User Tag List

First 234

This is a very interesting thread! May I suggest one thing? That people be less concerned about which type is more right or wrong and be more focused on how to communicate with each other more effectively?

It's pretty obvious in many threads on TypeC and other typology forums the frustration experienced between INTJs and INTPs. Both types are internal world focused since they both lead with unconscious functions (Ni and Ti). When these types drop the right and wrong way to perceive and start working together, anything is possible.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Ultimately its about if the INTJ doesent see the worth of something someone said(lack of trust to the source of info or snap judgment about its relevance, that is usually wrong), he doesent see any reason to try to understand the other person. and im not the only one he does this with, the ENTP is the only reliable real life human source of info for him, he doesent even believe what the lecturers said to him when he was in uni, if it went against his insights/delusions about the subject
    This sounds very familiar to me.

I think the latter part of it, regarding the sources of information, is a sign of undevelopedness, though. INTJs judge the relevance of information take receive based on their intuition i.e. generalizations of their earlier experiences. That works well when the INTJ actually has experiences relevant to the matter but the bad thing is that INTJ tend to be rather blind to any gaps in their experiences. They just blindly trust their intuition and are too proud to confess they were wrong. The more the INTJ grows as a person and experiences the world around him/her, the more accurate his/her intuition becomes and he/she may also learn to admit he/she is wrong sometimes.

As for not seeing any reason to understand someone, I would blame the introverted nature and determinedness of the INTJ. They know what they want and think they know how to reach it. But social interaction consumes energy that is a limited resource to an introvert. Therefor, as extreme optimizers, INTJs will skip any social interaction they don't see helpful to them personally.

ReflecTcelfeR

I have been known to manipulate words in an argument in order to win. It's natural for me to do this, with ethics and the like. Hard science speak is fun, but for me only if it's on the idea and not on how it works... I can do it, but I find it tedious.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by gandalf View Post
    INTJs judge the relevance of information take receive based on their intuition i.e. generalizations of their earlier experiences.
    They just blindly trust their intuition and are too proud to confess they were wrong.
    Its not the Ni that does the judging of relevance, its Fi. the deal with this is that Fi is rather undifferianted function for INTJ. what this means is that Fi is linked to other functions and thus is unconsciously controlled and has an unconscious effect to other functions, in this case to Ni and Te. this causes Fi to not be able to make proper judgments(as it requires conscious processing), judge worth of what the other person is saying before actually thinking about it. this judgment is perceived by Ni and together this creates generalizations. also the unconscious Fi is prohibiting Te to work pproperly, or more like cut off the Te from working with that matter.

If you think it this way: Se adds what is to perception, Fi removes what is not worth it, Te adds analysis of what is, Ni perceives only(removes irrelevant) what is relevant to internal big picture image.

Se is least differentiated of the functions, Fi is bit more differentiated(if developed), Te is relatively differentiated and Ni is most differentiated. or this is the typical INTJ. The thing with personal development is to differentiate the functions.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read