that is hard for me to achieve at times.

MBTI
    ENTP

I strive for self improvement constantly but at many times I will be too lazy to improve myself in the ways that I do not like and instead use the time to procrastinate by improving myself in the ways that I do like to improve.
    If you were to shoot a mime, would you use a silencer?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w6

Yep. I also try to master things I am interested in, or at least gain proficiency. I am also just as apt to shelve that interest for something else. And in true INTP fashion, I am also prone to procrastination, thinking about ways to improve instead of doing them or making notes of things to research but getting too distracted to actually getting around to do the research.

I tend to be a harsh self-critic, though. I always seem to be berating myself for doing it wrong, being too stupid, wasting time, having to drop everything I've built up and start over, etc... Well if it's so easy then it isn't worth doing. :workout:

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I'm sure there are numerous NTPs into self-improvement.

Based on MBTI type descriptions and stereotypes, this is definitely a J tendency. If you compare each P profile with its corresponding J, you will see that the J description is more about "getting it done". The word "growth" is used in some of the J descriptions. Based on MBTI talk, self-improvement is not a defining feature of NTPs any more than other types, and it is correlated with certain other of the J types.

This doesn't mean that Ps are not into self-improvement, but the stereotypical areas they choose will tend to be less recognized, and they tend to have a larger number of areas of interest while the J focuses on just a few to gain mastery.

This is also an example of how basically any positive statement can be made and declared to relate to a specific type, and the there will be numerous people of that type who can relate. It might be worth an experiment of attempting random, general, positive correlations with any type and see what the responses look like.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

While I may not be any sort of NT, I can relate too. I care a lot about self-improvement in many areas of my life.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

donno about others, but if I look at the sucess, like something that you are very good at, a strong urge to build and create arises. It's great for motivation

actually... that's not self improvement is it?
    5 3 9