• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Stupidity is the least of their problems.

ocean

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
67sx
The main thing that's changed since I started to develop F is that all those things which seemed irrational and "stupid" are now justified in principle by F, but now judged underdeveloped and extremely vulgar in their execution.

Take religion. Yeah of course even a child knows there's no granddaddy in the sky watching down on you, but people FeEl a need for spirituality so they believe it. But this is just vulgar. It's stunted spiritual growth. It's worshipping a golden cow or the hunga bunga mountain god. If you tell them you're an atheist they think you're not spiritual, you care only of material things, blah blah. How about having a definition of good and evil, how about developing an objective morality system, how about reading up on the defensibility of moral utilitarianism in an unbounded universe, how about trying to get investors to finance antiaging research when aging kills 100,000 people a day. No, that does not count, if one doesn't believe in your voodoo s**t they're not spiritual. Ok then. Where's my doll??

Yesterday I was walking on a street in China and a big sharp heavy rusty metal piece fell on a girl who bent down in pain and started bleeding profusely. 20 people watching and doing nothing, I'm the only one to try to tell them to call an ambulance or a doctor. They're just freaking paralyzed and asking her if she's ok to pretend they care, when of course she's not ok and you can see a wound on her foot an inch deep and she's bent down just pushing her foot to keep it together her face twisted in pain and saying nothing, just screaming. Of course she's ok she's having a great time!

More and more people stop, just to watch not to do anything to help her. Eventually I have to walk to the nearest bus station to get someone to call 911 because the orange faced monkey 1$ a day workers and the stupid bystanders won't move a finger.

Stupid, dirty, dirty monkeys keep making me sick, they are so f***ing evil and vulgar that stupidity is really the LEAST of their problems!!! They've got a looooong path to self development before they finally get down to the "fix stupidity" item.

Hope all the fat chicks on antidepressants with "jesus loves you" stickers on their car bumper, all the walmart mommies smoking 3 packs a day, and more categories of people added each day, all fall off the grand canyon and go straight to hell!

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
I have no idea what you're talking about.

So, instead, here's the lyrics to a hot Pet Shop Boys track:

"West End Girls"

(....forever)

Sometimes you're better off dead
There's gun in your hand and it's pointing at your head
You think you're mad, too unstable
Kicking in chairs and knocking down tables
In a restaurant in a West End town
Call the police, there's a madman around
Running down underground to a dive bar
In a West End town

In a West End town, a dead end world
The East End boys and West End girls
West End girls

Too many shadows, whispering voices
Faces on posters, too many choices
If, when, why, what?
How much have you got?
Have you got it, do you get it, if so, how often?
And which do you choose, a hard or soft option?
(How much do you need?)

West End girls
West End girls

(How much do you need?)

Oooh West End town, a dead end world
East End boys, West End Girls
West End girls

You've got a heart of glass or a heart of stone
Just you wait 'til I get you home
We've got no future, we've got no past
Here today, built to last
In every city, in every nation
From Lake Geneva to the Finland station
(How far have you been?)

A West End town, a dead end world
East End Boys, West End girls
West End girls

West End girls

West End girls
(How far have you been?)

Girls
East End boys
And West End girls
And West End girls
(... forever)
And West End girls
(How far have you been?)

East End boys
The West End girls
The West End boys
And West End girls

The West End girls
The West End boys
The West End girls

Moonstone3

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
9, 5
Odd that you mention this. Check out the song Right In Two, by Tool. I've been listening to it all day. I understand.

Lucas

MBTI Type
INTP
1: Yay rants!

2: I like to call this the "we have to do something!" principle.

It does not seem to matter how effective or useful that something is, so long as it makes you feel good, because you feel like you have helped. Actually thinking something through requires effort, so it is easier to just, as you say
ask her if she's ok to pretend they care

And yes, it can be very annoying.

The only solution I can think of beyond sterilization is to just ignore them.

Moonstone3

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
9, 5
Here's The lyrics:
Angels on the sideline,
puzzled and amused.
Why did Father give these humans free will?
Now they're all confused.

Don't these talking monkeys know that Eden
has enough to go around?
Plenty in this holy garden.
Silly monkeys,
where there's one you're bound to divide it,
right in two.

Angels on the sideline,
baffled and confused.
Father blessed them all with reason
and this is what they choose?

Monkey killing monkey killing monkey
over pieces of the ground.
Silly monkeys,
give them thumbs they forge a blade
and where there's one they're bound to divide it,
right in two.

Monkey killing monkey killing monkey
over pieces of the ground.
Silly monkeys,
give them thumbs they make a club
and beat their brother down.

How they survive so misguided is a mystery.
Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability
to live tonight in heaven,
conscious of his fleeting time here.

Cutting it all, right in two.

Fight over ground, over earth, over sky.
They fight over life, over blood, over air and light,
over love, over some, over none.
They fight or they die, Over what?
Over writing!

Angels on the sideline again,
Benched along with patience and reason.
Angels on the sideline again,
Wondering where this tug of war will end.

Right in two!

Right in two.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i totally know what you mean tho and cannot stand the hypocrisy that many "religious" people demonstrate...or just apathy from people in general... the let somebody else do it mentality..

angell_m

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
5w4
I did not understand this, so I am to go long with it. No offence. Since I'm not of English origin it sometimes feels as if I'm reading binary code.

