yeah i want to but no one is really talking about it ahaha :p

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Ask questions.
    You won't get any responses or positive changes unless you first engage.

(Worked here, right? You posted and people responded to you.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Jennifer, Tallulah and Jock have been around for awhile and represent three different decades!

MBTI
    ENTP

i started a whole new topic can any intp's answer there please

Senior Member InsatiableCuriosity's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Hi INTPthinker

is it a cultural or religious reason your Mum doesn't want you to have a girlfriend? If so it will make it more difficult for you to not abide by your Mum's wishes.

If you attend a coed school, I found the best relationships I had with guys were the ones where we had common interests and just hung out. Romance stuff developed over a time naturally with no expectations and a lasting friendship to boot
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

"Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Jennifer, Tallulah and Jock have been around for awhile and represent three different decades!
    *groan*

I'm Atrophis, the old fart, in this triad too, aren't I?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Sorry, babe!

No really, you are the voice of experience. That's different.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by INTPthinker View Post
    i'm a 16 year old INTP and i can't help but feel lonely because i dont have any close friends. I also feel lonely because i dont have a girlfriend because my mom wont let me have one. But i also am kinda scared to have a girlfriend, like i dont know if i'll be doing things right, taking it at the right pace, etc etc. I also feel like i might never find a girl for me and will be lonely my whole life. It's kinda overwhelming. Is all this normal for an INTP?

I mean, i'm a pretty charming guy, a lot of girls like me and i COULD have a lot of friends but the strictness from my mom prevents that. I always feel lonely because of it.
    Eventually, your mom will not be able to stop you from having a girlfriend and if her input is excerbating your isolation as an INTP, then your best bet is just to ignore her. As an incidental footnote, when I was your age I used to stroll the mall during lunch because there was no one I could connect with at the cafeteria and plaza where people ate, and I had too much pride at the time to be seen eating alone. Now I am 25 and go to the movies by myself. The pattern repeats, minus the pride. Indeed, if I am the only one in the universe, and I want entertainment and can afford to get it, I am going to have it regardless of what anyone else wants to do. Now, there was a brief stint where I was in a five-year relationship and everyone wanted a piece of the action, but the cost of giftedness is high and the cost of genius even higher, and sure enough the recurring position resumed to its equilibrium status thereafer. Now I am going to the UK for the next two years (minimum) for a degree in international trade law, and with my sort of consistency I may never come back. Economically, since I myself have become scarcer, now people are scrambling back for some action before I leave, for such is the nature of humans.

If my life was put in a time series chart to visualize my highs and lows like a stock, 2001 was one of the best years of my life, bringing up the average. So, one of my best years was when I was 16. You are 16 and keep in mind that everything empirical perishes (or at least changes shape). So, if opportunities arise like shooting stars that light up only for short periods of time before dissipating, the spectacle of which you calculate will conduce to your happiness, then the best bet is to take advantage of it. In the long-run, when one's happiness depends on or is obstructed by someone else, one is bound to be disappointed most of the time. In my case, my mom always encouraged association because she saw quite clearly the manifest nature of my antisocial behavior. Thus, your mom likely does not understand the nature of your situation; otherwise, she would surely conclude that letting you mix up with girls is conducive to your social development.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

I remember feeling like that. Next thing I knew I had a boyfriend, friends, and was having fun and didn't remember the lonely days. Just go along with life and don't worry, you're only 16 much more is to come.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Default THIS IS STRANGE INDEED

Beyond childhood, I've never considered age to be a valid excuse for anything.

Friends are necessary tools of output but you so direly wish for a "girlfriend" and your mom says "no"? This is quite a laughable matter to me.

"Mommy! I want a girlfriend!!"

I mean no offense, just intrigued by this contrast of our standards. ...i think.

My big family, particularly the male portion, insists me on having these types of relationships. My dad and uncle, even insisted me to marry at 16. I thought it was just ignorance.

I absolutely cannot sympathize with this desire, therefore, it is strange and funny.