User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Moonstone3 View Post
    When you drink, NTs, do you become more sociable? Do you then regret it?

It's rare, but when drinking, I wake up the next morning thinking:Oh my god, did I say that?! Did I really do that? Maybe it's I related, but I usually become a huge Extrovert. You?
    yes i become more sociable around strangers, but if im with close friends it doesent make big difference. i think its because when im with friends, i can freely say what ever comes to my mind, but when im with strangers/people who im not close friends with, i doubt too much if i can say this or not. but when im drunk i dont think that much if its ok to say something or not, so while turning bit more sociable, i have potential of becoming an asshole. weed on the other hand nowadays turns me into real E and i talk and talk without the ability to stop(but with certain types of people i might still doubt what i say, sometimes even more than sober). i start to joke around etc. and i seem to success of telling funny stuff also. last time when i smoked there were 2 strangers me and one old friend, i said something what none of us could stop laughing at for over a minute, added something in it(when i was able to talk from all the laughing) and there we went again. we laughed so much that we hit the point where we tried not to laugh, but none of us could stop right away.

i have done some stuff drunk that i have regretted, but i try not to regret those things too much, but if im high, this never happens.

nowadays i prefer to drink just at home few beers, more than going out and getting wasted, but because weed is illegal here and i cant get it every time i wanted to, so i drink when we go out. sometimes i drink bit too much and act more or less like an idiot. most the time few beers + weed is the best when going out(or in party or when ever other people around too and mission to get intoxicated) imo, but even just weed would be better than alcohol.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6-5

I'd say I get more social and speak more freely what I might normally keep to myself (in a playful way). I am a natural smartass. I don't get drunk anymore. Alcohol in general puts me to sleep (especially wine). I must be engaged in something to drink and stay awake like poker or conversation. I am always very aware of my surroundings and observant. Alcohol doesn't change that much. I am still very self aware and self conscious.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

I start off quiet and hyperobservant, but when I'm inevitably dragged into the conversation, I become much more sociable and speak more freely, though this is not limited to silly commentary and I'm liable to make sarcastic and arrogant comments I would normally have bitten my tongue against saying otherwise (but all in good fun). I also tend to laugh even more than I usually do, and sing as long as someone else starts singing first.

At some point, however, I always end up going off on some scientific/natural history tangent that may or may not actually be that exciting (depending on the drunkenness of my company), but then it'll get random again and I'll end up singing or playing with cherry stems...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6-5

Quote Originally Posted by Owlesque View Post
    I start off quiet and hyperobservant, but when I'm inevitably dragged into the conversation, I become much more sociable and speak more freely, though this is not limited to silly commentary and I'm liable to make sarcastic and arrogant comments I would normally have bitten my tongue against saying otherwise (but all in good fun). I also tend to laugh even more than I usually do, and sing as long as someone else starts singing first.
    Sounds so familiar. I let the zingers go that I normally keep to myself or whisper to someone I feel safe saying them to (so not to offend someone I don't know or embarrass myself when no one gets it).
    Type 6w5 sp/so/sx I think..I have not fully explored this and just discovered it.

Banned

When you drink, NTs, do you become more sociable?
    Not even the younglings survived.

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Nope, in fact I let go of my socially desirable behaviour, and thus become less sociable...
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

Permabanned

No, I become less sociable. When I'm sober and there are people around me that I find interesting I will eventually try to engage them just because I want to know more about them and I feel awkward just staring at a bunch of people. When I'm drunk I don't have this feeling. I've literally stared at other drunk people for hours just observing them without saying a word. Eventually they come over and talk to me, and I answer their questions, but I find I just want to observe them. I don't want to interact with them. I'm very quiet when I'm drunk, I just taking everything in.

I honestly don't see the point of alcohol..it doesn't make me more sociable, it doesn't give me more insight, the buzz isn't as good as other stuff, I don't enjoy life as much as I could, and the hangovers suck. I only drink when it's socially expected. And even then..maybe just a couple. There's better stuff out there.

Theres not much of a difference. I'm generally just more confused than I normally am about where I am and what im supposed to be doing.

I think less about what I say and let some things slip that shouldn't. I once told a girl that I loved her name and that if I ever became a stripper or a prostitute I would use it as my stage-name. I didn't mean it in a bad way, but she had no way of knowing that.

My purpose for the evening, whatever it may be, also gets replaced with go forth and fuck people.

I dont regret what I do when drunk because: 1)its pointless and a waste of time
    2) its not too much of a stretch from decisions I make sober
    "... generalities are intellectually necessary evils. Not philosophers, but fret-sawyers and stamp collectors compose the backbone of society."

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

It really depends on my company.

If I'm drinking with people who I don't know well, or with people who I am in a formal relationship with (a boss/advisor, etc.) I get much more quiet and reserved. I might just get sleepy and wander off after a while.

If I'm with friends, I hear it's one of the few ways to get me to talk. It's a popular past time for my xNFx friends to get me drunk, it seems. Apparently I'm friendlier after I've had a few. Who knew?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

people are just easier to deal with when i've drank a bit. i don't know if it's because it makes me more social or if it just makes socializing less tedious.