• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Met a bombshell. Did I blow it?

fecaleagle

MBTI Type
INTj
I was grocery shopping late the other night. As I was walking past the beer section I saw the hottest girl I've ever seen in my life, dressed very nicely. I literally think I lost my breath for a second. Ever since my recent breakup, I haven't been finding girls as attractive as I once did and this moment just slapped me in the face and brought me back to reality. What random timing too. So I act busy while checking her out for a while as she is slowly looking at the beer selection (I don't think she noticed me yet). Besides her perfect body, face, and hair, the way she was carrying herself was so magnetic. You could've told me this girl was a model and I wouldn't have been surprised. Based on how she was acting, it seemed like she might be an ENFP (which always intrigue me). Her movements were so sexy, and she was taking forever to decide on what to get, and her body language and face seemed very friendly and approachable. I tend to mentally “hunt” ENFPs females just for fun, even when I was in a relationship, so I've gotten good at it. So I walk down a few aisles, and I can't stop thinking about her. This girl is a unanimous 10/10 and can have any guy in the world (I have been told I'm like a 7, but I have been hit on by what I would call 8's), so I feel silly for even thinking about all of this. Usually I would just ignore it and move on, but something inside me begged me to go up and talk to her. WTF. Never have done that with a girl this hot, nor do I do it very much with other girls since I wait for them to approach me. She was definitely out of my league, so for an INTJ to ignore that fact and want to talk to her was really weird for me. I never approach strangers and make small talk, but my legs turned me around and I was filled with confidence (I was wearing nice clothes and had worked out earlier and felt good, thank god). I really think it was because I had convinced myself that she was an ENFP and since I've met so many that are just somehow drawn to me, I figured I had some sort of secret advantage.

So I go to her aisle and look at the beers, and made a comment about the selection and she was very receptive to initiating this “small talk”. So I keep talking about beer for a bit and at this point I realize that she is definitely an ENFP. So then I start talking about decision making and my love of possibilities and bla bla, and she was like omg me too bla bla. She knew more about beer than the average person, but still nowhere near my expertise which I feel I impressed her with. Then she started taking control of the conversation and I used my sense of humor to make her laugh some. I thought to myself this must be a dream. So at the end I told her my name and she told me hers, shook hands, and then I said it was really nice having a fun random conversation, and that I should get going. I don't know why I did this. I could've kept the conversation going but I was so shocked at how smooth I was to this bombshell and wanted out ASAP! What the hell. Why was that my reaction? Instead of taking what seemed like a 1 out of 1,000,000 chance and asking her out or something, I chose to protect my ego. This didn't give me any benefit, while the payoff of going out with this girl would be like winning the lottery. I think I assumed that she couldn't be single or be interested in me, but now I'm kicking myself. Even though she was a lot better looking than me, maybe she was so attracted to my personality that it made up for it? I've heard that ENFPs value personality very much over looks after a certain point, so that's why I'm thinking that.

I guess I'm looking for people to tell me whether she was just being flirty and friendly and that I did the right thing, or that I was stupid not to take a chance of a lifetime. I want to change how I approach something like this. Any fellow NTs with tips? When I want to I can be relatively smooth with girls (especially for an INTJ), but they have always been in the same league as me physically. I want to be able to jump to the big league.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Think less. Act more.

Everybody has to go out with somebody and attraction is a very personal thing. Different things matter to different people. So your numerical ratings might be somewhat irrelevant.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I'm just amused by how sure you are of her MBTI type.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm amused by him saying he wants to jump into the big league.

:sick:

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
If you're asking, then yes, you blew it.

Stop thinking so much.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I'm glad you can tell a person's type by watching them make grocery selections.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I'm amused by him saying he wants to jump into the big league.

:sick:
Oh, I missed that part.

Avian of Defecation, you are going to need to keep this with you at all times:

3053.gif

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Did she give her first name and last name? You could find her and call her up ...

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
Oh my god - that was overblown thinking. Don't assume a person's a certain type within minutes of meeting her. She could be INFP, you know. Be interested in the person, don't move so fast. Concentrate on the moment. Enjoy the conversation. Take chances and ask for numbers/emails/facebook. Feel the vibes/gut feelings. Enjoy it. Don't worry so much. You will make tons of mistakes. That's all. Dont play to win the game or win a higher league, whatever you mean. Find someone you are attracted to in a natural, organic sense without all the she's a 10 and I am a 7 so WHOA, I just did something out of my league. A girl who's a 6 is also special and might fit you better, you never know. Stop categorizing. Be in the moment. That's attractive to bystanders.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yep totally haha you could've asked her to have more random conversation and a beer with you sometime.

Stevo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Yup. You blew it. Don't worry though, I'd probably do the same thing.

fecaleagle

MBTI Type
INTj
Oh my god - that was overblown thinking. Don't assume a person's a certain type within minutes of meeting her. She could be INFP, you know. Be interested in the person, don't move so fast. Concentrate on the moment. Enjoy the conversation. Take chances and ask for numbers/emails/facebook. Feel the vibes/gut feelings. Enjoy it. Don't worry so much. You will make tons of mistakes. That's all. Dont play to win the game or win a higher league, whatever you mean. Find someone you are attracted to in a natural, organic sense without all the she's a 10 and I am a 7 so WHOA, I just did something out of my league. A girl who's a 6 is also special and might fit you better, you never know. Stop categorizing. Be in the moment. That's attractive to bystanders.

Good advice :) I'm fine with a 6 if she's a better fit. Just annoyed that I missed out on seeing if this 10 could work

yep totally haha you could've asked her to have more random conversation and a beer with you sometime.

DAMNIT. I missed the most obvious move

She could have indeed been INFP, or another type, but I'm really good at typing people based on limited info. Guess it's my Ni. Either way after the convo I don't care about type. I had to tell myself she was ENFP based on my hunch in order to have that confidence in myself I guess, since she was such a looker. I'll never forget this opportunity!

Oh, I missed that part.

Avian of Defecation, you are going to need to keep this with you at all times:

3053.gif

LOL. That would've probably helped me seal the deal right then and there...I just chew it and then wrap it around my penis in lieu of a condom, right?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Did she give her first name and last name? You could find her and call her up ...

Yeah. Just do that. Right away.

Nothing to lose really.

fecaleagle

MBTI Type
INTj

Haha no last name. Do people even ask that? I've never asked or told my last name to anyone that I just met.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Well, at least it's all downhill from there... wait, that's the depressing part.