User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am becoming an ENTJ?

Junior Member Array

Default I am becoming an ENTJ?

Ok, I was a intp in my childhood, until I got interested in doing more exciting things and influenced by people around me, then I became an 100% entp in my adolecence, it was fun, full of possibilities and fun

Then it happened, my father wanted me to start learning about our family business, because he wants to leave it to me to run it later.
    Seriously? an entp? managing a big business? with lot of employees and lots of responsability??? no way.
    But then I started to learn, yeah, I am an adult now, is better than find a job... at least I was the boss son .
    It was 2 years ago... in the beggining it was very boring, always scolded because of my disorganized ways of doing things, forgetting things, procrastinate, bla bla bla, but guess what? I learned a lot from my mistakes, then I started to be more organized and hardworking for the praise of my parents, I... really want to make them proud of me.
    Because of that I started to read a lot of books about how to manage people and influence others, and then.... I fell in LOVE with the POWER now, I like to take decisions, manage people, improve and be efficient, more hardworking, etc lot of entj traits...

what do you think? Did I became an mature entp or became another entj?

very different, no?

"Extraverted Thinking
    "Unequivocating" expresses the resoluteness of the ENTJ's dominant function. Clarity of convictions endows these Thinkers with a knack for debate, or wanting knack, a penchant for argument. The light and heat generated by Thinking at the helm can be impressive; perhaps even overwhelming. Experience teaches many ENTJs that restraint may often be the better part of valor, lest one find oneself victorious but alone.

Introverted iNtuition
    The auxiliary function explores the blueprints of archetypal patterns and equips Thinking with a fresh, dynamic sense of how things work. Improvising on the fly is something many ENTJs do very well. As Thinking's subordinate, insights are of value only insofar as they further the Right, True Cause celebre. [n.b.: ENTJs are capable of living on a higher plane, if you will, and learning to value individuals even above their principles. The above dynamic suggests less individuation.] "

"Extraverted iNtuition

ENTPs are nothing if not unique. Brave new associations flow freely from the unconscious into the world of the living. Making, discovering and developing connections between and among two or more of anything is virtually automatic. The product of intuition is merely an icon of process; ENTPs are in the business of change, improvement, experimentation.

The attraction Extraverted iNtuition has toward the real and physical amounts to a cosmic non sequitur: theory is drawn to practice. Such encounters are clearly puzzling. Both parties--the intuitor and the realist--are aware of a xenic quality in their meeting, with reactions ranging from recoil to reverie.
    Introverted Thinking

Thinking is iNtuition's ready assistant, an embodiment of the sort of logic found in laws, boards and circuits. Thinking's job is to lend focus and direction to iNtuition's critical mass. The temporary habitations of changeling iNtuition are constructed of Boolean materials from Thinking's storehouse. Ultimately, Thinking is no match for iNtuition's prodigiousness. Systems lie in various states of disarray, fragmentary traces of Thinking's feverish attempts to shadow and undergird the leaps of the dominant function. One can only suppose that Thinking must continue to work during REM sleep pulling together iNtuition's brainchildren into integral wholes."

Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post
    Systems lie in various states of disarray, fragmentary traces of Thinking's feverish attempts to shadow and undergird the leaps of the dominant function.
    Yeah... that sums up my internal landscape pretty well! Which is why however the tests place me - sometimes I'm ENTJ 3 out of 5 times, sometimes 2 out of 5 - I know I'm ENTP really. Even though I also can get my teeth into efficiently running a project, even leadership, and enjoy it as much as any ENTJ.

Question: do you find that the organisation/routine/task side of things is important to you because if it's not maintained, then your ability to make leaps and progress etc is hampered? Cos that's something I discovered was different between my ENTJ ex-business partner and myself. He wanted all that stuff for the sake of efficiency, that was its own reward. For me it was a sort of backdrop or milieu that I came to value because of how much easier it made it to move forward to new territory, to experiment and all that.
    I'm male and over 30, FYI.
    Preferences: 20% Extravert, 98% Intuitive, 68% Thinker, 17% Perceiving

7w6 sx/sp
    ILE Ti

Alternative theory: You could have morphed into an ESTJ or ENFP. Do you think you use Ni (foresight, vision) or Ne (connections, patterns, hypothesis and possibilities) more?

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

6w7 sp/sx

I tend to think that adulthood and society tends to bring out our J functions, making us all seem a little more J than we originally were.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

I know...I was possibly an ESFP at a younger I'm like the hell with what people
    think if I don't do everything I'm pressured to do, if they don't break me let them go take
    their happy asses off somewhere to repeat how funny it was that it became a joke among

7w8 so/sx
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I tend to think that adulthood and society tends to bring out our J functions, making us all seem a little more J than we originally were.
    So true.
    I felt like I was becoming a J because I scared myself as to how organized and focused I became when working or getting this second job...and then I forgot

filling some space Array UnitOfPopulation's Avatar

CLess, your personality type progression is strikingly similar to mine. I was an INTJ/INTP though.

You asked if you were an ENTJ or an ENTP. For what it's worth, you could be either. In my experience, the personality indicator isn't foolproof enough to distinguish from persons of "true type" and those who have underwent a motivated personality transition.

Quote Originally Posted by cless986 View Post
    what do you think? Did I became an mature entp or became another entj?
    being in love with power and learning to manipulate people doesn't sound "mature" to me.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

Welcome to Sunnyside Array Mondo's Avatar

I'm of the belief that someone can never change his or her personality type.
    You were probably an ENTP during childhood and just didn't know it.
    ENTP's can be power-hungry and effective managers too.
    From what you've said, I think you're an ENTP and not an ENTJ.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx