User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Religion is one of the greatest things ever. It is a wonderful fail safe that cultures around the world construct independently to reinforce social bonds. Some of them get out of control, some of them die out over time, but you'd never really want the construct to disappear entirely. I'll always want to allow a nucleus of believers from all faiths to continue to live independently of whatever lifestyle I choose because it is better for them, or at least they believe it is better for them. No need to push the issue and risk serious confrontation.

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by ocean View Post
    The main thing that's changed since I started to develop F is that all those things which seemed irrational and "stupid" are now justified in principle by F, but now judged underdeveloped and extremely vulgar in their execution.

Take religion. Yeah of course even a child knows there's no granddaddy in the sky watching down on you, but people FeEl a need for spirituality so they believe it. But this is just vulgar. It's stunted spiritual growth. It's worshipping a golden cow or the hunga bunga mountain god. If you tell them you're an atheist they think you're not spiritual, you care only of material things, blah blah. How about having a definition of good and evil, how about developing an objective morality system, how about reading up on the defensibility of moral utilitarianism in an unbounded universe, how about trying to get investors to finance antiaging research when aging kills 100,000 people a day. No, that does not count, if one doesn't believe in your voodoo s**t they're not spiritual. Ok then. Where's my doll??

Yesterday I was walking on a street in China and a big sharp heavy rusty metal piece fell on a girl who bent down in pain and started bleeding profusely. 20 people watching and doing nothing, I'm the only one to try to tell them to call an ambulance or a doctor. They're just freaking paralyzed and asking her if she's ok to pretend they care, when of course she's not ok and you can see a wound on her foot an inch deep and she's bent down just pushing her foot to keep it together her face twisted in pain and saying nothing, just screaming. Of course she's ok she's having a great time!

More and more people stop, just to watch not to do anything to help her. Eventually I have to walk to the nearest bus station to get someone to call 911 because the orange faced monkey 1$ a day workers and the stupid bystanders won't move a finger.

Stupid, dirty, dirty monkeys keep making me sick, they are so f***ing evil and vulgar that stupidity is really the LEAST of their problems!!! They've got a looooong path to self development before they finally get down to the "fix stupidity" item.

Hope all the fat chicks on antidepressants with "jesus loves you" stickers on their car bumper, all the walmart mommies smoking 3 packs a day, and more categories of people added each day, all fall off the grand canyon and go straight to hell!
    :horor: :chicken: :smiley_violin: :smiley_violin: :smiley_violin: :smiley_violin:

These are the emotiocon I thought illustrated this post best.

Seriously if you attribute all these things to feelings you are dumber than the people you described and have no basis of understanding Jungs theories. Feeling from a Jung perspective is rational it is not driven by emotions, actually feelings in Jung perspective have little to do with emotions, it is driven by ideals. What you are describing as feelings in your first line is emotions driven by Se. If you dont have emotions at all and this is the first in your life you are developing emotions I will congratulate you. We all have them, believe it or not and please for the sake of people around you go to a mental institution if youve never encountered emotions before. You might be more sick than you thought.

And yes people are idiots, so what? Like thats new, rant more coherent next time. Plus a side question, what is the purpose of this thread? To see if others feels the same? I dont think so, you are a special being [/sarcasm]

Get off the high horse like you are thinking dominant and knows whats best for all. If I need a Jesus/marthyr Id not want you so dont try and be one.

Banned
    MBTI
    xSFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

well i think...he's saying that the religious notion of a heavenly deity is obscenely illogical in his perspective but that an emotionally mature empathetic person understands the importance of a spiritual interconnected mindset...or something.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

^ So why didn't he just say that?
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

This is clearly immature opinion extracted from nitpickings of world occurrences. To form a conclusion from a limited sample is illogical and whiny.

MBTI
    INTP

The importance of the deity or deities could decline over time, but the teachings and ideals remain? I can see that happening over time or as different beliefs intermingle.

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    well i think...he's saying that the religious notion of a heavenly deity is obscenely illogical in his perspective but that an emotionally mature empathetic person understands the importance of a spiritual interconnected mindset...or something.
    Yeah thats a long rant for nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    This is clearly immature opinion extracted from nitpickings of world occurrences. To form a conclusion from a limited sample is illogical and whiny.
    I totally agree. And I made a long post when I could have made this? Oh man....

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

well i think what's true is true rather we believe it or not so....what others believe or what i believe seems irrelevant on it's own but i certainly agree that we are better off to have ideals to live by...or philosophies that resonate with us and help us to become better people.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP

My understanding of the OP is that he is trying to make two independent but related points.

The first is that religious people presume that religion is the only way to be spiritual, and so if you are not religious, you must be totally materialistic.

The second is that people prefer "feel-good" solutions to actually trying to help. I think this is where he was going with the accident example, and the bit at the beginning.

all those things which seemed irrational and "stupid" are now justified in principle by F, but now judged underdeveloped and extremely vulgar in their execution
    That their attempts at helping are justified by F, but are underdeveloped and so practically useless.

I believe this is the point of the first bit as well; religion is not a useful solution to problems, but people refuse to consider any alternative as actually "caring".