First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by ocean View Post
    Fact: whenever someone expresses an opinion which challenges the social status quo, he exposes himself to criticism - his position is weak with respect to all sorts of social attacks.
    Fact: you haven't challenged anything. You've expressed a myopic opinion on a set of ideals you clearly know very little about.

If anything, you've challenged outward impression of your competency to clearly and concisely speak your mind.

Fact: I don't give a s**t and historically never have
    Fact: You clearly care. A lot. This thread is proof.

Fact: "immature" to most people means that I don't take the BS status quo as is but have different ideals and I haven't become cynical or apathetic to things
    Fact: Look up what "status quo" means first. Then, use the term.

Fact: as all the mature people who don't nitpick and go to the temple every sunday and aren't all the bad things which have been attributed to me in this thread were standing there, I was the one to get someone to call an ambulance. I hope if something happens to me there's another immature freak/idiot to do something about it!
    Fact: What the hell are you talking about? Why did you include this component in the first place?

And, why are you talking like Dwight Schrute?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by tawanda View Post
    I have learned through my job that there are masses of people are out there with double digit IQs or lower and are in much greater numbers.
    It's the single-digit and quadruple-digit IQs that worry me.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I'm amazed this thread got this far and has actually gotten serious responses. The OP is a clear idiot and has been since he/she/it got here.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

^ I guess I don't read it that harshly; ocean sounds like someone who is starting to awaken to a new side of themselves. Rather abruptly. Lots of inner muddiness.

I rather enjoyed the raw expression of that, but can clearly see why it would not be enjoyed in this section of the forum. There's a lack of cogent structure and an illogical construct that begs to be slapped back.

Come over and post your fledgling flights of emotional exploration in the NF section ocean; we'll help you transform that angst - like turning water into wine.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

That's an interesting perspective.
    Maybe he should have posted this in the NF Idyllic.

EDIT: He showed a SLIGHT bit more perspective here, although the whole thing's rather demeaning.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...-s-stupid.html

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    EDIT: He showed a SLIGHT bit more perspective here, although the whole thing's rather demeaning.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...-s-stupid.html
    Pfft, that's the least of her problems.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

^ quite a hook with the post title; I read through that yesterday, and some of the ill-conceived, crazy advice in that thread too.

I admit there's messy expression, but I find ocean kind of intriguing ... like a lump of clay that still has no shape or form, turning on the potter's wheel. What hands will help to shape that potential? Skillful ones are needed.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

And you think it's your job to shape him that directly?
    The clay can't be shaped unless it's ready... and it's up to him to make his own decisions.

Any responses in this thead, if you read carefully, have been corrections to the claims he made for NTs and mirrors of his original attitude... just to return him to a point of balance. Less-extreme claims would have been met with less strong rebuffs.

The whole point of NT logic/guidance is meant to return volition back to the originator, so he can make his own choices. None of us are going to try to make him into anything, that's up to him.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

^ I'm not saying I am personally taking on such a challenge, which is difficult to do in an online format anyway.

Although I am open to help if I can.

I am suggesting that it seems to me at this point in ocean's development, a more mature individual will help him recognize these inner feelings for what they are and guide them to a positive form. Best a person IRL.
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Agreed.

But I'm just going to have us put our cards on the table: It's pretty clear you're in here to steer this whole thread in a different direction and give a "guiding hand" because you seemingly don't like how the NTs have handled things, you're doing that typical "NF" thing without really just coming out and stating your intentions... and I think your approach will not be effective at this juncture and probably even counter-productive.

I do agree that, in the end, it's not a bunch of faceless names on an online forum who will provide mentorship, it's going to be real-life guides. It just doesn't sound like he has any he respects IRL right now.