I'm not religious though.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
he needs to get laid. that's all i can figure out.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
what are you guys talking about you don't understand?

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
Religion is one of the greatest things ever. It is a wonderful fail safe that cultures around the world construct independently to reinforce social bonds. Some of them get out of control, some of them die out over time, but you'd never really want the construct to disappear entirely. I'll always want to allow a nucleus of believers from all faiths to continue to live independently of whatever lifestyle I choose because it is better for them, or at least they believe it is better for them. No need to push the issue and risk serious confrontation.

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
The main thing that's changed since I started to develop F is that all those things which seemed irrational and "stupid" are now justified in principle by F, but now judged underdeveloped and extremely vulgar in their execution.

Take religion. Yeah of course even a child knows there's no granddaddy in the sky watching down on you, but people FeEl a need for spirituality so they believe it. But this is just vulgar. It's stunted spiritual growth. It's worshipping a golden cow or the hunga bunga mountain god. If you tell them you're an atheist they think you're not spiritual, you care only of material things, blah blah. How about having a definition of good and evil, how about developing an objective morality system, how about reading up on the defensibility of moral utilitarianism in an unbounded universe, how about trying to get investors to finance antiaging research when aging kills 100,000 people a day. No, that does not count, if one doesn't believe in your voodoo s**t they're not spiritual. Ok then. Where's my doll??

Yesterday I was walking on a street in China and a big sharp heavy rusty metal piece fell on a girl who bent down in pain and started bleeding profusely. 20 people watching and doing nothing, I'm the only one to try to tell them to call an ambulance or a doctor. They're just freaking paralyzed and asking her if she's ok to pretend they care, when of course she's not ok and you can see a wound on her foot an inch deep and she's bent down just pushing her foot to keep it together her face twisted in pain and saying nothing, just screaming. Of course she's ok she's having a great time!

More and more people stop, just to watch not to do anything to help her. Eventually I have to walk to the nearest bus station to get someone to call 911 because the orange faced monkey 1$ a day workers and the stupid bystanders won't move a finger.

Stupid, dirty, dirty monkeys keep making me sick, they are so f***ing evil and vulgar that stupidity is really the LEAST of their problems!!! They've got a looooong path to self development before they finally get down to the "fix stupidity" item.

Hope all the fat chicks on antidepressants with "jesus loves you" stickers on their car bumper, all the walmart mommies smoking 3 packs a day, and more categories of people added each day, all fall off the grand canyon and go straight to hell!

:nice: :rofl1: :banana2: :horor: :blink: :soapbox: :BangHead: :17425: :chicken: :moodeath: :whistling: :smiley_violin: :smiley_violin: :smiley_violin: :smiley_violin:

These are the emotiocon I thought illustrated this post best.

Seriously if you attribute all these things to feelings you are dumber than the people you described and have no basis of understanding Jungs theories. Feeling from a Jung perspective is rational it is not driven by emotions, actually feelings in Jung perspective have little to do with emotions, it is driven by ideals. What you are describing as feelings in your first line is emotions driven by Se. If you dont have emotions at all and this is the first in your life you are developing emotions I will congratulate you. We all have them, believe it or not and please for the sake of people around you go to a mental institution if youve never encountered emotions before. You might be more sick than you thought.

And yes people are idiots, so what? Like thats new, rant more coherent next time. Plus a side question, what is the purpose of this thread? To see if others feels the same? I dont think so, you are a special being [/sarcasm]

Get off the high horse like you are thinking dominant and knows whats best for all. If I need a Jesus/marthyr Id not want you so dont try and be one.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
well i think...he's saying that the religious notion of a heavenly deity is obscenely illogical in his perspective but that an emotionally mature empathetic person understands the importance of a spiritual interconnected mindset...or something.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
^ So why didn't he just say that? :laugh:

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is clearly immature opinion extracted from nitpickings of world occurrences. To form a conclusion from a limited sample is illogical and whiny.

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
The importance of the deity or deities could decline over time, but the teachings and ideals remain? I can see that happening over time or as different beliefs intermingle.

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
well i think...he's saying that the religious notion of a heavenly deity is obscenely illogical in his perspective but that an emotionally mature empathetic person understands the importance of a spiritual interconnected mindset...or something.

Yeah thats a long rant for nothing

This is clearly immature opinion extracted from nitpickings of world occurrences. To form a conclusion from a limited sample is illogical and whiny.

I totally agree. And I made a long post when I could have made this? Oh man....

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
well i think what's true is true rather we believe it or not so....what others believe or what i believe seems irrelevant on it's own but i certainly agree that we are better off to have ideals to live by...or philosophies that resonate with us and help us to become better people.

Lucas

MBTI Type
INTP
My understanding of the OP is that he is trying to make two independent but related points.

The first is that religious people presume that religion is the only way to be spiritual, and so if you are not religious, you must be totally materialistic.

The second is that people prefer "feel-good" solutions to actually trying to help. I think this is where he was going with the accident example, and the bit at the beginning.

all those things which seemed irrational and "stupid" are now justified in principle by F, but now judged underdeveloped and extremely vulgar in their execution

That their attempts at helping are justified by F, but are underdeveloped and so practically useless.

I believe this is the point of the first bit as well; religion is not a useful solution to problems, but people refuse to consider any alternative as actually "caring".