• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTPs and Driving

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I know a few of those kind of drivers. I like driving with them. We get places.

redsox44344

MBTI Type
ENTP
I've gotten into two accidents but I feel if I try to focus on one thing too much while driving I forget something else thats actually important. And sometimes I will get distracted by other cars, curiosity getting the better of me there. I start wondering what everyone else's driving experience is like. But, of the two accidents, only one was my fault, and it was icy, so I would say I'm a decent driver. Of course, I have only had my license for about 7-8 months.

capricorn009

Lol! Watch the show Candy, Candy on youtube...the character Stear is a good
example of ENTP driving. Though the music they play when he's in his car is like
what the....fuck?

SinistralPal

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I can't remember if I answered this or not.

- Hit a parked flatbed trailer and dented the side panel all to hell when I was really tired late at night.
- Hit a mailbox backing out of a crowded driveway (again late at night)
- Cut a cop off when lost and talking on the phone
- Got pulled over for excess speeding and ticketed
- Got pulled over for Driving Under the Influence (had 0.00 alcohol in me)
- Got pulled over for excess speeding and ticketed in the states (I am Canadian) and ticketed
- Got pulled over AGAIN for excess speeding and ticketed which made me lose my licence for 4 months
- Spun out on the highway and crashed in a ditch (it was snowing)

People usually get tense when I drive.

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
I can't remember if I answered this or not.

- Hit a parked flatbed trailer and dented the side panel all to hell when I was really tired late at night.
- Hit a mailbox backing out of a crowded driveway (again late at night)
- Cut a cop off when lost and talking on the phone
- Got pulled over for excess speeding and ticketed
- Got pulled over for Driving Under the Influence (had 0.00 alcohol in me)
- Got pulled over for excess speeding and ticketed in the states (I am Canadian) and ticketed
- Got pulled over AGAIN for excess speeding and ticketed which made me lose my licence for 4 months
- Spun out on the highway and crashed in a ditch (it was snowing)

People usually get tense when I drive.

See the key is to know when to drive fast.

Nescio

MBTI Type
ENTP
I can't drive.
Can you?

I wrecked my car, and I know another ENTP who wrecked his car.

Are we the worst type of extraverted drivers?(I can't really talk about introverts because I know just a few) I think we are...the ENFP too I guess.

I'm just curious if there are other ENTPs who hate driving because they can't FOCUS.

I find the fact that I can't focus and the fact that I'm an ENTP to be coincidental.

I have issues with focus, but I have the inattentive form of ADHD.

I prone to zoning out and am a danger to society.

Hyperactive types seem to actually seem to have a better time with this: at least they're active. And if they're active, they're paying more attention.

proximo

do entps like to lane change a lot? even when it accomplishes nothing lol

No, in fact I often forget to change lane when I do need to...

My ENFP brother and I often go driving on racing tracks. We sometimes enter tournaments along with about 100 other drivers. Most of the drivers there are SP's, and 8 of the top 10 are ESTP's. The other two are an ENTP and an ISTP.

My brother and I usually come somewhere in the top 30, occasionally I've got as high as 12. But I don't really take it seriously, I only go about once a month. There are ESTP's there who go every week, sometimes more.

As for on-road driving, the only accident I ever had was when driving on a mountain lane in the Highlands of Scotland in a freak snow drift. I was driving at 20mph and taking plenty of care. The road was well gritted, but when I went round a corner I skidded on some black ice and went into a ditch. I don't think anyone not in a 4X4 or tractor would've been able to avoid that accident. I did manage to land in a shallow part of the ditch by controlling the skid - if we hadn't landed there, it'd have been a 400 ft drop down the mountain into a frozen loch.

My brother's actually a driving instructor. I passed the UK driving test first time, which almost nobody ever does.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Typical drive with my ENTP friend:

ENTP weaves in and out of traffic at high speeds.
ISTP buckles seat belt
ENTP response "Trust me. I know what I'm doing."
ISTP double checks seat belt fastener.

proximo

Typical drive with my ENTP friend:

ENTP weaves in and out of traffic at high speeds.
ISTP buckles seat belt
ENTP response "Trust me. I know what I'm doing."
ISTP double checks seat belt fastener.

That made me actualol, cos that's exactly what my ISTP is like with me :)

He's a nervous passenger though, he's known for it, he's like it with everyone. Every time you go round a corner he grips onto the handles and braces himself, even when you're driving totally sensibly and cautiously. I think he just doesn't like to trust his safety to other people. If he's in the driving seat, he's as wreckless as the next guy.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think he just doesn't like to trust his safety to other people. If he's in the driving seat, he's as wreckless as the next guy.

