• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Stupidity is the least of their problems.

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
1000 people? you think? that's all we need? can i just host a rave and spike the koolaid?

1000 individuals could construct a very basic means of production, something to export to individuals outside of the circle. We would need to be located very near a major body of water, a seaport or along a river perhaps, to distribute our goods and in the process of interacting with non-believers, persuade them with tales of peace, harmony, stability, rapid growth due to a number of policies, to join our following. Even if increasing our membership using this method results in relatively slow growth, we would at the very least make a profit out of the ordeal and allocate additional resources to facilitate growth through building new infrastructure in our centralized community. The ideal end state would resemble a superorganism incapable of harming other members of the following, and driven only to continue to maintain homeostasis or growth as the circumstances required.

ocean

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
67sx
Religion is one of the greatest things ever. It is a wonderful fail safe that cultures around the world construct independently to reinforce social bonds. Some of them get out of control, some of them die out over time, but you'd never really want the construct to disappear entirely. I'll always want to allow a nucleus of believers from all faiths to continue to live independently of whatever lifestyle I choose because it is better for them, or at least they believe it is better for them. No need to push the issue and risk serious confrontation.

Confrontation is what religions demand of their followers. Holy wars, suicide bombers, 9/11... (though that last one was allowed to happen).

ocean

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
67sx
Lucas got it right.
The word "feel" was not meant to refer to the jung function.
As for why I didn't make my post more concise, clear and logical, that's because I wasn't really looking for any feedback, just venting my emotions... and stirring s**t up to see what would come of it.

Fact: whenever someone expresses an opinion which challenges the social status quo, he exposes himself to criticism - his position is weak with respect to all sorts of social attacks.

Fact: I don't give a s**t and historically never have

Fact: "immature" to most people means that I don't take the BS status quo as is but have different ideals and I haven't become cynical or apathetic to things

Fact: as all the mature people who don't nitpick and go to the temple every sunday and aren't all the bad things which have been attributed to me in this thread were standing there, I was the one to get someone to call an ambulance. I hope if something happens to me there's another immature freak/idiot to do something about it!

Case closed... (at least this time I got some feedback on this forum ;))

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Are you sure you aren't an NF, dude?

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My thoughts exactly at reading his last post

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C4uTEEOJlM"]Freaks - one of us[/YOUTUBE]

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The main thing that's changed since I started to develop F is that all those things which seemed irrational and "stupid" are now justified in principle by F, but now judged underdeveloped and extremely vulgar in their execution.

Take religion. Yeah of course even a child knows there's no granddaddy in the sky watching down on you, but people FeEl a need for spirituality so they believe it.

Good thing T's have never ever legimitately been religious.

But this is just vulgar. It's stunted spiritual growth. It's worshipping a golden cow or the hunga bunga mountain god. If you tell them you're an atheist they think you're not spiritual, you care only of material things, blah blah. How about having a definition of good and evil, how about developing an objective morality system, how about reading up on the defensibility of moral utilitarianism in an unbounded universe, how about trying to get investors to finance antiaging research when aging kills 100,000 people a day. No, that does not count, if one doesn't believe in your voodoo s**t they're not spiritual. Ok then. Where's my doll??

I know very few people who believe simply in the golden cow or mountain god. Even if they claim to incorporate beliefs that involve some celestial figure, their spiritual values are woven together with definitions of personal good and evil, morality, and dealing with practical problems in practical ways daily to help people.

What's an objective morality system? If it's objective, anyone should be able to figure it out independently of each other... but weirdly enough, no one ever seems to agree in everything... not two Christians, not two Muslims, not two atheists. Apparently there is still some level of subjectivity involved in (gasp) subjective human beings with limited intellect and perspective.

Maybe we just need a rant subforum so we don't get our serious arguments and our emo dumps confused.

