User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    young STJs can be just as apt to do the same thing... I think that anyone has the capabliity of at least learning to fake Fe when necissary though...
    im sure a lot of types do it, i just meant that i can relate this very well to a lot of common behaviour I observe among NTJs i know

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentMind View Post
    But in all seriousness. What do I do to correct myself? Can I even be corrected? Help.
    Value wisdom over intelligence.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

As to the "why" you do it... I guess it is because what we involuntarily think of as lesser minds tend to piss us off.
    OK, that was just the symptom, here's why.
    See, the brain is sort of like a basket, and most people just fill it with shit and air.
    Most people will never be lifelong learners. Their brains will stop growing when they aren't forced to go to school anymore.
    Well, shit and air in all its loveliness, but they might as well be cows to me sometimes.
    At least when I am in my worst periods of dark INTJness.
    INTJs hate inefficiency and rampant wastefulness.
    We'd rather see that people filled their "baskets" with useful things instead of being able to recount the entire history of the Boston Redsox, all the players' names etc.
    That's mental shit right there.
    Then when what I would like to call a shithead () gets into an attempted serious conversation about some profoundly serious (well, to us anyway... lol) subject and get their facts all wrong but refuse to budge...
    Another thing that really pisses me off is people who can't interpret cause and effect very well.
    That often correlates to not being able to take facts from the point of a large overview and see a whole.
    The "whole" that they get is often so twisted and primitively misinterpreted that I just walk away in disgust.

Well, let's just say that the whacking I wish to do upon them is not of the sexual kind.
    :steam:
    Then it sort of blows over quickly, because I got older at some point.
    But still, I can't stand most people in the long run.
    I'd say that your being "bad" is not the entire truth here.
    Maybe your previous friends are retarded assholes, too.
    And maybe you also need to grab yourself by the collar and shake some sense into yourself.
    The fact that you came to this insight, though, tells me that you are doubting yourself.
    Correct a few errors and stop doing that excessively. It's self-abuse.
    Keeping a check on things is good, but to second-guess everything you do all the time is horrible and it'll make you into a pathetic doormat.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

You're just insecure. A normal human condition.

What is, is. Arthur Schopenhauer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    maybe he likes to feel superior to other people.
    I like to think I am superior.

Quote Originally Posted by Helios View Post
    Why do you believe your behaviour is something to be "corrected"?
    Why wouldn't I? Narcissism is, for the most part, unhealthy. I can't think much bigger unless I'm thinking outside of myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Think really hard what you are trying to subconsciously accomplish by acting that way. Are you striving for a better world? Are you stroking your own ego? Is it an anger catharsis for ya?
    I think it's all of those. The world is shit, so I want to fix it; the more I want to fix it, the more I hate it; the more I hate it, the more I realize how insufferably weak I am. It's an overload of emotions, I think, coupled with confusion and a lack of direction that can obtain a specific and worthwhile goal. My goals are too large, I think. The goal is impossible and the load is unbearable. Yay. Lifesogreat.

Try to analyze yourself, and your life and understand why you are that, and why you are instinctively compelled each time to do it again.

After that, just scratch, and invent a conscious new purpose for when to be argumentative. A good one.
    Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    Pretty normal for a young INTJ.

One day you realize that being hard isn't the same thing as being strong and most of the things that you think make you strong are really just compensating for your weaknesses.
    I liked this. Very true.

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    True true true. And there is a difference. "Selling out" is one of the most abused concepts I can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by JustHer View Post
    I think INTJs (ENTJs too) can be prone to this, especially when they are younger or just unhealthy. I would suggest trying to just change the subject anytime you feel the need to correct someone or argue. Or try stopping yourself from asserting your opinion and instead first ask a lot more questions and try to clarify what they are saying. Oh and rather than telling someone what is wrong with what they are saying, try asking them a question about it that would make them realize themselves that there is something wrong with it.
    I usually see what's wrong with what they're saying... Being polite takes so much work, seriously. Just accept what I say, people. I was not designed to teach people things. It's frustrating.

Sounds like it could be a social anxiety thing too.
    Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    Value wisdom over intelligence.
    Maybe... Maybe I will value both. I think knowing how to properly implement your intelligence would be the best thing to value, in this situation anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberries View Post
    when i was a kitten i was more argumentative. then i realised some people are just immovable and daft and don’t value logic or analysis and that my mental energy could be better used in other ways. i still find myself drawn into debates, but i can be more detached now and walk away before i say anything super ugly.

my first boss after i graduated and got a grown up job said to me 'you get more with sugar than shit.' i have seen this play out in my professional and personal life over and over. you don’t need to sell out, but you do need to pick your battles. people generally don't want to listen to lonely, angry people - their currency ends up devalued no matter the strength of their ideas.
    Aye.
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

This will not end well...
    But it will at least be poetic, I suppose...

Hmm... But what if it does end well?
    Then I suppose it will be a different sort of poetry, a preferable sort...
    A sort I could become accustomed to...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    Then when what I would like to call a shithead () gets into an attempted serious conversation about some profoundly serious (well, to us anyway... lol) subject and get their facts all wrong but refuse to budge...
    Another thing that really pisses me off is people who can't interpret cause and effect very well.
    That often correlates to not being able to take facts from the point of a large overview and see a whole.
    The "whole" that they get is often so twisted and primitively misinterpreted that I just walk away in disgust.
    Yeah, I hate explaining stuff. I wish they could just figure it out for themselves.

The fact that you came to this insight, though, tells me that you are doubting yourself. Correct a few errors and stop doing that excessively. It's self-abuse. Keeping a check on things is good, but to second-guess everything you do all the time is horrible and it'll make you into a pathetic doormat.
    I don't know. The only times I've ever experienced massive growth or come to some new insight is when I doubted myself and things that I'd trusted for a long time. It's how I've prevented myself from being a doormat for a while now.
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    You're just perfect. A abnormal godlike condition.
    Much better. QFT.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I see how it goes... ignore the sensor

it's not like I know anything about getting along with people and selling ideas instead of pounding them in or anything...
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentMind View Post
    So, I've been realizing just how much of a big asstard I am. Seriously, it's almost sickening. It turns out that the kind if girls I like... Well, let's just say the 'I like you' feeling isn't even close to being mutual. I've become some kind of egotistical monster, I have this enormous sense of entitlement that isn't deserved, I always put myself first, I constantly try to get intellectual one-ups by strategically breaking peoples arguments down -this isn't really a bad thing though, but the way I go about arguing belittles the Hell out of the other person and the reasons why I argue aren't even good ones,- I expect people to do exactly as I expect them to but WHOAH, GLORY HALLUJAH, people don't really want to call me 'Emperor Of Everything'...

How the Hell do I fix myself before I become older, even more lonely, and bitter-er? I'm looking into the future and all I see is me, with a cane, a messed up leg and some vicodin... It's a very fancy and expensive cane though... Very, very fancy...

But in all seriousness. What do I do to correct myself? Can I even be corrected? Help.
    The bolded made me curious. What exactly is it ye're attracted to?

One thing I noticed is that you seem to value intelligence over all else - wisdom (though you reconsidered this one), possible insight, emotional maturity and the ability to communicate well. If I may suggest, reevaluate your values and look at a person or two you actually respect - a professor, mentor, relative - and see how they live their life. The intellectual equals I've respected the most (in real life, not speaking of an Einstein or Marie Curie) have people close to them, as it can (for most, or at least many) enrich one's life.

MBTI
    IsTP

Are you above therapy?
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...