User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

yeah and i'm turning 17 in 2 months ahaha :p

i guess i'll just wait until i'm 17 so i could use the whole argument that i'm only 1 year away from being an adult and should at least have the freedom of having my own girlfriend

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by INTPthinker View Post
    yeah and i'm turning 17 in 2 months ahaha :p

i guess i'll just wait until i'm 17 so i could use the whole argument that i'm only 1 year away from being an adult and should at least have the freedom of having my own girlfriend
    Again, I think it's good to engage as a reasoning adult; but if you make it into a real power struggle with someone who has authority over you, it won't get you what you want. Your mom will just clamp down harder, and since you actually depend on her for room, board, and money, you're sort of hosed at that point, you have nothing to bargain with... and she'll be more reluctant to talk in the future.

That's why I am suggesting more of a dialogue, if possible, at least at first. If she had good intentions rather than bad, the dialogue will open more doors for you long-term.... and especially if she sees you understand her reasoning and are thoughtful enough to take care of yourself. If she doesn't have good intentions, then you won't get anywhere but that's no worse than where you are now.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP

okay

and it's just hard for me, like i'm an emotional stable person but this just hit my rightt in the heart because i just want a companion

facettes de la petite mor Words of Ivory's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

I'll probably get blasted for this suggestion... but stop living under your mother's thumb.

You might only be 16, but being a parent does not give someone a right to dictate their child's life as they see fit. So what if she doesn't "want you to have a girlfriend"? What exactly is she going to do? Kick you out of home?

I'm getting a vibe of a decent person who otherwise feels constrained by the circumstances he is under. If you want a girlfriend, have one. If your mother doesn't like it, tough shit on her. It's not like you're a delinquent going around causing trouble.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Life calls out the meaning of pure jubilance,
    if you'll only take the time to hear it."
    ~ Words of Ivory ~

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post

What does your mom have against gfs anyway?
    If she's anything like mine, it's the whole "I need to be the only woman in your life and I can't let go." Which leads to clingy-ness and grasping really tightly. Which leads to the cocky, 16 year old INTP with slight anger issues and surging testosterone verbally tearing her apart every time he detects her feely claws trying to sink in! But I digress...

Do you go out a lot? Exhibit any kind of behavior that gives her a reason not to trust you? We don't have the privilege of the entire perspective so it's a bit hard to assess, but if you enjoy lighting fires and setting traps to set up your own Abu Ghraib of furry critters I can understand why she doesn't want you to have friends.

But I'm with INA. Fight the power!

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    If she's anything like mine, it's the whole "I need to be the only woman in your life and I can't let go." Which leads to clingy-ness and grasping really tightly. Which leads to the cocky, 16 year old INTP with slight anger issues and surging testosterone verbally tearing her apart every time he detects her feely claws trying to sink in! But I digress...
    Yeah, because in any event he needs an outlet she can't provide. Or she could but that would be gross.

But I'm with INA. Fight the power!

As Words of Ivory said, she won't throw you out. Imagine her horror at the idea that you'll fall into the clutches of a cougar if she did.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

FIGHT THE POWER!!!!!
    Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

Johari Nohari

MBTI
    ENTP

hahaha thanks guys. hopefully it works out i'm sick of this feeling

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by INTPthinker View Post
    i'm a 16 year old INTP and i can't help but feel lonely because i dont have any close friends. I also feel lonely because i dont have a girlfriend because my mom wont let me have one. But i also am kinda scared to have a girlfriend, like i dont know if i'll be doing things right, taking it at the right pace, etc etc. I also feel like i might never find a girl for me and will be lonely my whole life. It's kinda overwhelming. Is all this normal for an INTP?

I mean, i'm a pretty charming guy, a lot of girls like me and i COULD have a lot of friends but the strictness from my mom prevents that. I always feel lonely because of it.
    It may be that in 2-3 years your lack of friends and romantic interests will be something that does not bother you at all. I have at most a single friend, and not an especially close one, yet I'm quite contented. Being alone-something which one ought to distinguish from being lonely- is something almost beautiful, as I hope you see.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Helios View Post
    It may be that in 2-3 years your lack of friends and romantic interests will be something that does not bother you at all. I have at most a single friend, and not an especially close one, yet I'm quite contented. Being alone-something which one ought to distinguish from being lonely- is something almost beautiful, as I hope you see.
    Some people can't handle that amount of isolation. I, for one, do find myself needing at the minimum a modicum of social interaction. I can downplay the need for extended periods of time if I really need to, but I start to go crazy if I don't have some sort of interaction with people other than the members of my immediate family for more than three weeks. Obviously I prefer more than that. But one thing I could not handle is not having any friends.