Yesterday I was walking on a street in China and a big sharp heavy rusty metal piece fell on a girl who bent down in pain and started bleeding profusely. 20 people watching and doing nothing, I'm the only one to try to tell them to call an ambulance or a doctor. They're just freaking paralyzed and asking her if she's ok to pretend they care, when of course she's not ok and you can see a wound on her foot an inch deep and she's bent down just pushing her foot to keep it together her face twisted in pain and saying nothing, just screaming. Of course she's ok she's having a great time!

More and more people stop, just to watch not to do anything to help her. Eventually I have to walk to the nearest bus station to get someone to call 911 because the orange faced monkey 1$ a day workers and the stupid bystanders won't move a finger.

Stupid, dirty, dirty monkeys keep making me sick, they are so f***ing evil and vulgar that stupidity is really the LEAST of their problems!!! They've got a looooong path to self development before they finally get down to the "fix stupidity" item.

Hope all the fat chicks on antidepressants with "jesus loves you" stickers on their car bumper, all the walmart mommies smoking 3 packs a day, and more categories of people added each day, all fall off the grand canyon and go straight to hell!

You actually captured my interest with the first paragraph or two here -- legitimate moral inquiry -- but then the boredom set back in.

There's lots of reasons people might not have helped, btw. Not sure what it necessarily had to do with religion; it sounded more like (1) cultural approach and (2) lack of a plan of how to handle things. But maybe you were just mixing everything together.

So your objective morality system involve slurring foreign cultures with cheap racist invective based on their appearance? Nice. Where can I sign up? I've been waiting my whole life for something like this. (My daughter's Chinese, by the way.)

well i think...he's saying that the religious notion of a heavenly deity is obscenely illogical in his perspective but that an emotionally mature empathetic person understands the importance of a spiritual interconnected mindset...or something.

That can't be right. You're an F, remember -- how would YOU know? ;)

And I think, that perhaps all of you or perhaps just a few of you may or may not have misinterpreted the context of his post or perhaps minor or major parts of his posts, something that may or may not have led you to post what may or may not have been pointless in hope of perhaps achieving something that may or may not really matter. And perhaps I should not drink Red Bull.

Thanks for clearing that up, I think I get it now.

Eventually it gets so confusing that one part of me screams "This is frustrating!" while another part of me goes "Fuck it, I'm going home."

Oh, it's not actually that confusing: It's textbook representative of the standard "INTP emo rant" that pops up on INTPc all the time, common in the adolescent/young adult crowd. Older INTPs there just sit around and wait patiently for life experience to catch up to them.

Lucas got it right.
As for why I didn't make my post more concise, clear and logical, that's because I wasn't really looking for any feedback, just venting my emotions... and stirring s**t up to see what would come of it.

Well, you've got it. Although when I come to the NT Rationale... I expect to see some rationality. The opening here was almost worthy of Fluff/Graveyard status.

Fact: whenever someone expresses an opinion which challenges the social status quo, he exposes himself to criticism - his position is weak with respect to all sorts of social attacks.

Agreed.

Lame. Get over it, and start caring.

Fact: "immature" to most people means that I don't take the BS status quo as is but have different ideals and I haven't become cynical or apathetic to things

You sound pretty cynical to me. You also sound like you have less ideals and values that are helpful to society than the people you're bitching about. The values you've expressed here are certainly no better.

Fact: as all the mature people who don't nitpick and go to the temple every sunday and aren't all the bad things which have been attributed to me in this thread were standing there, I was the one to get someone to call an ambulance. I hope if something happens to me there's another immature freak/idiot to do something about it!

Got it -- "Salvation comes from calling the ambulance when someone hurts themselves. Otherwise you can act as childishly as you want."

I'm not sure it's the sort of feedback you really want to hear.
I had to reformulate my opinion of you after reading all this.

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
Lucas got it right.

Then dont use F in your post as a symbol for feeling.