:laugh: True. But it's not reckless when we do it. It's called 'testing limits'

Another reason about my nervousness with ENTP driving is when he says things like "Trust me. I know what I'm doing" I'm not sure if he's trying to convince himself or me. :thelook:

SinistralPal

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
See the key is to know when to drive fast.

Yeah, I have found that I drive min of 120km/hr at all times regardless. When I got pulled over for excess speeding, all three times were around 3am when I was going over 140 km/hr when I was the only one on the road. Since losing my licence a few years ago, I learned to put cruise control on when I am driving really late at night, or on long stretches of highway when I am the only one there.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ENxPs' last function is Se. And I think driving is quite an Se activity. So if ENTPs are shitty drivers, which according to this thread doesn't really seem to be the case, that might be why.

It's a miracle that I'm still alive, in one piece and not paralyzed. My truck has a few minor bumps and scrapes, and one minor dent, but it's a miracle considering that I drive like a tweaking NASA racer fleeing a robbery. Stops the hearts of all my passengers.

I won't lie, I can be aggressive (but not stupidly reckless), and combined with the fact that I also drive a huge, red lifted Dodge Ram pick-up truck and I have a penchant for loudly blasting rock or opera with the windows down, I manage to get all the little rice rockets on the road out my way.

However, I know the limits, and like I said, I'm not stupidly reckless. I'm not going to go speeding on a narrow road on a cliff when it's raining.

I'm 20, so I only have about 5 years until this shit turns stupid (or more precisely, when acting stupid actually becomes stupid), so I'm taking advantage of my youth. :smile:

proximo

:laugh: True. But it's not reckless when we do it. It's called 'testing limits'

Another reason about my nervousness with ENTP driving is when he says things like "Trust me. I know what I'm doing" I'm not sure if he's trying to convince himself or me. :thelook:

Oh, you, no question. He probably doesn't feel like he needs to be sure, himself :)

ENxPs' last function is Se.

Is it? I thought it was Si! :huh:

I'm not sure that driving necessarily is an Se thing. I'm all about the Ne when I'm driving. I think my lack of Se is more than adequately compensated for by the fact that, whilst I'm not really good with "in the moment" stuff, I'm incredibly good at predictions, short and long term, and with juggling many things at once. When I drive on track (and on road, but I notice it more on track as you can really get going without having to keep stopping at lights!), I feel like what I'm doing is... well, I'm making one assessment after another of what will happen NEXT, and immediately adjusting in order to cope with it. By the time it's happening, I'm extrapolating the next bit. And so on.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Ne helps me think of why cops would be around anywhere I would be speeding, Se or Si, not so much.

I have never gotten pulled over, and I drive around 80 mph all the time...except like, suburban and urban areas. I just always have a gut feeling of if there are any coppers around. :D

Of course, by saying that I probably jinxed myself, and will probably get pulled over tomorrow, but it's okay. I know where they all hide anyway.

annnie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
I'm quite a good driver (IMO ;) ) though perhaps more cautious than a lot of the opinions here.

I feel like I know what people are likely to do at any given time even before they do, how situations may develop in the future, which seems quite an Ne thing.

'Sensory experience' as a lot of my more S acquaintances seem to get from fast driving etc doesn't appeal! :smile:

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
Yea I was cautious too, till I ran into a cab. Totally unexpected, there were very few cars on the road.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yea I was cautious too, till I ran into a cab. Totally unexpected, there were very few cars on the road.

:D You know what, as long you're still alive and in one piece, you're still a fine driver as far as I'm concerned.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
Never been better .

Can't wait to buy another car :))

HotpinkHeatwave

MBTI Type
ENFP
I can't drive.
Can you?

I wrecked my car, and I know another ENTP who wrecked his car.

Are we the worst type of extraverted drivers?(I can't really talk about introverts because I know just a few) I think we are...the ENFP too I guess.

I'm just curious if there are other ENTPs who hate driving because they can't FOCUS.

I used to know an ENTP that wrecked his car MULTIPLE times. It was because he was reckless, however. He is a good driver now.

As for ENFPs and driving.. Well, I'd like to think I'm a good driver. Sometimes I make mistakes or get distracted, but don't we all? I'm always quite alert.

Sometimes I have problems with screaming at other drivers. Ha.