• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Christian NTJs?

Usehername

On a mission
UseHerName is pretty firmly Christian and INTJ, although she's not here much nowadays. But she's pretty heavily involved in the faith.

Aww, Jen's always got me covered. :wubbie:

I have spent some years teaching/running Sunday School at my church, was the worship leader at university (thank God for Taylors, which make mediocre musicians sound better :yes:), and I love heavy religious discussions.

Right now I'm getting pwned by N.T. Wright's six volume series on Christian Origins and the Question of God.

I am admittedly very undisciplined when it comes to reading theology and the Bible--I am full systems go, devouring the pages some days, and I also go weeks without touching them.

MoneyTick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
After studying the Bible for eleven years, putting together the facts, validating everything to the fullest extent, and doubting everything I read only to realize that that the only thing that could prevent me from believing is whether I merely chose to believe or not ---

You've defiantly got one here.

Anthony Flew was the WORLD'S MOST NOTORIOUS ATHEIST. He then decided to validate everything scientifically to make sure he was 100% correct that there was no God.

Well, turns out his next book was called "There Is A God" by Anthony Flew.

Its a matter of personal discretion. Some believe in Christianity, some don't.

But don't get lost here --- Because there's the truth, and what you believe.

Believe what you wish, or interpret the truth as you wish.

Some may disagree, but I prefer to believe in the facts. If you disagree, read the book written by the world's most famous Atheist, and then come talk to me.

Like I said, it's personal discretion. If you don't want you lifestyle constrained by the parameters of Christian belief, there's certainly no God for you.

We certainly don't like this recession/depression either but what are we going to do?

Hard facts will never change - Only we change, and what we believe. THE truth, and YOUR truth.

For instance, I will boldly say "THERE IS NO RECESSION, THE ECONOMY IS IN PERFECT CONDITION, AND THERE A MILLION JOBS OUT THERE ... AMERICAN CITIZENS ARE NOW CURRENTLY 100% EMPLOYED"

It's the same picture with Christianity - willful ignorance and a decision to discredit its virtues for the sake of maintaining a vile lifestyle, only at a more complex scale.

Now believing is easy, you'll have to be hardcore Gothic, emo, or brainwashed from young age to say there is no God. It's one thing to believe, its another to conform to the elements of your belief.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well... that was interesting.

NTJs really seem to polarize the god issue for me: Listening to them either inspires my faith to deepen... or turns me off from religion completely.

He says, "Christianity destroys myth," but isn't it more like "Christianity is the true myth"?

"Myth" in the sense that Tolkien and CS Lewis meant it?

S

Sniffles

I've read parts of Anthony Flew's book, rather interesting, particularly in noting that much of the "New Atheism" tends to be a throwback to Logical Positivism.

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
NTJs really seem to polarize the god issue for me: Listening to them either inspires my faith to deepen... or turns me off from religion completely.

I know exactly what you mean. Which is part of the reason I wanted to know more about NTJ Christians (as well as know their thoughts on the religion) and to see how common they really were.

Lark

I've read parts of Anthony Flew's book, rather interesting, particularly in noting that much of the "New Atheism" tends to be a throwback to Logical Positivism.

That's very true, I tend to find that the vast majority of athiests have a grievance, more often its Christians and not Christ that they cant believe in and I dont find that difficult to understand most of the time, then the more simply, ie logically positivist, arguments and paradigms appeal or are popularised.

S

Sniffles

That's very true, I tend to find that the vast majority of athiests have a grievance, more often its Christians and not Christ that they cant believe in and I dont find that difficult to understand most of the time, then the more simply, ie logically positivist, arguments and paradigms appeal or are popularised.

There's very little that's actually "new" about the New Atheism. Here's some recreations of debates GK Chesterton had in the early part of the 20th century, and they're pretty much the same kind of arguments we're hearing today:

[youtube="FI4rpNrkfps"]Chesterton vs Darrow[/youtube]

[youtube="nBHGPMC-XKw"]Chesterton vs. Blachford[/youtube]

S

Sniffles

Hey thanks, I haven't read any of Richard Swinburne's work before.

Stol11

MBTI Type
ENTJ
well as an ENTJ I can tell you I am a fervent atheist. I read somewhere that it is the type most prone to irreligion.