Okay which one is it? Stirring up shit because of your incoherent writing style or venting your emotions? If you want people to take you serious you got to explain your reasons behind writing as you do. Otherwise make a blog for it if you really want to express your emotions. There is a feature here for that.

Where are you attacking the status quo, I just see a post from someone that has no idea what hes actually writing about. Its fine to attack the status quo just do it in a way where you show some intelligence. To attack the status quo just to create a martyrdom is silly. And seriously what do you expect other than getting negative posts?

Fantastic. Oh btw which one do you want me to use here? :rock: or :worthy: or :thumbdown:

What?? :huh:

If this is with regards to your story about that girl, there can be many reasons why people act the way they do. Apathy (which would fit your thinking), shock or thinking other people will deal with it out of either being preoccupied or because they are not as assertive and wants to let other people help which might be better experienced in a situation like that.

Get off the high horse and stop promoting your own ways of utillitarianism as the ultimate way of life. Fantastic you feel good with living that way, just dont make it look like you are better than others. It dont suit an intelligent being.

What??

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You sound like a friend of mine that I have become extremely dissatisfied with.

I have learned through my job that there are masses of people are out there with double digit IQs or lower and are in much greater numbers.

I don't think it's an F thing though (immature F thing, maybe).
I think it's more of a stupid thing.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8

Fact: you haven't challenged anything. You've expressed a myopic opinion on a set of ideals you clearly know very little about.

If anything, you've challenged outward impression of your competency to clearly and concisely speak your mind.

Fact: You clearly care. A lot. This thread is proof.

Fact: Look up what "status quo" means first. Then, use the term.

Fact: What the hell are you talking about? Why did you include this component in the first place?

And, why are you talking like Dwight Schrute?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have learned through my job that there are masses of people are out there with double digit IQs or lower and are in much greater numbers.

It's the single-digit and quadruple-digit IQs that worry me.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I'm amazed this thread got this far and has actually gotten serious responses. The OP is a clear idiot and has been since he/she/it got here.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
^ I guess I don't read it that harshly; ocean sounds like someone who is starting to awaken to a new side of themselves. Rather abruptly. Lots of inner muddiness.

I rather enjoyed the raw expression of that, but can clearly see why it would not be enjoyed in this section of the forum. There's a lack of cogent structure and an illogical construct that begs to be slapped back.

Come over and post your fledgling flights of emotional exploration in the NF section ocean; we'll help you transform that angst - like turning water into wine.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
^ quite a hook with the post title; I read through that yesterday, and some of the ill-conceived, crazy advice in that thread too.

I admit there's messy expression, but I find ocean kind of intriguing ... like a lump of clay that still has no shape or form, turning on the potter's wheel. What hands will help to shape that potential? Skillful ones are needed.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And you think it's your job to shape him that directly?
The clay can't be shaped unless it's ready... and it's up to him to make his own decisions.

Any responses in this thead, if you read carefully, have been corrections to the claims he made for NTs and mirrors of his original attitude... just to return him to a point of balance. Less-extreme claims would have been met with less strong rebuffs.

The whole point of NT logic/guidance is meant to return volition back to the originator, so he can make his own choices. None of us are going to try to make him into anything, that's up to him.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
^ I'm not saying I am personally taking on such a challenge, which is difficult to do in an online format anyway.

Although I am open to help if I can.

I am suggesting that it seems to me at this point in ocean's development, a more mature individual will help him recognize these inner feelings for what they are and guide them to a positive form. Best a person IRL.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Agreed.

But I'm just going to have us put our cards on the table: It's pretty clear you're in here to steer this whole thread in a different direction and give a "guiding hand" because you seemingly don't like how the NTs have handled things, you're doing that typical "NF" thing without really just coming out and stating your intentions... and I think your approach will not be effective at this juncture and probably even counter-productive.

I do agree that, in the end, it's not a bunch of faceless names on an online forum who will provide mentorship, it's going to be real-life guides. It just doesn't sound like he has any he respects IRL right now.