User Tag List

First 5678 Last

MBTI
    N>JI

An ENTP and an INTP are facing a furious pink mammoth in a corridor (energizing, isn't it ?).

ENTP - "It should not be possible"
    INTP - "I never thought it could be possible"

Am I wrong ?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by metasapiens View Post
    An ENTP and an INTP are facing a furious pink mammoth in a corridor.

Am I wrong ?
    I think the post you've made perfectly depicts INTP
    5 3 9

An ENTP and an INTP are facing a furious pink mammoth in a corridor (energizing, isn't it ?).

Am I wrong ?
    Or...Option #3: You're way too drunk.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Or...Option #3: You're way too drunk.
    that's pink elephants silly. Didn't Warner Bro.'s teach you anything?
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    ENTP

Am I wrong ?
    that doesn't clarify that much for me can you explain more please ahaha sorry

Quote Originally Posted by INTPthinker View Post
    I see what you're saying. Can you give me some examples of ways i could enjoy being stimulated externally other than people?
    Enjoy being stimulated by things. Or animals (not that way - but I love interacting with animals because I learn to interact without human language, and reading cues from their behaviours, for example). Anything that feeds extraverted intuition - anything in the external observable universe that provides me with something that's interesting or intriguing to think about, ponder, wonder how and/or why it works the way it does.

MBTI
    ENTP

Enjoy being stimulated by things. Or animals (not that way - but I love interacting with animals because I learn to interact without human language, and reading cues from their behaviours, for example). Anything that feeds extraverted intuition - anything in the external observable universe that provides me with something that's interesting or intriguing to think about, ponder, wonder how and/or why it works the way it does.
    yes, this is EXACTLY me

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by INTPthinker View Post
    yes, this is EXACTLY me
    And also me. Animals are the bomb. Canines for the win. Humans suck.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

This too is a simplified dichotomy that, as others in this thread have already pointed out, limits rather than answers the E/I question.

E/I is along a continuum; it is hard to distinguish where I ends and E categorization begins if one is not clearly near either of the extreme ends. Can you give a hard and fast rule for distinguishing this for those on either side of the middle? [free online tests are a joke]
    If it is a continuum, and I believe this to be the case, then X is a valid value. Problem solved.
    What is "more sensitive"? How will a person who is evaluating their type understand "more sensitive" - more compared to what? Whom?
    This wasn't offered to assist someone in determining their type. It was offered as an biological explanation for behavioural (stimuli-seeking) differences. I'm not going to dig into this further here as there are plenty of resources on the net and other threads on this site which you can research for yourself.
    No, it's not presented as a dichotomy, but rather each function is highlighted when it is leading. Otherwise, I wouldn't have referred to Ne-Ti or Ti-Ne. I.e., Ti feeding Ne or Ne feeding Ti.
    Ti does not feed Ne. A judging function does not "feed" a perceiving one. I really don't want to get into CF essentials. Especially as it is simply a theoretical model without scientific foundation. E/I, otoh, has been extensively researched and is a scientifically valid dimension of personality (outside of MBTI and its more speculative interpretations).

* I also don't know what Ne-dom INTPs mean (?) - from my interpretation, if one is introverted, which means that they lean towards gaining their energy internally, they cannot lead with a function that is external.
    Then one must reconcile the anomaly, for they do exist. I can think of many ways to do so, but it's a bit of a tangent.

It's not about enjoying being with people - this is a common error in understanding extraversion/introversion. E simply means you gain energy from external stimulation, while I means you gain energy from internal [self].
    Did you realize that you repeated my "simplified / limiting dichotomy" almost verbatim in the same post in which you attacked it?
    lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ----

is your belly button an in-y or an out-y?