User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Default Not being able to tell if i'm an INTP or an ENTP

one test showed entp and another showed intp, and i believe i have characteristics of both E and I, how can i tell what i really am?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by INTPthinker View Post
    one test showed entp and another showed intp, and i believe i have characteristics of both E and I, how can i tell what i really am?
    Does the idea of locking yourself inside your residence for the next 2 weeks appeal to you? Or would you go crazy being stuck inside all the time?
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    Does the idea of locking yourself inside your residence for the next 2 weeks appeal to you? Or would you go crazy being stuck inside all the time?
    Not necessarily. I have huge bouts of self-induced solitary confinement...because I like it.

To OP:

- do you, generally, throw ideas out there, while it is still forming in your head, to flesh it out more, through say, dialogue with others [external input]? Or do you think through you ideas on your own, reaching a conclusion you're satisfied with, then release it to the world? INTPs also like to bounce ideas off others too, but, comparatively speaking, and ENTP woud do it, even before they've truly got a handle on the idea themselves, while an INTP would likely want some kind of a "hold" on the idea, before throwing it out there.

- does the "answer" come to you before you can even truly understand how and why the answer is what it is? And then you work on figuring out exactly what led to the answer? Or are you more likely to have the idea reveal itself through a thorough analysis? [leading with Ne versus leading with Ti]

* Ne-Ti [conclusion is first to be reached....then you work backwards] - it's more instinctual/gut.

~ I often can "see" patterns in things and people very quickly and "know" things, but ask me to explain how I reached it, I will be stumped unless I really sit down and think about how the "answer just popped up" in me. I'm like an audience to myself then, along with others, with all of us [myself included] seeing how I reached the conclusion that I initially did. Seeing the thought-process unfold, after the fact.

* Ti-Ne [first you work forwards...then you reach conclusion] - it's more rational

- is your thinking process more linear [sequential], with each node along the path painstakingly evaluated, and analyzed for its logical relevance before moving on to the next? And do you not mind such "laborious" process of thinking?
    Or is it more web-like? And, if it is web-like, with many simultaneous nodes of relevance flashing inside you all at once, asking to be tackled, brought into a coherent WHOLE, does that irritate you, or stimulate you?

- when you process information, again, is it done rather quickly or with more time, to really think on the information [more depth]? Does it irritate you or excite you when more information are coming from every which angle while you are trying to process the current one? Jumping around a lot, or staying the course? ENTPs are idea jugglers, the more idea balls that's up in the air for us, the more excited we get. We thrive on such chaos, because it's a challenge to see if we can still keep juggling, if more balls are randomly, and unexpectedly thrown into the mix. The word unexpected makes me smirk.

- this may depend on the type of xNTP and your ease of use of Fe - but generally, an ENTP would be better at social networking/people-moving, working through social interactions, working people, than an INTP.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Not necessarily. I have huge bouts of self-induced solitary confinement...because I like it.

To OP:

- do you, generally, throw ideas out there, while it is still forming in your head, to flesh it out more, through say, dialogue with others [external input]? Or do you think through you ideas on your own, reaching a conclusion you're satisfied with, then release it to the world? INTPs also like to bounce ideas off others too, but, comparatively speaking, and ENTP woud do it, even before they've truly got a handle on the idea themselves, while an INTP would likely want some kind of a "hold" on the idea, before throwing it out there.

- does the "answer" come to you before you can even truly understand how and why the answer is what it is? And then you work on figuring out exactly what led to the answer? Or are you more likely to have the idea reveal itself through a thorough analysis? [leading with Ne versus leading with Ti]

* Ne-Ti [conclusion is first to be reached....then you work backwards] - it's more instinctual/gut.

~ I often can "see" patterns in things and people very quickly and "know" things, but ask me to explain how I reached it, I will be stumped unless I really sit down and think about how the "answer just popped up" in me. I'm like an audience to myself then, along with others, with all of us [myself included] seeing how I reached the conclusion that I initially did. Seeing the thought-process unfold, after the fact.

* Ti-Ne [first you work forwards...then you reach conclusion] - it's more rational

- is your thinking process more linear [sequential], with each node along the path painstakingly evaluated, and analyzed for its logical relevance before moving on to the next? And do you not mind such "laborious" process of thinking?
    Or is it more web-like? And, if it is web-like, with many simultaneous nodes of relevance flashing inside you all at once, asking to be tackled, brought into a coherent WHOLE, does that irritate you, or stimulate you?

- when you process information, again, is it done rather quickly or with more time, to really think on the information [more depth]? Does it irritate you or excite you when more information are coming from every which angle while you are trying to process the current one? Jumping around a lot, or staying the course? ENTPs are idea jugglers, the more idea balls that's up in the air for us, the more excited we get. We thrive on such chaos, because it's a challenge to see if we can still keep juggling, if more balls are randomly, and unexpectedly thrown into the mix. The word unexpected makes me smirk.

- this may depend on the type of xNTP and your ease of use of Fe - but generally, an ENTP would be better at social networking/people-moving, working through social interactions, working people, than an INTP.
    Excellent post. Thanks for smoothing up my own personal E/I doubts. I'm still an INTP, all right.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post

i picked out the stuff from your reply that sounds like me (above ^). I'm good at reading people and seeing patterns and get lots of hunches i guess. And i believe it's more web like while i try to get little pieces and piece everything together so i can reach a conclusion about my "hunch"

what does that mean?

ReflecTcelfeR

E.

MBTI
    ENTP

yeah i figuredd ahahaha :p

i guess i just always thought as being an I because i'm not as talkative as the rest of my family so i just feel introverted ahaha

but i just read discriptions on entps and the way they think is a lottt like me. I just dont talk as much ahahaha :p

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    In response to this, although I certainly can shut myself up inside my house for 2 weeks and never leave, it never appeals to me. I still need some sort of social interaction. I have the capability of extreme introversion, I'd just rather not use it.

MBTI
    ENTP

and my response to that same question is i would definitely go crazy! ahaha

it's hard for me to go even 2 days without at least getting out of the house and maybe going for a run or to visit family or something.

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    In response to this, although I certainly can shut myself up inside my house for 2 weeks and never leave, it never appeals to me. I still need some sort of social interaction. I have the capability of extreme introversion, I'd just rather not use it.
    Agreed times a million.