User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Idioteque View Post
    Oh yeah, that's another thing I can relate to.. large amounts of knowledge on obscure topics but when it comes to "normal" discussion and small talk I feel like a social retard.
    This is one of my favorite things about being INTP. So long as you stay in your element, you'll have a place in social circles. People appreciate a font of knowledge. I suppose having a number of introverted friends never hurt.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I agree with everyone else who is suggesting that life for the INTP (unless the INTP has been fortunate with a supportive family and environment) begins at college.

You will also probably start studying things and doing things that will help you decide what direction you want to go in the next years of your life. Usually childhood seems full of wandering around, being bored, and wondering what happens next.
    Ugh, yes. My childhood was one big boring blur. Ostracism, loneliness, and stupid behavior. I try not to think about it but sometimes I can't help recounting how I used to get shit from people and not knowing how to deal with it but hide.

My first two years of high school were just as blurry, only with more feelings of insecurity than I had as a blissfully ignorant kid. I managed to keep some close friends from middle school, which I am still close to today. They helped me survive through the day to day humdrum and social viper pit of high school mostly unscathed. One of my friend's brother once told her that if you could keep at least one good friend after high school, then you were lucky. Following that, I suppose I really am lucky, as I've kept more than one.

I also managed to have a few very influential teachers who were so refreshingly different from the other run-of-the-mill instructors that I felt like I "woke up" from slumber. They made me realize that my opinions and beliefs I held are valid, even if they are different from the majority. Basically they made me feel more like an individual rather than another cog in the machine, and that society's pressure to conform is illusory. All my previous fears and insecurities of being a loser or a weirdo were magically blasted away. My senior year of high school was one big waiting game; like a prisoner anxiously waiting for his release day.

Now in college, I've come across more amazing teachers that expand my views and knowledge. I suppose some of the most important people to an INTP would be mentors or teachers. Great teachers really are the catalysts that will propel your growth and help you find your path.

MBTI
    ENTP

yeahh i'm 16 years old right now but when i was in middle school i remember i used to eat my lunch in the bathroom stall. i was so pathetic..

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

When I was in ninth grade I was bullied constantly in my language arts class. It seemed like the whole class ganged up on me, probably because I was so quiet thus made me an easy target. One of my bullies was killed, he was a drug dealer in a deal gone bad. I had one good friend who I think was an ENTP(I love you ENTPs) and he had my back, other than that, I spent the rest of my high school experience being a loner/outcast. I made horrible grades in high school even though I know I am highly intelligent, public school structure is just not for me.
    Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

Johari Nohari

MBTI
    ENTP

wow i feel grateful now, all you other INTP's were bullied, i was never bullied though. that's kinda strange i wonder what was different about me..

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I wasn't bullied either. I haven't posted in this thread because I didn't want to seem like a douche. Thing is, if you ask for only the negatives, you're only gonna get the negatives!

MBTI
    ENTP

hahahahaha yeah i know, so what were some of your negative experiences?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    9, 5
    Socionics
    INTj

In high school I was ready to be done and out. I had a few close friends, and was bullied some for being quiet and 'weird.' College wasn't a great meeting experience for me. I don't jump in a crowd and start hanging out. It takes time for me. I had the same friends from high school as my friends during college. What really shaped me was the alone time I got after I moved out at 18. I stayed up late just writing and reading. I think I've met more people through work than anywhere, really.
    What is normal to one, is incomprehensible to another.

ALL anger in this world stems from a lack of control.

All of reality bows to the illusion of life and death.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

Damn people you all strike me as self-induced loners with high demands from your environments. One must realize also the usefulness of being able to do the best out of a situation, instead of wadding in a shit pool of obscurity.
    "Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by INTPthinker View Post
    wow i feel grateful now, all you other INTP's were bullied, i was never bullied though. that's kinda strange i wonder what was different about me..
    I wasn't bullied. I always had pretty high Fe, too, and could kind of take the emotional temperature of a room and fit in if I needed to. I was mostly liked by everyone, but could be a bit standoffish, so people didn't know how to read me unless they were close friends.

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelGadaafi View Post
    Damn people you all strike me as self-induced loners with high demands from your environments. One must realize also the usefulness of being able to do the best out of a situation, instead of wadding in a shit pool of obscurity.
    That's something an INTP learns later. When you're young, though, all you know is that your environment isn't nearly as welcoming as the world you can create in your head. It takes time.
    Something Witty