User Tag List

MBTI
    INTP

Default How good is your sensing?

I spoke to someone who is supposedly an INTJ. He told me he is oblivious to details he is always in his head. My understanding from it is for example "if I hand you a piece of paper and there is a smiley face sticker on it. You wouldn't notice it?" I must say when I was first told this I was surprised. Maybe his Intuition was so strong his sensing was garbage? Are NT's or maybe N's as a whole that oblivious to details? If that is the case then I seriously need to consider that I might be a Sensor.

How do you notice details?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenSword View Post
    I spoke to someone who is supposedly an INTJ. He told me he is oblivious to details he is always in his head. My understanding from it is for example "if I hand you a piece of paper and there is a smiley face sticker on it. You wouldn't notice it?" I must say when I was first told this I was surprised. Maybe his Intuition was so strong his sensing was garbage? Are NT's or maybe N's as a whole that oblivious to details? If that is the case then I seriously need to consider that I might be a Sensor.

How do you notice details?
    Yes, it is an "N" issue. We like to call them our "sensotard moments". I run into walls and walk right by people that I know without even seeing them sometimes. Check out this thread for more "sensotard moments" caught on tape:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...d-moments.html
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    INTP

Not all the time but I occasionally trip over toys in my living and often forget where I place my pencil while writing. When I leave somewhere I do forget something important to bring. I forgot my car keys were still in the door every single day this past week. But nothing like walking into walls. Thanks for the posting a link to that thread.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenSword View Post
    Not all the time but I occasionally trip over toys in my living and often forget where I place my pencil while writing. When I leave somewhere I do forget something important to bring. I forgot my car keys were still in the door every single day this past week. But nothing like walking into walls. Thanks for the posting a link to that thread.
    What is your type?
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

your resident asshole

I wouldn't call being clumsy or absent-minded a total N trait. I am a definite sensor and I am very clumsy, absent-minded, and forgetful.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

My Se is excellent, my Si not so much... and I routinely trip over things and such because I'm staring in fascination at something else that I intend to lay my hands on or eat
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Permabanned

I can be clumsy at times, but I think it's the ISTPs ability to focus too much on a particular thing and not see what's around him.

All Natural! All Good!

I am fairly sure I'm an SP but I'm quite clumsy, too (or does that disqualify me? lol). The other day I almost tripped over a dog hahaha. Not my fault they are so short. I walk into door frames at least once a day. My Si really sucks, though...I can't relate at all to the "in head" task prioritization some SJs talk about. Even with a simple and regular task like making a familar food I will have difficulty sorting out the order of tasks within the larger task... actually is that weak Si or Je?
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

MBTI
    INTJ

If you hand me a piece of paper with a smiley sticker and nothing else on it, I will notice the sticker. When I walk across a room, I pay attention because I don't want to walk into walls. I generally have some control over when I zone out and get stuck in my head.