Thread: Christian NTJs?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Default Christian NTJs?

Are there any here? If not, do you know of any? Speak up! I'm curious about you

All the ones I've known personally have been stark Atheists, but considering that even within a type there are still so many different types of individuals with varying backgrounds and worldviews I'm certain there have to be at least a few NTJs in the faith... right?

Yeah I know one. He's a regular church attender, but he's a maverick. He attends a church where the vicar is a maverick too, and the whole tone of the congregation is unorthodox, yet still "official". That's the advantage of being Anglican I suppose... there's such a broad scope of what's permissable, style-wise.

I guess it's different from an American point of view... the INTJ I mentioned is American by origin but he married an English woman (an INFP) and now has British citizenship. He says he was very anti-religion until he realised how different religion could be, when he came to Europe.
    I'm male and over 30, FYI.
    Preferences: 20% Extravert, 98% Intuitive, 68% Thinker, 17% Perceiving

Aspiring Troens Ridder KLessard's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by neptunesnet View Post
    Are there any here? If not, do you know of any? Speak up! I'm curious about you

All the ones I've known personally have been stark Atheists, but considering that even within a type there are still so many different types of individuals with varying backgrounds and worldviews I'm certain there have to be at least a few NTJs in the faith... right?
    There are four Christian INTJs I know personally. One who is a respected Creation scientist, two others who are middle-aged women actively involved with children evangelism and another who is one of my very best friends since childhood. All are people I respect and find very intelligent, but don't get into an argument or debate with them. They'll expose their theology and confront yours 'til they make you cry and make you feel totally stupid.
    My friend is a sweet girl, though, with a bit of a sentimental/ romantic side to her. She has become even sweeter since she's become a mother. She used to be bossy as a kid, but not anymore. She is a jewel of a Christian who has understood grace in a way few Christians I know have.
    Last edited by KLessard; 07-07-2010 at 08:36 AM.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

One here.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Aspiring Troens Ridder KLessard's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

By the way... C.S. Lewis: INTJ and one of the greatest Christian writers there are.

MBTI
    INTJ

i am as well.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

So...what now?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by cashmana View Post
    i am as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    One here.
    Okay... so do you follow under a particular denomination? Do you attend church regularly? Were you brought up in the faith? How do you reconcile (if you do or have ever had to) your logical, analytical selves with your faith and belief in a Higher Being? What! Give me something!

Quote Originally Posted by KLessard View Post
    All are people I respect and find very intelligent, but don't get into an argument or debate with them. They'll expose their theology and confront yours 'til they make you cry and make you feel totally stupid.
    You'd think the Word, which focuses heavily on unconditional love and selflessness and redemption, would soften them up a bit.

My friend is a sweet girl, though, with a bit of a sentimental/ romantic side to her. She has become even sweeter since she's become a mother. She used to be bossy as a kid, but not anymore. She is a jewel of a Christian who has understood grace in a way few Christians I know have.
    What a nice story! Best case scenario, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by proximo View Post
    Yeah I know one. He's a regular church attender, but he's a maverick. He attends a church where the vicar is a maverick too, and the whole tone of the congregation is unorthodox, yet still "official". That's the advantage of being Anglican I suppose... there's such a broad scope of what's permissable, style-wise.
    That's interesting. One of my best friends is Anglican. I've attended church services and a few retreats with her; I've also met several other Anglicans throughout my life, and in my experience they've all been very orthodox, very conservative.

I guess it's different from an American point of view... the INTJ I mentioned is American by origin but he married an English woman (an INFP) and now has British citizenship. He says he was very anti-religion until he realised how different religion could be, when he came to Europe.
    You're probably right. I just wonder what makes the Christian community in Europe so different from the American one...

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    So...what now?
    Is that... for me?

MBTI
    ISTx

Met a devout ENTJ Christian recently...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by neptunesnet View Post

Is that... for me?
    Yes, I thought since you have discovered existing christian INTJ's, you would move on. I see many questions remain. Is there any other reason behind this interest?