User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 41

  1. #21
    Senior Member burymecloser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelGadaafi View Post
    Damn people you all strike me as self-induced loners with high demands from your environments. One must realize also the usefulness of being able to do the best out of a situation, instead of wadding in a shit pool of obscurity.
    You're reading a thread that specifically asks people to detail hardships and you expect them to come off as confident, successful, and content? I'm guessing your growing-up hardships were mostly related to being a little slow.


    Secondary school was fine once I found my niche, and university was great. Graduating from uni is where things started to get tricky for me. I was so busy getting the most out of my remaining time in school that I never developed a plan for what to do after. When I was trying to figure out where to go next, literally no one except my sister supported me. No one could understand where I was coming from. I was like, this is kind of a big decision. I need to put some thought into this!

    The rest of my life has pretty much been a variation on that. I think consciously controlling my own perfectionism would have made a lot of things easier.
    i just want to be a sweetheart

  2. #22
    psicobolche tcda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    1,292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by burymecloser View Post
    You're reading a thread that specifically asks people to detail hardships and you expect them to come off as confident, successful, and content?
    This. He would have had a point if he was replying to a thread which generally said "describe your adolescence". Then most of us would have given a very different answer.

    serious case of a Te vs Ti clash with mr.gadaffi vs teh intps I think. though I agree with him on the need for the unity of the Arab nation.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

    "Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

    -Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    PINT
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelGadaafi View Post
    Damn people you all strike me as self-induced loners with high demands from your environments.
    I wouldn't disagree with that. It's not as bad as you make it sound, though, and even though it was self-induced, it wasn't always willingly self-induced, if that makes any sense. I was really lonely sometimes, but opening up to people was really hard for me. In high school I ate lunch alone most of the time and would rarely hang out with anyone outside of school. I got too bored if I did, or was otherwise reluctant to ask them to do something. I was and still am the guy that never talks but who everyone seems to know somehow.

    I reflected a lot on who I was, what the universe is, what god is, what I was doing, and why I didn't have a girlfriend. The majority of my teenage years I was delusional and thought there was something wrong with me; I was pretty depressed at times. Then I realized I was lonely because of the way I was behaving (the self-induced loneliness) and started putting myself out in the world a little bit more-- after a year or two of thinking about it. I'm still trying to get through that (three years later). I relapse into severe introversion a lot, but I'm getting better at it. Some (very common sense) advice for anyone going into college: talk to as many people as you can your first few days. The basic questions are where they're from, what they're taking, where they're living, etc. As you encounter new questions from other people store them and ask them to new people you meet. You'll know who the people you want to hang out with are. Say hi to people when you see them, even if you don't talk beyond that or have never met. Act like you are interested, even when you aren't. It's draining but it pays off if you want it to.

  4. #24
    Senior Member ColonelGadaafi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP
    Posts
    774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by burymecloser View Post
    You're reading a thread that specifically asks people to detail hardships and you expect them to come off as confident, successful, and content? I'm guessing your growing-up hardships were mostly related to being a little slow.
    So i can't make an observation on these supposed "hardships"? without having some obnoxious sort resort to personal attacks. You have no idea of what i expected so your assumption is very brash and intolerant, i merely made a remark on the validity of these supposed hardships that are for the most part self-induced. You can solve most these problems easily instead of lapsing into a vulnerable semi-depressed status characterized by low social standing, so you won't have to look back in the future like today with resentment, and make "shoulder buddy" threads about it.
    "Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."

  5. #25
    ReflecTcelfeR
    Guest

    Default

    I think it was the way you had typed the first post. As if you were surprized by what you were reading even though the thread title asks for the very thing it seemed you were surprized at. Not so much her insulting you for making an observation.

  6. #26
    psicobolche tcda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    1,292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelGadaafi View Post
    So i can't make an observation on these supposed "hardships"? without having some obnoxious sort resort to personal attacks. You have no idea of what i expected so your assumption is very brash and intolerant, i merely made a remark on the validity of these supposed hardships that are for the most part self-induced. You can solve most these problems easily instead of lapsing into a vulnerable semi-depressed status characterized by low social standing, so you won't have to look back in the future like today with resentment, and make "shoulder buddy" threads about it.
    From my point of view, the point of msot of the replies was to reassure the OP that certain feelings are normal for an INTP, not to look for vindication of our "hardships" (and you are being semantic, the guy cearly just meant "difficulties").

    I can in a compeltely non-obnoxious or abusive way tell you that while your contribution may or may not have been true (it had some truth, but you overstated it), it was 100% fucking useless from the point of view of helping a young intp to grow up.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

    "Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

    -Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

  7. #27
    As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,879

    Default

    Extremely bad. But not due to my personality--I had to pretty much raise myself from about the age of 15 onward.

    Teen culture can be like poison to the INTP. It can be hard because we often have little interest in what is seen as "normal". It's even more difficult due to the fact that being a certain way is the "only" way to be.
    When you become an adult, you can choose your settings with a little more freedom and things will improve. I think what got me through was dreaming about the day I could leave all that shit behind and GTFO.

  8. #28
    Ruler of the Stars Asterion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    Extremely bad. But not due to my personality--I had to pretty much raise myself from about the age of 15 onward.

    Teen culture can be like poison to the INTP. It can be hard because we often have little interest in what is seen as "normal". It's even more difficult due to the fact that being a certain way is the "only" way to be.
    When you become an adult, you can choose your settings with a little more freedom and things will improve. I think what got me through was dreaming about the day I could leave all that shit behind and GTFO.
    I raised myself since I was like four, I turned out pretty good . TV and videogames teaches you more than school. School was just that long long time where you have to deal with a whole bunch of rowdy potsmokers and attention whores.
    5 3 9

  9. #29
    Senior Member ColonelGadaafi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP
    Posts
    774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    I think it was the way you had typed the first post. As if you were surprized by what you were reading even though the thread title asks for the very thing it seemed you were surprized at. Not so much her insulting you for making an observation.
    It is not my problem that she was unable to parse the points of my reply. Resorting to insults is just childish and disrespectful.



    Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    From my point of view, the point of msot of the replies was to reassure the OP that certain feelings are normal for an INTP, not to look for vindication of our "hardships" (and you are being semantic, the guy cearly just meant "difficulties").
    Which is basically what i said in other threads, by using the term of "shoulder" buddy. My commentary was recognition of INTP specific problems.


    Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    I can in a compeltely non-obnoxious or abusive way tell you that while your contribution may or may not have been true (it had some truth, but you overstated it), it was 100% fucking useless from the point of view of helping a young intp to grow up.
    Yes because i did not formulate the problems or offered any solutions. But really, all it takes is a minor correction in philosphy.
    "Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."

  10. #30
    ReflecTcelfeR
    Guest

    Default

    Altering life philosophies isn't AS easy as it sounds... just sayin'.

Similar Threads

  1. What if some of the so called dieties actual ecisted at one
    By draon9 in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-24-2016, 08:42 AM
  2. [MBTItm] What are some of the types you've been mistyped as?
    By Lsjnzy13 in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-20-2015, 12:16 PM
  3. [SJ] SJs - How productive are you? What are some of the methods you use to be productive?
    By /DG/ in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-06-2015, 11:38 AM
  4. What are some of your happiest memories?
    By Pseudo in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-17-2012, 05:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO