User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0

You have to realize that you need to pick your battle. Being an ego centered person is fine, its who you are so being fake about it is just going to make it worst. However, you have to realize that proving yourself smarter than everyone is not worth the trouble because in the grand scheme of things it just isn't efficient. Eventually, you will not be able to feed your ego because you cut off all the sources (the people you gloriously told off). It's like money, unless you built a system or get a job to get a steady flow it will run out.

You can call people however you want, just use a different tone. Use playful body language while you correct people (playfulness, smiling, etc..) because it makes your judgement more acceptable for some reason (I guess the person is paying more attention to the body language instead of the words). Its funny to see someone laughing while you call that person a moron (I don't do this anymore because life experience has told me that I'm not always correct which was a big problem for me when I was younger. And I'm ok with that revelation lol).

Finally, I'll tell you not to be so judgemental, but you already know that is your problem. Now you just have to decide which is more important to you, looking intelligent or having people that can stand to be your friend.
    This post grammatical errors had been intentionally left uncorrected.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentMind View Post
    Much better. QFT.
    Just wait. Things won't seem so bleak when you can drive all by yourself!

What is, is. Arthur Schopenhauer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I see how it goes... ignore the sensor

it's not like I know anything about getting along with people and selling ideas instead of pounding them in or anything...
    Oh, my mistake... I didn't know this thread was about you... My bad.

Just kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
    The bolded made me curious. What exactly is it ye're attracted to?
    Not saying.

One thing I noticed is that you seem to value intelligence over all else - wisdom (though you reconsidered this one), possible insight, emotional maturity and the ability to communicate well. If I may suggest, reevaluate your values and look at a person or two you actually respect - a professor, mentor, relative - and see how they live their life. The intellectual equals I've respected the most (in real life, not speaking of an Einstein or Marie Curie) have people close to them, as it can (for most, or at least many) enrich one's life.
    Yes, yes, respectable people are very different than I am. I'm aware of this... I've only admired a few people, like two, and they're long gone. No new ones have been found yet. I wish I had a mentor but they are rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Willfrey View Post
    Are you above therapy?
    This is hardly bad enough for therapy.
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

This will not end well...
    But it will at least be poetic, I suppose...

Hmm... But what if it does end well?
    Then I suppose it will be a different sort of poetry, a preferable sort...
    A sort I could become accustomed to...

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

This is hardly bad enough for therapy.
    I thought that for years. Didn't realize how far down the rabbit hole truly goes...

I could have written the first post about eight months ago. Now, things are going in a better direction.

Hate

I think it's all of those. The world is shit, so I want to fix it; the more I want to fix it, the more I hate it; the more I hate it, the more I realize how insufferably weak I am. It's an overload of emotions, I think, coupled with confusion and a lack of direction that can obtain a specific and worthwhile goal.
    An overload of emotions! What the hell is this madness you speak of?

Impostor! MM would never use an expression like that... Who are you and what have you done with MagnificentMind?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    I thought that for years. Didn't realize how far down the rabbit hole truly goes...

I could have written the first post about eight months ago. Now, things are going in a better direction.
    Maybe you're right. There are also other reasons I don't want to do that. I have a feeling they would give me antidepressants and then call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    An overload of emotions! What the hell is this madness you speak of?

Impostor! MM would never use an expression like that... Who are you and what have you done with MagnificentMind?
    I am the emo boy that lives deep down in his soul. Hi!
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Maybe you're right. There are also other reasons I don't want to do that. I have a feeling they would give me antidepressants and then call it a day.
    Find a psychologist who specializes in psychotherapy, since most psychiatrists these days are just what you're worried about. Just remember - depression is often the brain's way of trying to come up with solutions to emotional problems

Enneagram

I like to think I am superior.
    After reading this thread, these questions popped into my head.

• Why do you need to prove your worth to yourself by comparing yourself to others?
    • Why do you want/need to be superior?
    • Why can't you just accept yourself without degrading or devaluing others in order to accomplish this goal?
    • Why do people need to be labeled stupid when they don't understand or agree with you?
    • Why can't you allow others to be different from you and see that as acceptable?
    Doorknob: Read the directions and directly you will be directed in the right direction.
    -Alice in Wonderland

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0

I probably hate you now since you flat out ignored me. Hmmm, hate is probably not the correct term. A more correct term would be leaning towards "not caring," however, if that was the case I wouldn't be typing this post which would indicate that I care a little. Only a little , like d^6y/dx^6 of caring where if caring was a function, it would be reduce to nothing but a constant which would make it a flat linear line.
    This post grammatical errors had been intentionally left uncorrected.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Oddly Refined View Post
    After reading this thread, these questions popped into my head.
    [*]Why do you need to prove your worth to yourself by comparing yourself to others?
    Is there another way to prove your value through any other means aside from competition or comparison? I mean, isn't that why value exists in the first place? Value exists because of comparison and competition - just take a look at anything in the world that has value and you will find these two things. This is the foundation of everything.

[*]Why do you want/need to be superior?[*]Why can't you just accept yourself without degrading or devaluing others in order to accomplish this goal?
    It starts with an "I" and rhymes with "Insecure".

[*]Why do people need to be labeled stupid when they don't understand or agree with you?
    :steam:

[*]Why can't you allow others to be different from you and see that as acceptable?[/LIST]
    Don't judge me, you foul hypocrite!