• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTPs and Driving

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
I can't drive.
Can you?

I wrecked my car, and I know another ENTP who wrecked his car.

Are we the worst type of extraverted drivers?(I can't really talk about introverts because I know just a few) I think we are...the ENFP too I guess.

I'm just curious if there are other ENTPs who hate driving because they can't FOCUS.

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
do entps like to lane change a lot? even when it accomplishes nothing lol

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Only ever had one accident and that was when another driver completely failed to give way so my insurance responsibility was deemed 10%, the default for simply being on the road.

I consider myself a good, yet just as fallible as anyone else, driver.

I've done a lot of driver training with the Aus Army and I enjoy driving, especially in the country side... and in a Mac truck :D

It's a skill, just like anything else.

cless986

MBTI Type
ENTP
I had lot of small mishaps, but nothing serious. :)
But my family are terrified of me when I am driving, I am too reckless in the road (ignoring traffic signs or driving too fast) But I am more careful now :cheese:

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm a fairly good driver, no mishaps worth mentioning.

I'm not perfect and I speed on the motoway at times but generally speaking not bad.

I don't do too many lane changes, and I do know how to do roundabouts properly, and I can parallel park, although that might be because I live in a busy city.

I find driving relaxing and don't tend to get het up unless I'm het up to begin with

Not MBTI related I don't think

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I have had a couple of minor fender-benders that were certainly due to inattention on my part. I have also had quite a number of close calls. I notice that when I'm driving, I often space out and forget what my destination is or if I've passed a certain road that I need to turn onto.

I would certainly say that Ne doms probably do have the most trouble with driving. Driving just requires so much attention to your external environment, and Ne people seem to be less skilled in that arena.

I wonder if Ni-doms have similar issues with focusing outwardly on their external environments?

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I used to drive like a rally driver, flying into corners at speeds that were nuts, going over jumps to scare people, not really paying attention to the road signs (probably because I have poor vision).

Now I really try to focus a bit more and I drive fine, it fixed itself :)

R

ReflecTcelfeR

In today's experience I can say that I am at times a very risky driver, taking a chance at running into on coming traffic, but most of the time I'm pretty chill.

Sarcasticus

Circus Maximus
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
I've never had a wreck that's my fault so I consider myself a good driver. But I can be scattered and have had some near misses.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
So I guess my weak attention has nothing to do with being ENTP ?
It's kinda ADHD but it's not. I get excited and a little hiperactive. Don't know why. I just do that.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm not an ENTP, but my father and brother are ENTPs.
My father is a goddamn ace. He doesn't have a certificate to fly helicopters or planes, but he can drive anything else.
Even trains and other sick stuff. Former railroad engineer. Had his own small trucking company for a whole bunch of years during the eighties and he has built and driven a bunch of motorcycles for 30ish years.

My brother, on the other hand, does not have any interest in racing, bikes, motors, cars or whatever. He's not a very good driver, even if he's not dangerous.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
So I guess my weak attention has nothing to do with being ENTP ?
It's kinda ADHD but it's not. I get excited and a little hiperactive. Don't know why. I just do that.

Not quite, your distractible attention span is pretty typical of being an ENTP, your driving skills however are simply your driving skills, someone can be easily distracted and yet still a good driver, it's a matter of being aware of what you're doing on the road despite what you're thinking about.

Take a defensive driving class, it'll help.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I agree with that. It seems that even though I do space out driving doesn't take much focus away from me and my driving so I'm still pretty good at it, but I will say that at times in rush hour I can lose awareness of drivers in front of my and not see that they are breaking and get pretty close to crashing.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
Not quite, your distractible attention span is pretty typical of being an ENTP, your driving skills however are simply your driving skills, someone can be easily distracted and yet still a good driver, it's a matter of being aware of what you're doing on the road despite what you're thinking about.

Take a defensive driving class, it'll help.

You were in the Army?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I like to drive girls crazy !

Other than that you dont change lanes at 125 mph on the Autobahn, you accelerate to 175 to gain ramming speed !

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
How could you stand all the army rules?...I always kinda had a problem with authority and rules.

You accept that rules are rules and there's little chance you can change them. Most of the practical day-to-day rules have clear logic behind them though, so for me it's a matter of asking why something should be done a set way, once I understand the bigger picture I'm cool. The ones that don't make sense and I disagree with I try to avoid dealing with.

I don't have an issue with authority as much as I have an issue with incompetence in authority, a lot of the time the soldiers who work their way up the NCO ranks have proved themselves and have been where the diggers are so understand what's respected and disrespected in NCO's so they tend to do ok when promoted. Interaction with Officers is minimal unless you work at headquarters.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm an incredibly good driver considering what state I'm in (I've concluded that most people in PA with driver's licences don't really deserve them...NO ONE CAN DRIVE!)
I've only wrecked once, but that was because the roads weren't marked and the car in the other lane went into my lane.

I'm also a very fast driver. And pretty aggressive. I'm sort of jinxed, as I get the slowest cars in front of me every time I hit the road. I'm sorry. The speed limit is 55 mph. You have a car that is able to drive at 55 mph. Don't go 20, or I'm going to be on your ass the whole time until you get out of my way.