User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTP

It doesn't even have to be that perfect. It could be a construct of beliefs to help dominate, organize, or network people. It could function to spread messengers across continents and bring in resources or inspire order by fear. It would serve to ensure survival and a way of life, even if that way of life is horrible by our standards. If it helps people want to become better or seek knowledge and harmony, then it is all the better.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Wishing people to hell for wishing people to hell? Doesn't that put you in hell?

You're complaining and offering no solution, so your post seems useless and analytical instead of useful and action oriented. Why should I care what grievances you hold toward people? What use do any of your opinions hold when standing alone?

It seems to me that you're complaining and doing nothing about people complaining and doing nothing, which I find as ironic, hence, quite humorous.

"Poor bastard. Wait 'till he sees the bats. "
    enneagram - 7/5/3

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

What does being religious got to do with being an F? I hate to break it to you, but there are F agnostics and atheists and Ts who are deep into organized religion.

Also, you're talking about what you witnessed in China, then you jump to criticizing American behavior you don't like.

You're pretty damn illogical yourself. Tell me: did YOU help the girl?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    It doesn't even have to be that perfect. It could be a construct of beliefs to help dominate, organize, or network people. It could function to spread messengers across continents and bring in resources or inspire order by fear. It would serve to ensure survival and a way of life, even if that way of life is horrible by our standards. If it helps people want to become better or seek knowledge and harmony, then it is all the better.

yeah sorry but fuck a bunch of domination and fear tactics...people need to develop empathy...inject people at birth if necessary...but make them feel the pain and suffering of others to make them give a shit enough to do something about it.

not that's possible or at all ethical haha just sayin
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    My understanding of the OP is that he is trying to make two independent but related points.

The first is that religious people presume that religion is the only way to be spiritual, and so if you are not religious, you must be totally materialistic.

The second is that people prefer "feel-good" solutions to actually trying to help. I think this is where he was going with the accident example, and the bit at the beginning.

That their attempts at helping are justified by F, but are underdeveloped and so practically useless.

I believe this is the point of the first bit as well; religion is not a useful solution to problems, but people refuse to consider any alternative as actually "caring".
    If thats true he should have been more coherent, since what hes writing is nothing at all like that.

Where do you get the underdeveloped from?

Because I understood the post as this:

1. The argument

2. Annecdotes to describe said argument/rant.

So if thats true, its seriously bad written, if the point is what you are getting at.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by fill View Post
    It seems to me that you're complaining and doing nothing about people complaining and doing nothing, which I find as ironic, hence, quite humorous.

I know right, WTF???

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    yeah sorry but fuck a bunch of domination and fear tactics...people need to develop empathy...inject people at birth if necessary...but make them feel the pain and suffering of others to make them give a shit enough to do something about it.

not that's possible or at all ethical haha just sayin
    To some extent religion allows for this too. Parables of caring and good deeds aren't unique to any single religion. What could be closer to birth than early indoctrination in the form of genital mutilation or ritual washing (among other customs)? If you could construct a set of beliefs around empathy and actually market it to a significant population of the world, devoid of any need for fear or violence, you would definitely improve the standing of humans all over the world. This would be monumental and the backlash from developed, existing faiths with huge amounts of believers and resources at their disposal would be enormous, so I doubt it will ever happen.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    To some extent religion allows for this too. Parables of caring and good deeds aren't unique to any single religion. What could be closer to birth than early indoctrination in the form of genital mutilation or ritual washing (among other customs)? If you could construct a set of beliefs around empathy and actually market it to a significant population of the world, devoid of any need for fear or violence, you would definitely improve the standing of humans all over the world. This would be monumental and the backlash from developed, existing faiths with huge amounts of believers and resources at their disposal would be enormous, so I doubt it will ever happen.
    yeah screw em...i've been looking into starting a cult this might be a good fit.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Banned
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    5w4

And I think, that perhaps all of you or perhaps just a few of you may or may not have misinterpreted the context of his post or perhaps minor or major parts of his posts, something that may or may not have led you to post what may or may not have been pointless in hope of perhaps achieving something that may or may not really matter. And perhaps I should not drink Red Bull.

MBTI
    INTP

I disagree. I think we're really starting to get somewhere.